Friedman: Bill Guerin will listen on everything

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
What’s Ryan Suter’s trade value right now? Contract is awful but he’s still good.
Over the last few days it's been run over pretty extensively on the Wild forum, mostly in regards to Parise, but the cap recapture situation with Suter makes it unlikely that he'll be moved. And of the NMC guys he seems the least likely to waive, regardless of what state the team is in.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
What’s Ryan Suter’s trade value right now? Contract is awful but he’s still good.

Obviously he has a NMC and likely isn’t going anywhere but I’m curious what his value is. Is his contract so long and bad that he’s a negative/neutral value trade asset?
I doubt he's going anywhere with the cap recapture penalty.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Over the last few days it's been run over pretty extensively on the Wild forum, mostly in regards to Parise, but the cap recapture situation with Suter makes it unlikely that he'll be moved. And of the NMC guys he seems the least likely to waive, regardless of what state the team is in.
Can the Avs just borrow him for 4 years for a prospect or something lol. You can have him back when Mackinnon needs a new contract.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I would think too but he nixed a deal to Calgary, I think his wife is holding things still.
I know the other post mentioned it got nixed on CGY side but I saw she tweeted something about the trade potentials, you know the saying already. Happy wife..
He simply can't be traded. Even if he wanted to and the Wild wanted to, there's no way we can risk the recapture penalty. His cap benefit at the end of this season will be 19.2M.

Greenway likely isn't one of the guys we're in a hurry to get rid of, but we do need to get rid of some wingers. We have an abundance of them, and Kaprizov coming in next year. The thought was we could package a couple for an upgrade, but if we're going the rebuild route, I don't know what's going to happen. Most of them are young and would fit the timeline for a rebuild, so we wouldn't have to get rid of them.

Interesting. I liked the kid for team USA, half interested. Don't think he's a fit but I do like him.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I know the other post mentioned it got nixed on CGY side but I saw she tweeted something about the trade potentials, you know the saying already. Happy wife..
Like 90% of Carly's tweets are pot-shots at Jason.

Their problem is that, for various reasons, Carly and the kids are effectively tied to the Twin Cities. Any trade would mean that Zucker's away from his family for the bulk of the year, which obviously isn't ideal.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I hope Montréal is interested in Brodin. He is 26 years old, but with still some untapped potential. Kind of a similar situation to what Jeff Petry was. Petry was 26 when Edmonton traded him also.

A 2nd round pick and a B- prospect?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I hope Montréal is interested in Brodin. He is 26 years old, but with still some untapped potential. Kind of a similar situation to what Jeff Petry was. Petry was 26 when Edmonton traded him also.

If they can't get at least a 1st for Brodin there's not much point in trading him.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Like 90% of Carly's tweets are pot-shots at Jason.

Their problem is that, for various reasons, Carly and the kids are effectively tied to the Twin Cities. Any trade would mean that Zucker's away from his family for the bulk of the year, which obviously isn't ideal.
That would turn me off as a potential buyer.

Would really like him on the Isles though..

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Zucker-Nelson-Bailey

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I thought Beauvillier was a good part of the top 6?
He's been dong well on the third line. We kind of have a mixed bag now with Eberle out too. Beau can get hot but has been inconsistent in the past, so far this season it's motors go and looks like he is shaking off youth mistakes. See how long it lasts though.

Lines as of now with Ebs out:

Lee-Barzal-Khunackel
Beauviller-Nelson-Dal Colle
Bailey-Brassard-Whalstrom

Walle looks good, so does Beau so I like our depth but could use some more consistent punch. Zucker to replace Dal Colle would be nice

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

That offer gets beat pretty easily by another team or the Wild don't move him

Reactions: AKL

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Also, the length of the contract may be awful, but he's still worth his cap hit.

I would think too but he nixed a deal to Calgary, I think his wife is holding things still.

Nope, Zucker didn't have a say in the Calgary deal. That deal fell through because Calgary staff messed up the paperwork.
Exactly. Zucker had no say yet because his limited NTC didn't start until this past July. The Wild were free to move him to any team at any time prior to that.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Would Guerin entertain something with Philly based around Kaprizov for Gostisbehere?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
staal for a 2nd is what i had in mind too . What do you think brodin and zucker get? do you think that is enough to really impact you one way or another? As a wild fan wouldn't you want to escape the mediocrity that you have been trapped in for the past decade? Sports today is about being very good or very bad, if you get caught in the middle its impossible to get out of unless you do something drastic.
It looks like we’ve gotten out

Reactions: Jtown

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad