Confirmed with Link: Bill Armstrong is the new GM of the Coyotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Well, you're a better man than I am for making it through the past 20-odd years with a sense of benefit of the doubt still intact... :D

At any rate, the mess with Glendale is never going to be resolved in full. But the mess with their players and staff, to me, is the more immediate concern. That's got to be cleaned up and in haste. Even if it's a system where they have to tell players that payments may be deferred or delayed due to COVID, at least you implement that step and are transparent with your stakeholders. Of course they're not obligated to do this - but I've noticed that the organizations and corporations that don't take those steps are invariably the ones with short shelf lives.

Oh I have my moments of getting fed up with things and letting people know. :naughty: I just have this mechanism of wanting to get deep into how things happen. Without that I'd have probably been kicked off this site years ago. :D

That said.... Glendale is in a similar situation where they've also been affected like the Coyotes have in regards to the arena. Right now they pay AGM $5.8 million a year to run an arena that's got no events coming in. So I don't see how they could possibly be giving any sort of concession to the Coyotes other than possibly subtracting the costs for concessions and in-game staffing. Other than that.... all the other costs are fixed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coyotedroppings

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Oh I have my moments of getting fed up with things and letting people know. :naughty: I just have this mechanism of wanting to get deep into how things happen. Without that I'd have probably been kicked off this site years ago. :D

Well, I kicked myself off of here a few years ago, and my return has generally been looked upon as a bad idea, so keep doing what you're doing... ;)

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Being smart has nothing to do with ethics. Some things are out of our control Maybe if your daughter didn't pay rent or negotiated her rent she would not have had to terminate her lease or restructure her business. At 24 she has much to learn about landlords, and that you can take to the bank. Famous last words "without prejudice". Lawyers love that phrase.
She did negotiate her rent, deferred to 1/2 payments, but was paid in full prior to negotiating the termination. Landlord would not accept lowered payment until lease termed, but did accept termination. Without prejudice was my verbiage. Point is she signed, made a commitment in doing so and stuck to it as long as possible and would have paid in full to lease end, if she had to.
Non payment is not an option for the ethical.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

That said.... Glendale is in a similar situation where they've also been affected like the Coyotes have in regards to the arena. Right now they pay AGM $5.8 million a year to run an arena that's got no events coming in. So I don't see how they could possibly be giving any sort of concession to the Coyotes other than possibly subtracting the costs for concessions and in-game staffing. Other than that.... all the other costs are fixed.
I doubt very much they are paying the full amount to AGM.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
She did negotiate her rent, deferred to 1/2 payments, but was paid in full prior to negotiating the termination. Landlord would not accept lowered payment until lease termed, but did accept termination. Without prejudice was my verbiage. Point is she signed, made a commitment in doing so and stuck to it as long as possible and would have paid in full to lease end, if she had to.
So, I guess there are millions of unethical people that can't pay rent because of Covid. Your last sentence is full of BS.

Reactions: RemoAZ

technoviking

Whatever's Clever
Aug 14, 2013
Scottsdale

I don't see AM as unethical in this situation, I'm not sure why you're so adamant about it.

Reactions: RemoAZ and Jakey53

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Per Craig, looks like we're interested in a lot of the Sabres scouts who were dumped earlier this year. Good scoop by Craig here.

One of the above guys previously worked for Armstrong in STL and was also his teammate in the OHL.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Per Craig, looks like we're interested in a lot of the Sabres scouts who were dumped earlier this year.

I confess I haven't kept track of the Sabres scouting history, but really I've gotta wonder about potentially hiring a good portion of a scouting corps that was recently fired en masse by another team.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

ParisSaintGermain

Jan 19, 2004
Per Craig, looks like we're interested in a lot of the Sabres scouts who were dumped earlier this year. Good scoop by Craig here.

One of the above guys previously worked for Armstrong in STL and was also his teammate in the OHL.

Well let's hope that BA knows what he is doing, and knows who he is targeting.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Ryan Jankowski

Isles
04 - Western Canada (regional)
05 - Europe (head)
06 - AGM
07 - AGM
08 - AGM
09 - AGM
10 - AGM

Montreal
'11 - ?
'12 - ?
'13 - ?

BUF
2018 - Dir. Am. Scouting
2019 - Dir. Am. Scouting

^ Tough to figure just which picks might've been his.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Ryan Jankowski

^ Tough to figure just which picks might've been his.

He worked with the Team Canada U20 program from 13-17. Pretty experienced guy.

I think they are after some Buffalo folks because there's a.) a lot of them recently fired and b.) they are available.

Randy Sexton was also a director of scouting for the Penguins.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I know some don't like Gambo but found this interesting (You'd think coming up with these opinions at least in part involved talking to Doan and/or Tocchet):
John Gambadoro
@Gambo987

Restructuring of the Hockey Operations Department by new Coyotes GM Bill Armstrong continues - Director of Statistical Analysis Brad Rossen is no longer with the organization. Armstrong expected to bring in qualified hockey people in effort to create winning culture.

"The more I read the more I realize just how bad and unqualified Chayka was. Good to hear Armstrong is giving the front office a makeover."
John Gambadoro
@Gambo987

You have no idea. Chayka did an awful job left this team in shambles. I expect some good trades coming!!!!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I know some don't like Gambo but found this interesting (You'd think coming up with these opinions at least in part involved talking to Doan and/or Tocchet):
John Gambadoro
@Gambo987

Restructuring of the Hockey Operations Department by new Coyotes GM Bill Armstrong continues - Director of Statistical Analysis Brad Rossen is no longer with the organization. Armstrong expected to bring in qualified hockey people in effort to create winning culture.

"The more I read the more I realize just how bad and unqualified Chayka was. Good to hear Armstrong is giving the front office a makeover."
John Gambadoro
@Gambo987

You have no idea. Chayka did an awful job left this team in shambles. I expect some good trades coming!!!!

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Everyone expects trades and have since they got eliminated.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
It was the "Chayka did an awful job left this team in shambles." part that I thought was interesting. Don't think he'd say something like that if Doan and Tocchet spoke highly of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad