Post-Game Talk: Big Z’s Revenge | Canucks def. Flames | 4-3 | Hughes, Lafferty, Mikheyev, Pettersson

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I think someone here speculated this before, but it does feel like they’re showcasing Karlsson a bit. What if Calgary is sorta interested in Karlsson and we dressed him to showcase?

Tanev for Myers, Karlsson, 2nd (higher pick because cap)

(i wish)

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Hronek sort of reminds me of prime Ehrhoff. Not quite as good a skater.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
Canucks are 8-2-1 at home this season. And really should be 9-2 given the horrible reffing in the Rangers game. And we have a 5 game homestand coming up. Time to bank some points.

The fact that we are 16-8-1 after some brutal travel to start the season is huge. The boys have done an incredible job.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
that was very entertaining. not perfect but a decent energy effort. i think they like zadorov.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Soucy, Cole, Zadorov, Hronek (Willander Bruz)

Allvin completely rebuilt the D in a single year, whereas Benning can’t put together a better list in his entire decade of error. Simply amazing how badly Benning stripped this franchise and fanbase

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
GUYS GUYS
I think I know why Juulsen played over Friedman tonight

Had we dressed Friedman over Juulsen, we would had zero, yes, ZERO Canadians in the line-up :eek3:;):laugh:
Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 10.46.58 PM.png

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Nice to walk away with a win, but the team made it a lot harder on themselves than it needed to be. Some quick notes:

Demko: Was a little scrambly in his net tonight. Often overcommiting to the shooting angle, and it really cost them on the second goal. Giving some Luongo vibes with his puck handling as well.

Myers: Needs his minutes honed in. He was great for a couple weeks, but as his minutes have creeped up we're getting chaos giraffe back. Zadorov should help here. Also, his work on the PK tonight was absolutely abysmal.

Penalty kill: Watching the difference between the Knights/Flames and the Canucks on the PK should be a wake-up call to the players and coaching staff. They're permitting way too many chances when the other team sets up, and are giving up the line super easily to allow for the setup.

Powerplay: Been off for a couple games now. The coaching staff seems enamored with Hronek's shot here, and I don't really understand why. He's made it more difficult to enter the zone, the movement has dissapeared, and the team is overall way more predictable as Hronek is just there for the shot. Upside of the shot isn't worth it compared to how much more flexible Kuzmenko is here.

Good bounceback game from the team's top players (especially Petey who was great tonight), but there's a lot of tightening up that's needed. I think the team is firmly entrenched as a team that should make the playoffs, but there's a ways to go to enter that top 4 group in the conference.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I think someone here speculated this before, but it does feel like they’re showcasing Karlsson a bit. What if Calgary is sorta interested in Karlsson and we dressed him to showcase?

Tanev for Myers, Karlsson, 2nd (higher pick because cap)

(i wish)

Reports are that the Flames aren't really looking for picks in their big ticket free agents but prefer young NHL-ready players. I don't think it's a coincidence that Karlsson has played his first two games against the Flames when there are other call-up options.

Reactions: wonton15

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1