Post-Game Talk: Big Z’s Revenge | Canucks def. Flames | 4-3 | Hughes, Lafferty, Mikheyev, Pettersson

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Suter and Soucy come back and we could have something here. Starting to look deep as a team now.

Need 2 more pieces. A 2nd pairing D and an abrasive heavy winger up front.

You basically need two top-four defensemen behind Hughes-Hronek to actually fix the blue line. Plus find a longer-term solution than Cole. And yes to the winger.

Reactions: mossey3535

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Dean Malkoc? Matt Bartkowski? Derek Pouliot? ****, there have been some terrible d-men who have played for this organization.

Jim-Benning.jpg

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
This is happening a lot sooner than I predicted in the post-Benning era.

The mess Benning left behind was massive, and by no means has all the things he's done been undone, but management has done a pretty damn good job.
Absolutely, I'm getting big 2006-2007 vibes right now.

We have hope, we are a notch below the top teams, but we have some sexy pieces, and with some savvy moves, we can slide into the top tier. I mean FFS, I'm starting to nitpick time on ice, PP deployment, PK strategies etc. The nitpicking is glorious, not gonna lie.

Our team isn't a dumpster fire, it's just..... a work in progress, and we have some pretty smart people working on improving things, I am ok with this, lots of steps in the right direction.

Being a Canucks fan is FUN again.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Both would be an improvement for us. Only issue with Rome is that AV would play him too much and on the PP for some reason.

At one point Rome was on pace for something like 80 goals a season.

As for Alberts, when I first started watching hockey, even though I had little idea of what's happening on ice, I found myself kept asking what the hell was this guy doing there???

Reactions: mossey3535

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Myers with the second highest time on ice for Canucks D...WTF am I watching?!?!

In what f*cking world does Tire-Fire-Myers get that much time on ice? So frustrating.
Guessing Hronek and Hughes need a break big time and they haven’t had a practice with Zadarov yet.

Reactions: dez

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Besides benning getting fired, I can't think of a better moment in canuck land when myers is no longer a canuck
Yeah thats true. I would add Eriksson to the list but when he finally left here it was for somehow an even worse contract, so him leaving really could not have been celebrated

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Fun fact, you know that Meyer's has more assists this year (10) than any of Anderson, Hanifin, or Weeger. Maybe that Meyers guy can really play this game LOL

• Wow
Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia