Post-Game Talk: Big Z’s Revenge | Canucks def. Flames | 4-3 | Hughes, Lafferty, Mikheyev, Pettersson

DarrenX

Apr 15, 2014
Are we able to waive Myers and save $1.2 million on the Cap? And if we send down Juulsen do we save another $800k? Myers would be the obvious one to bring in Bear and if you get those savings on both you might be able to upgrade on Bear even.
If we do that we need *two* RHD, not one.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Ya, I don’t know, we just looked a bit off for most of that game. But, we’ve looked that way for a while if you ask me.

A lot of our passing has been just a bit off, which led to rusty looking break outs, zone entries, and turn overs.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Ya, I don’t know, we just looked a bit off for most of that game. But, we’ve looked that way for a while if you ask me.

A lot of our passing has been just a bit off, which led to rusty looking break outs, zone entries, and turn overs.
Yeah the passing and taking passes, even easier ones, has not been as crisp. Quick and clean passes is what separates the top teams from the good teams - it's how players get seperation from their checks and more ice to work with. There's enough elite talent and bottom end contribution from this team to win games without having high standard passing, but if the team hones down on that, they'll dominate most of the competition.

Diversification

Jun 21, 2019
Click on his hockeydb picture and go through each one…

Apparently every day is ‘neck’ day in the gym.
1701617030454.png

1701617050820.png

Reactions: Indiana

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
In the same shift, Juulsen does some really solid stuff and stuff that makes you shudder.

Like the strategy of a protagonist in a horror film.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Tryamkin
Sbisa (part of Kesler trade)
Pedan
Clenndening (For Forsling)
Bartkowski
Brisebois (pick from Eddie Lack trade)
Juolevi
Stetcher
Philip Larsen
Gudbranson (for McCann + 1st)
Pouliot (for Pedan + 4th)
Sautner
Chatfield
Hughes
MDZ
Luke Schenn (traded for MDZ)
Myers
Jordie Benn
Fantenberg
Nate Schmidt
Hamonic
OEL
Burroughs
Hunt

Yep.
Holy f***

Worst GM of All time type shit

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I think people are a bit harsh on Myers, The guy has 12 points in 25 games and is +11.
No, not harsh at all...the team has a +32 goal differential, he's been the beneficiary of that...the main area where he is killing us is on the PK....which at this point is no longer his fault, if the coaches can't figure out he's a terrible penalty killer, then thats firmly on them now.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
No, not harsh at all...the team has a +32 goal differential, he's been the beneficiary of that...the main area where he is killing us is on the PK....which at this point is no longer his fault, if the coaches can't figure out he's a terrible penalty killer, then thats firmly on them now.

It's still the fourth best +/- tied with JT Miller. So yea I think people are a little harsh on him, he has had better games, tonight was just one of the worse though. If you can just keep his ice time limited to the third pairing that would be good. Our D looks huge with him and big Z.

1701618212877.png

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Using plus/minus isn't going to tell you much at the best of times, but it literally tells you nothing about how poorly he kills penalties.

That's on the coach, and I do think he needs to be away from that PK ASAP. Usually with Soucy he would be out in the PK less.

RobsonStreet

Jun 4, 2004
On a team with only 2 players with a negative plus minus and a guy at +18, and 4 others with a plus minus of double digits in the positive, there is Noah Juulsen with a team worst at -5.

Why is the coaching staff still playing this guy
I’m assuming here, but I actually think it’s pretty clear why. With Soucy hurt, they trust him on the penalty kill more than their other options.
C0FE4EFB-F998-4D05-AD57-5520D0A85E27.jpeg

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Holy f***

Worst GM of All time type shit
Yay but Hughes

His shot is shit and his timing his shit too. He ends a lot of play by just shooting a fluff shot at the goalie.
I agree, he works so hard and holds on to the puck and creates so many opportunities but just flubs it at the goalie from weird angles

If he turned into a playmaker he would have 80 assists

Reactions: Indiana

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
On a team with only 2 players with a negative plus minus and a guy at +18, and 4 others with a plus minus of double digits in the positive, there is Noah Juulsen with a team worst at -5.

Why is the coaching staff still playing this guy

to add to what @RobsonStreet said about the pk, juulsen has decent bottom pair stats underlying that -5. he 's only been on for 6 goals against at even strength all season. that is 2.1 goals against/60 which is not bad for bottom pair.

he's also somewhat unlucky. the team is only shooting 1.4% with him on the ice at even strength and he's only been on for 1 goal for all season. his pdo is the opposite of team pdo and unless you think he's suppressing the shooting skills of his linemates he should be a plus player.

you'd rather a guy outscore the opposition but that is not always realistic for a bottom pair dman. simply minimizing the damage at es when he is on the ice can be a win if you have a team that is outscoring the opposition with the other pairings. and we certainly are doing that.

I generally like Garland (sure he’s overpaid). My main issue with him is his shot, it is neither hard or accurate.

i agree but he's been productive in past seasons with that shot. i don't think i have seen a player do more and generate less results than he is right now since brian bradley.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad