Proposal: Big trade between Calgary-St. Louis

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
That's a not a bust. A bust is a player that has no NHL value after a short while. Players like bennett are important for winning teams. If you want a team full of soft creampuffs...youd be the blues.

Bennett has only played like dozen playoff games but he has more career playoff goals than all blues forwards except tarasenko, Schwartz, maroon and Steen. Lol

The playoff goals are a moot point because some guys have cinderella runs( see Mark Letestu vs Connor McDavid in the Oilers run). Relative to his draft position at this moment, Sam Bennett is indeed a bust. While I may agree with your point that having a guy like Bennett may help winning teams you can’t legitimately tell me that this is truly what the Flames envisoned him to be when they picked in the top 5 pick in the draft. That high up you’re picking for elite talent not a 3rd line energy guy.

Had he been picked in the late teens or 20’s then you may have more of an argument but even then players filling Bennett’s role are usually 2nd rounders and beyond type players. If the Flames had two elite centreman and Bennett was regulated to the third that would have been different but that isn’t the case and he isn’t even playing centre in the NHL.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Exactly, the Flames drafted Bennett to be a top line centre or at the very least a formidable 2nd line centre...he’s neither.

Brayden Scheen is a top pick just like Bennett that took a little while(5 years) to come into his own(don't saying that Bennett will do the same, just a observation.)

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Brayden Scheen is a top pick just like Bennett that took a little while(5 years) to come into his own(don't saying that Bennett will do the same, just a observation.)

Schenn's first full season has been better than Bennett's best and he's hit over 40 points over 5 times something Bennett hasn't done once...I see no comparison here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad