Proposal: Big trade between Calgary-St. Louis

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
2019 1st, conditional 2020 1st (If Schenn re-signs and we make the playoffs in next season, otherwise becomes 2020 2nd), Oliver Kylington, Sam Bennett, Mike Smith, and Michael Frolik for Brayden Schenn, Jake Allen, and Dominik Bokk.

Calgary reasoning:
We could really use another dynamic 2C, which gives us excellent center depth. Jake Allen as much as he's struggled, I believe he'd do better in a more high paced system like Peters, and he's a better option than Smith currently and going forward. He and Rittich gives the Flames a 1A/1B situation. Dominik Bokk I'm still high on and I think he has the potential to be our 2nd line RWer in the future very soon.

St. Louis reasoning:
I think St. Louis just needs a solid retool. Well Bokk is a great prospect, they have Thomas and Kyrou in their system, Bennett plays a fast and gritty game for them. Kylington gives them more depth for their LHD. Smith is just a backup for this season. Michael Frolik's contract ends next season and he's still an excellent defensive winger.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Nah. Keep Bokk and hold onto Schenn until it's clear he doesn't want to extend and then just move him on his own.

Reactions: 67Blues

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
I'd definitely do something like this for Schenn/Allen, but I'd wait till the draft. The team is looking pretty good right now and I wouldn't want to rock the boat with a big deal like this. Would be tough to swallow doing this deal though. I'd be perfectly okay with holding onto our picks and Kylington/Bennett.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Lose another 2 first rounders? Even if the value is fair, Schenn is 27. If the Flames are trading 2 firsts, it should be for players 22 and under to go with our current core (Johnny at 25 being the "old guy") and closer to Tkachuk's age.

The Flames also shouldn't be trading Kylington and Bennett as well.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Nope, can’t keep trading futures like that and expect to be competitive in 5 years.

I know Schenn helps right now, but surely we can find someone cheaper.

Reactions: Flames Fanatic

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Even though the value seems fine, I think the Blues should pass. Dealing Bokk makes no sense in a re-tool, and Frolik/Bennett seem redundant for them.

Reactions: MB11

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Daigle is considered a bust with over 600 games, don't be so sensitive. At least he's not as bad as Yakupov.

I’m not sensitive. You just have no idea what you’re talking about. Ask most Flames fans that actually watch the games unlike you.

Anyways, enjoy your bust of a team and the rebuild.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad