GDT: BIG SHOWDOWN AT THE PNC: ARI @ CAR 7 PM

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Imagine if you will a team desperate for a shot in the arm. The time, right before the trade deadline; the place, a hockey arena in Raleigh. Little did anyone but a bunch of weirdos on the internet know that right under their noses was the player that could have turned around their entire season- had one man the depth of awareness to summon him. He was the leading goal scorer in his league, and perhaps could have been the push a feeble and intimidated group needed- the only timeline where that is possible is here... in the twilight zone

sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Imagine if you will a team desperate for a shot in the arm. The time, right before the trade deadline; the place, a hockey arena in Raleigh. Little did anyone but a bunch of weirdos on the internet know that right under their noses was the player that could have turned around their entire season- had one man the depth of awareness to summon him. He was the leading goal scorer in his league, and perhaps could have been the push a feeble and intimidated group needed- the only timeline where that is possible is here... in the twilight zone

You so cra cra

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
The Stempniak-Ryan-Nordstrom line were a combined -9 in like 8 minutes of ice time.

Doobie doobie dooo

They actually only had a little less than seven minutes of ice time at even strength. On the upside, they only had seven minutes of ice time at even strength. It's actually amazing the effect *one* more offensive player has on our lineup. The lines just seem to click into place. Skinner gets to play with an NHL center and we look completely different.

I'm completely convinced that if we had made a move away from Darling and Rask in January, we'd be making plans for the playoffs right now. I'll never forgive RF for wasting this season for absolutely no reason. This should have been a big step forward for our franchise and instead, it's an embarrassment.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
It was Arizona, and the game was a terribly sloppy one, probably the sloppiest one I've seen all season. I'm glad Skinner scored a couple, but he was the same Skinner (flying the zone, terrible along the wall on the breakout, losing the puck, etc..), just that against the worst team in the NHL, he was able to cash in (as was PDG who almost doubled his point total). Hard for me to get carried away about "what could have been" based on winning a very sloppy game against a back-up goalie for one of the worst teams in the NHL.

The Aho/TT/Zykov line looked good. Aho is so dangerous every time he's out there. Zykov did what he's supposed to do. Hopefully we see him do that for more games.

Last edited:

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
They actually only had a little less than seven minutes of ice time at even strength. On the upside, they only had seven minutes of ice time at even strength. It's actually amazing the effect *one* more offensive player has on our lineup. The lines just seem to click into place. Skinner gets to play with an NHL center and we look completely different.

I'm completely convinced that if we had made a move away from Darling and Rask in January, we'd be making plans for the playoffs right now. I'll never forgive RF for wasting this season for absolutely no reason. This should have been a big step forward for our franchise and instead, it's an embarrassment.

I can’t even think of a word to describe how I feel about this season. We had two of the top ten AHL goal scorers down on the farm. And those two guys have a combined two games played in the nhl.

Looking at the other guys on that list it looks like a bunch of tweeners/AAAA guys (including Chris Terry) in their mid-late 20s.

Given our lack of finish on the nhl level there’s no excuse for that. In 139 combined games PDG, Nordy, and stempniak have 20 total points. And while that’s hilariously terrible, it gets even worse when you realize we’ve got some decent goal scorers just wasting away in the AHL.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
BTW, maybe it was mentioned in the GDT as I didn't read it all, but I've never seen an opposing team do what the Yotes did tonight. In order to dry their gloves, rather than have players exchange them at the door by 123 where the entrance to their locker room is, they had an equipment guy with a grocery shopping cart that was running across the ice with gloves at every time out. I guess it's more efficient that way, but was bizarre.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
BTW, maybe it was mentioned in the GDT as I didn't read it all, but I've never seen an opposing team do what the Yotes did tonight. In order to dry their gloves, rather than have players exchange them at the door by 123 where the entrance to their locker room is, they had an equipment guy with a grocery shopping cart that was running across the ice with gloves at every time out. I guess it's more efficient that way, but was bizarre.

It was mentioned, but in terms of bizarre things tonight, I'm not sure it even registered.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00