Post-Game Talk: Big money boiz bounce back (4-2 over the Wild)

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
You say that now, but what are you going to do when he comes back with a year of training in extreme gravity? Where will you hide?
Marincin is a roach. He survives when he should just scurry away. If he comes back radioactive then I'd be worried.

Reactions: geo25

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
I know, this really pisses me off... the Leafs seem to get the shaft every single year against our rivals, it's not fair, not only not fair, but we play the Habs on a back to back, not only once, but twice this month, and that is BS!

It would be fair if they were also on back to backs, but they are waiting for us rested, on both occasions.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Luckily for us Minnesota is so bad we could basically show up for one period and win the game fairly comfortably

Wasn't perfect but we did enough so onto the next one
A 20 minute mail it in performance against a bottom feeder that played last night. It's a win but definitely nothing to celebrate.

Reactions: saffronleaf

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
If hutch is starting (think he will) it’s important we get the first goal. Probs won’t happen though since we always get scored on first.

Caps are having goalie issues too at the moment so maybe it evens out.

Reactions: kb

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
A 20 minute mail it in performance against a bottom feeder that played last night. It's a win but definitely nothing to celebrate.

We didn't seem to expend a ton of energy tonight so hopefully the boys have a bit more gas in the tank for the Washington game

That's a tough ask but if we could scrounge a point I'd be pretty bloody happy

Reactions: kb

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Nylander and Laine proves a point. Finns can Sweetdish but Swedes cant Finnish.

Naah... i realy like Nylander , he need some more goals going in to get the flow going.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
It is great that they won but I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about ALWAYS giving up the first goal.

Hopefully our special teams continue to show up like they did tonight

Reactions: saffronleaf

Rogue Leader

Oct 12, 2019
Corellia
Can somebody explain to me how Marner, Tavares and Matthews managed to be on the ice at the same time during Matthews goal (4th goal), since it was not a PP and Babcock doesn't play them together. I think that it was amazing and it should be used more often, especially when we are behind.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I like to watch the other feed from time to time, especially when/if I watch the games a second time. You get a different perspective, and often commentators that aren't caught up in narratives. But there are certainly games like this too. Some commentators are dreadful like this though. I generally change back to the Leafs feed when that happens.

I love all the MSG broadcasts for the most part, especially the Rangers. Very professional and well done.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Babcock please play Gravel tomorrow against the Caps.

They're an extremely heavy and physical team.
What exactly do you expect him to do to make an impact in the minutes he'll play?

It's amazing that people still think one 6th defensemen or 4th line winger will deter a whole team from hitting us lol

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yes, impressive. Check it out.

View attachment 264981

View attachment 264983

Matthews, Nylander, Mango have been great based on those metrics. Nice to have elite talent that can play at 5v5.

matches the eye test. they're almost always generating chances out there. willy and AM34 are to be expected. nice to see AJ not looking out of place. he messes up passes once in a while but his tenacity has been good.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
2 more back to backs this month after this one. get Hutch's games in now because Babcock is going to ride Freddy into the ground again in March/April.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad