Post-Game Talk: Big money boiz bounce back (4-2 over the Wild)

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
You get the basketball tonight

I’m honoured

BCEA9A74-3290-4895-839A-07057156BF4F.gif

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
It would have been a travesty to lose this game. I mean, look at that Minnesota team ... yikes.

Karma for that tampering move they pulled with Parise.

Anyway, the best possible thing about this game other than the win was that the impossible happened. Babs finally made a line adjustment, one 95% of HFboards TML boards has been screaming for, and whadaya know? It worked like a charm.

He should leave the lineup card to us and just worry about running practices

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Took care of business - we’re the much better team, and it showed.

Glad to see Babs finally make a much needed adjustment. It’s been so clear every game that Kappy has no chemistry with JT/Marner, plus he looked uncomfortable at LW. Swapping him and Moore was an obvious move, and it worked. Most coaches make this adjustment in 1-3 games IMO, but this was still an improvement for Babs. Last year we got the majority of the season with Nylander in the bottom 6, and previously we had MUCH too long stints of Komarov getting major minutes, and Zaitsev on the top pair. So I guess I should just be happy that Babs made an obvious adjustment in less than 20-40 games :)

Last edited:

Ratboy

I made a funny!
Jul 15, 2009
Tavares with a wicked slapper.
Good to see Marner with a goal and two assists. Freddy with a crappy first goal (not even sure how he fell down) but was ok afterwards. The marincin holl pairing is way too slow.

Minnesota sucks really bad so let's use this as a feel good game moving forward.

Go Leafs Go!

Ps next game can we have a GDT? :P

Reactions: saffronleaf

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Kappy is having himself a sophomore slump. He looked more comfortable on the right side again.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Cant tell if you're being sarcastic

Not being sarcastic. I like his game today, and have so throughout this season.

He's the whipping boy on this team. It made sense last year when he played like garbage, but he's given us exactly what we wanted for a bottom-pair D this year.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
- I think Tavares led the way as we took over in that second period. Marner followed that up with some magic. Moore helped that line immediately.
- Matthews was good defensively, but didn't look quite as dynamic as we like to see him. Johnsson was around the puck a lot, but he also killed a few great chances (two flubbed passes and stepped right into Matthews when he could have sprung Nylander). Willy had flashes but no finish.
- Third line was rather mediocre. Kerfoot had a strong first half, less so in the second half. Mikheyev was quiet, and Kapanen was flat out bad again tonight.
- Fourth line looked solid for most of the game, but got to have a minus for falling asleep towards the end there.

- Rielly had the most quiet 4-point game I've seen in a while. Really didn't like him or Ceci defensively. Again.
- Muzzin was really good. Barrie was mostly good, but had a few misjakes.
- Marincin was ok at best, Holl I didn't really like.

- Andersen was good, but whatever happened to his puckhandling?

Kudos to Babcock for finally changing up the Tavares line.
Disagree with Rielly. He looked really good, probably his best game yet. Skating around the o-zone freely like he would a lot yesterday.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Disagree with Rielly. He looked really good, probably his best game yet. Skating around the o-zone freely like he would a lot yesterday.

Rielly was amazing today offensively, but meh defensively.

That's just his playing style though, similar to Brent Burn's playing style.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
I don't know why people on this forum keeps crapping on the goalie.

On the first goal, no one covered the shooter, no one covered the Minnesota guy in Andersen's face screening him.

Yet he always gets the blame.

Watch the damn replay.

:nopity:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad