Post-Game Talk: Big money boiz bounce back (4-2 over the Wild)

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
So I watched the Mild TV broadcast tonight, and wow was their colour commentator shitting all over the Leafs the entire game.

The Leafs have no will to defend, Dumba will get so many points on the powerplay, yadda yadda...even while the Leafs dominated this one.

I give the guy credit, he kept at it and stuck to his guns even after the Leafs shattered the Mild's spirit with that second period barrage, until about 6 minutes left in the 3rd when he gave up and admitted the Leafs played well.

so enjoy your season, whatever your name is. god that team over there is dreadful.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Moore, Marner, and JT had an xGF% of 53.61, compared to 35.88 with Kap on that line tonight. Played about 6 minutes together at 5v5. Hope to see it continue.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Moore, Marner, and JT had an xGF% of 53.61, compared to 35.88 with Kap on that line tonight. Played about 6 minutes together at 5v5. Hope to see it continue.
One version of the top line tonight was like going through the motions.

Another version of the top line tonight was dominant and scoring.

Not sure if they are going to stay together. No one wants to get fired.

:deadhorse

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
meh Andersen??????
Yes for these reasons
He didn’t look as sharp as he could ,
He lost the puck a couple of times under his skates
He gave the puck away a couple of times
And I also think , these are the types of games that good goalies should have shutouts
I know I know it’s not all on him
I get it ...
Just saying

Reactions: Keanu Reeves

Ifittex il Verita

Sep 11, 2019
So I watched the Mild TV broadcast tonight, and wow was their colour commentator ****ting all over the Leafs the entire game.
What a trip that guy was
'the Leafs have offensive talent yes, but they just do not care about defending in their own zone'
'When you play the Leafs you are going to get your chances to put it in the net'
'Again we see the lackadaisical effort from the Leafs in the defensive zone'

Guy was a real c*nt no doubt...

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Key to the game:

Babcock made an in-game adjustment we've all been calling for.
Coach Babcock finally got fed up with Dubas pricey signings and since enough time has elapsed in that experiment, gave Moore a couple of shifts at the end of the period.

Subtly sneaking in a new line combination.

After a couple of shifts, could not go back.

So who knows. Maybe there will be hints towards Babcock to put Kapanen back on the top line.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
So I watched the Mild TV broadcast tonight, and wow was their colour commentator ****ting all over the Leafs the entire game.
I like to watch the other feed from time to time, especially when/if I watch the games a second time. You get a different perspective, and often commentators that aren't caught up in narratives. But there are certainly games like this too. Some commentators are dreadful like this though. I generally change back to the Leafs feed when that happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad