OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I finally got my new car, so that's neat. 2015 Honda Civic Se with 28k miles on it.

I must not drive very far. I've got an old 2002 and it's still only got slightly over 60k kilometers on it.

16 years of driving for an average of just under 4k per year.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I must not drive very far. I've got an old 2002 and it's still only got slightly over 60k kilometers on it.

16 years of driving for an average of just under 4k per year.
That's super low. I literally leave my car in a parking lot 3 or 4 days every other week while I drive a rental, and my car still gets just over 10k a year.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
That's super low. I literally leave my car in a parking lot 3 or 4 days every other week while I drive a rental, and my car still gets just over 10k a year.

I used to have to make a 600 kilometer drive up the highway to and from university, but since I graduated and moved back home, everything I need to do seems to be within a 5 minute drive from my house.

I've filled up my gas tank once in the past two months.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Right between two streetcar (Queen St or Dundas St) Queen St W is very hip, imagine Cole City and a fee decent bars. I used to work at Queen St / Bathurst St. I recommend the Dog's Bollocks bar at 817 Queen Street West

@bathroomSTAAL

Stupid site so slow

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Why would somone voluntarily go to Toronto?

Crap airport and boring city (everything is closed at 1AM). Montreal, Quebec City, Vancouver and all their surroundings >>>>>>>>>>>> Toronto

I can guarantee things are definitely open to 2-3am lol. And you already know I freaking love Montreal. Especially Old Montreal area. I fell in love.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
I mean, being a dedicated fanboy is hard. Dare I try something new? What if it doesn't mesh with my chosen aesthetic? Will that strange man I don't know across the store think less of my nerd stats if I buy this Sophie Kinsella book for my wife, even though I have on my best satirical Serenity shirt I bought from Woot?

Reactions: Brandinho

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
It seems like there's a huge spike in proposals at 2 times for people your age: right after you graduate high school and right after you graduate college. At least that's what my facebook tells me about people who graduated with me :laugh:

I just don't get it, I just don't understand why people want to get engaged so early when they've had so little real life experience. Like come on, you're 22 right now at best. You don't even know what being a real person is yet :laugh:

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
It seems like there's a huge spike in proposals at 2 times for people your age: right after you graduate high school and right after you graduate college. At least that's what my facebook tells me about people who graduated with me :laugh:

I just don't get it, I just don't understand why people want to get engaged so early when they've had so little real life experience. Like come on, you're 22 right now at best. You don't even know what being a real person is yet :laugh:
I met my now wife like 2 weeks in to college. Didn't get engaged until 3 years after graduating. Everyone acted like 7 years was a crazy long time. I always just explained that I pretty much didn't count the college time in deciding to get married because it's not even close to real life.

Reactions: Empoleon8771

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I met my now wife like 2 weeks in to college. Didn't get engaged until 3 years after graduating. Everyone acted like 7 years was a crazy long time. I always just explained that I pretty much didn't count the college time in deciding to get married because it's not even close to real life.

This is completely reasonable and what I expect people should be doing. That's a good way to look at it I think, any dating in high school or college isn't real life dating. Just start your counter over once you go into the real world :laugh:

It's even more strange to see people getting engaged when they're not even financially secure or have their future lined up. Most people I've seen getting engaged from age 18-22 don't have that, I just think it's super difficult to actually be ready for that kind of commitment at that young of an age. You probably don't have your life figured out yet at that point. I probably have my **** planned out more than 99% of the people getting engaged from my high school, and I know I'm nowhere even close to ready for something like that. I'm pretty much a full blown, real life adult at this point too.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
I mean, being a dedicated fanboy is hard. Dare I try something new? What if it doesn't mesh with my chosen aesthetic? Will that strange man I don't know across the store think less of my nerd stats if I buy this Sophie Kinsella book for my wife, even though I have on my best satirical Serenity shirt I bought from Woot?

I can smell the Xtra Cheesy Cheetos whose crust have delicately settled into a symbiotic relationship with your fingernails.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Anyone ever experience vertigo? I was thinking I was lightheaded yesterday because I didn't eat much on Sunday or Monday, but nope, I don't think that's it.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone see the movie 'A Quiet Place'?
Just picked it up and it looks crazy good. Curious if anyone happened to check it out?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Anyone ever experience vertigo? I was thinking I was lightheaded yesterday because I didn't eat much on Sunday or Monday, but nope, I don't think that's it.

I get it all the time. You mean when blood rushes to your head and you feel dizzy?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
The Thundercats remake that they did make a few years back that lasted for 2 seasons was actually very very good, the original one was cheesy as hell, kind of like how He-Man was, nostalgia with a heavy serving of cheese.

But that remake was f***ing awesome and I was really hyped until CN being the epic douche nozzle wankbuckets that they are, cancelled it and started this push towards borderline Pejorative Slured cartoons like Teen Titans GO (a horrible version of Teen Titans), etc.

Steven Universe is actually decent. Same with the other one being slandered, but man, if they dumb down Thundercats in the way TTGo was done, that's a shame.

The animation to the one in 2011-12 was actually pretty damn decent, very good voice actors and a good story too. - Thundercats (TV Series 2011–2012) - IMDb

If anyone hasn't seen it, stream it some how and watch it. It was very good, it should have never been cancelled and the creator basically said Cartoon Network screwed it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad