OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Red Pandas > Shoes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
Anyone ever experience vertigo? I was thinking I was lightheaded yesterday because I didn't eat much on Sunday or Monday, but nope, I don't think that's it.
I've struggled with it badly at times. Starting a couple years ago, I would get spells that lasted about a week once or twice a year.

Then last month I got one that lasted a whole month. Absolutely miserable. Been to the doctor but they said since I could still get around and everything it was a mild case and just wait for it to go away. Apparently just something going haywire in the inner ear. Hope you feel better.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Clare2904 @Ogrezilla

Just finished 'A Quiet Place'
I liked it. Wifey liked it. It had a mystery around it like the movie signs, but without the 'not knowing aspect'. You know they are here in this movie =P

Without ruining it because it's pretty straight forward. It is a really good popcorn flick. Not over-overwhelmingly stupidifed for the typical Hollywood audiences.

I'd recommend it for sure.

The funny thing is halfway through the movie we started getting a pretty good sized thunder storm with lightning lighting up the sky for the last 45 minutes of the movie. Really added to the atmosphere of the movie :)
All in all a damn good night prior to game 7 hockey tomorrow night!

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@Clare2904 @Ogrezilla

Just finished 'A Quiet Place'
I liked it. Wifey liked it. It had a mystery around it like the movie signs, but without the 'not knowing aspect'. You know they are here in this movie =P

Without ruining it because it's pretty straight forward. It is a really good popcorn flick. Not over-overwhelmingly stupidifed for the typical Hollywood audiences.

I'd recommend it for sure.

The funny thing is halfway through the movie we started getting a pretty good sized thunder storm with lightning lighting up the sky for the last 45 minutes of the movie. Really added to the atmosphere of the movie :)
All in all a damn good night prior to game 7 hockey tomorrow night!
Nice. I'll be watching it later tonight (well even later).

Reactions: shoplifter

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Nice. I'll be watching it later tonight (well even later).

It's refreshing in its way. It is not perfect by any stretch, but it is refreshing to see a somewhat original idea movie come out of hollywood that doesn't have anything to do with a damn super hero.

I'd actually watch it again because there is basically only a few spoken words in the movie. Also, I thought it was cool because one of the kids had a Baha hearing amplifier. It's cool because we have one that my daughter uses and she speaks ASL, the same sign language they speak in the movie.

When the movie first came out I remember the reviews saying that AQP could have been a 'Cloverfield' movie universe film. While the Cloverfield universe is by no means incredible - I just like how they have tie in movies with no relation at all. More like anthology style movies.'

OH----
@Honour Over Glory
By chance---Have you ever seen '10 Cloverfield Lane'? It's from 2016.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's refreshing in its way. It is not perfect by any stretch, but it is refreshing to see a somewhat original idea movie come out of hollywood that doesn't have anything to do with a damn super hero.

I'd actually watch it again because there is basically only a few spoken words in the movie. Also, I thought it was cool because one of the kids had a Baha hearing amplifier. It's cool because we have one that my daughter uses and she speaks ASL, the same sign language they speak in the movie.

When the movie first came out I remember the reviews saying that AQP could have been a 'Cloverfield' movie universe film. While the Cloverfield universe is by no means incredible - I just like how they have tie in movies with no relation at all. More like anthology style movies.'

OH----
@Honour Over Glory
By chance---Have you ever seen '10 Cloverfield Lane'? It's from 2016.

I have seen that movie and I liked it, the new one is rather iffy at best, but entertaining in an odd enough kind of way. I look forward to seeing this, heard a ton of great things about it.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I have seen that movie and I liked it, the new one is rather iffy at best, but entertaining in an odd enough kind of way. I look forward to seeing this, heard a ton of great things about it.
Oh ok good. Nothing related between clove lane and a quiet place. Just equally satisfying films.

Hey reference me (whatever this is called, @shoplifter is called) after you watch AQP and let me know what you thought, if you do not mind.

I'm curious.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@shoplifter

Yeah that kid in the first 10mins, good god man, poor kid and yeah totally that sister's fault.

You know, it's weird to see Jim Halpert playing such awesome characters, but I think that really started when he did that war movie where he had to bulk up and finally got some serious attention for his acting chops and that he's not just some dork that could be the side kick in rom-com's. I think he can be a serious Ryan Reynolds type.

I really enjoyed the movie, the acting, pretty damn good. I liked the ending, pretty bad ass, pay back time motherf***ers! I am curious what they will do for part 2 which I think is on the books now. Because it really shouldn't be a part 2, it'll ruin this one.

Although I was basically watching this by myself, my gf can't watch anything remotely scary, she sat with me with her head in the pillow peeking through to see some stuff but all she kept saying was "Babe, I can't...I can't..." then she went and got her stupid phone and was playing this food making game for restaurants or whatever the hell it is, I just know she's obsessed with that infernal game.

The movie itself, the story, a nice take on a horror-science fiction type of movie, I almost don't want there to be a 2nd one because it will drastically take away from the tone this one set with some pay back narrative that humanity has figured it out and now they've fought back and won, done. I don't think this needs that finality. The ending was fine as it was, there should not be a sequel.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@shoplifter

Yeah that kid in the first 10mins, good god man, poor kid and yeah totally that sister's fault.

You know, it's weird to see Jim Halpert playing such awesome characters, but I think that really started when he did that war movie where he had to bulk up and finally got some serious attention for his acting chops and that he's not just some dork that could be the side kick in rom-com's. I think he can be a serious Ryan Reynolds type.

I really enjoyed the movie, the acting, pretty damn good. I liked the ending, pretty bad ass, pay back time mother****ers! I am curious what they will do for part 2 which I think is on the books now. Because it really shouldn't be a part 2, it'll ruin this one.

Although I was basically watching this by myself, my gf can't watch anything remotely scary, she sat with me with her head in the pillow peeking through to see some stuff but all she kept saying was "Babe, I can't...I can't..." then she went and got her stupid phone and was playing this food making game for restaurants or whatever the hell it is, I just know she's obsessed with that infernal game.

The movie itself, the story, a nice take on a horror-science fiction type of movie, I almost don't want there to be a 2nd one because it will drastically take away from the tone this one set with some pay back narrative that humanity has figured it out and now they've fought back and won, done. I don't think this needs that finality. The ending was fine as it was, there should not be a sequel.

Yeah, I thought the same thing.
Are you talking about the Michael Bay movie about the attack on the embassy? That was a great movie, yes absolutely.

Wifey is the same way. She can't stand scary movies, but some reason she saw through this and knew it was about killing and running more than it would be about scares and jump s creams.

I may be a minority, but I ditched my smart cell phone for just an ordinary phone. I'm just so sick and tired of looking like an idiot glued to the screen every second I get the chance to use it. Wifey did the same thing right when the movie started she 'just had to send a FB message as the movie was starting and I gave her a dirty look and she put the celly away, lol. She knows I can't stand spending time together having to 'compete' with a stupid phone for attention.

Also, is there a part 2? I had no idea there was a planned one. Not sure if you are saying they plan to do one not??

Glad you liked it. As did myself and wifey. Great film.
------------
Off topic but, do you like karate / martial arts movies? If so, have you ever seen 'The Raid 1 and The Raid 2'? I have more to say, but first just curious if you seen them or not before I go into it further.

Man, it is so late I had about 30 bad, terrible, spelling mistakes. I'm so damn tired. Talk tomorrow.

----When you sleep tonight, do not make a sound =P
and don't wear any sort of shoes!!----

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@Honour Over Glory

MAN... I can't get spoilers to work. I'm so tired =P
This is a spoiler theory for those who having seen A Quiet Place.

Honour: I put the text color white, so just highlight below this point to see the spoiler theories.

So what do _you_ think they are? I was going with an 'off world' creature that could be considered alien or extra terrestrial. Wifey was saying they could be resembling a spider or reptile of some sort. We were undecided as to their origin, possibly ancient or an invading species. --- So many questions! =]

EDIT:

Oh wow, a quick, search revealed:
Kraczinski and Blunt were both on the Graham Norton show and he said the monsters are extra-terrestrials. ALso, near the end scenes in the basement there was a newspaper clipping that said a meteor struck Earth.
=o

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
@shoplifter yeah it definitely looked like alien in origin so I'm not shocked at their reveal about that. The aliens in the movie were interesting though. If high frequency distracted them, what's the ship they flew in on? Heavily insulated from noise?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
@shoplifter yeah it definitely looked like alien in origin so I'm not shocked at their reveal about that. The aliens in the movie were interesting though. If high frequency distracted them, what's the ship they flew in on? Heavily insulated from noise?
Yeah, it is not perfect by a long shot, but the more I think about it after watching it last night the more I like it.

Supposedly there was a newspaper clipping saying an asteroid or meteor came down (and that was the start?).

My daughter has one of those Baha hearing amplifiers, not the same model as in the movie and she is not deaf, but it is funny because when she gets mad or does not like a sound or noise she too holds on to it and makes it 'squeal' so she doesn't have to hear or listen to what she doesn't like hahah.
I told wifey if these things ever come down and attack us, Florianna will save us all from a quick impaling doom =P

Hey, did you get a 'Signs' vibe to the whole movie?
And also, did you happen to see 'The Raid 1 & 2'???

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
This will brighten everyones day, LOL. Like kids in kidergarden, they have to be told how to behave. HAHAH

NFL owners pass new national anthem policy
So many things I could say to that. I pray for the day when the military, any military, is not worshiped like you Americans do. The world would be such a more beautiful place.

And f*** the NFL, when you have to force someone to do something you are a dictator.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So many things I could say to that. I pray for the day when the military, any military, is not worshiped like you Americans do. The world would be such a more beautiful place.

And **** the NFL, when you have to force someone to do something you are a dictator.
I just find the whole NFL debacle hilarious and highly entertaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->