OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Coffee Talk with Linda Richman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Finally got my Retropie built and ready to go. Pretty basic right now, I need to track down some ROM sets and potentially add an on/off switch. Unplugging and replugging back in every time for startup is painfully awkward.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

bathroomSTAAL

The halcyon days
Mar 15, 2007
Pittsburgh
On weekdays/workdays I wake up like 20 minutes before I leave so no time for breakfast. I do it up on weekends though, eggs, bacon, coffee, pancakes if I'm feeling a little crazy.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I don't eat breakfast until I get to work, but most mornings it's whole grain cereal with as little sugar as I can find with a banana and blueberries with organic unsweetened almond milk. Coffee with a splash of cream.

Alternatively, I'll make steel cut oats similar to Honor.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I don't eat breakfast until I get to work, but most mornings it's whole grain cereal with as little sugar as I can find with a banana and blueberries with organic unsweetened almond milk. Coffee with a splash of cream.

Alternatively, I'll make steel cut oats similar to Honor.

I can’t eat breakfast at home if it’s a work day. I get up, get dressed take care of the dogs and I’m gone.

I have something different everyday basically

Reactions: Shady Machine

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I hate waking up in a rush. I give myself at least 20 minutes to just kind of sit at my desk and putz on the internet.

I can’t do that because of my head injuries I don’t have the patience for that if I know I’m going somewhere.

I can never stick to the same foods either since I lost 90-95% of my smell and taste so I’m all over the place.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I'm signing on for my first own apartment in Squirrel Hill after I've lived with roommates for the last 4 years. I'm going to either love it or end up going crazy :laugh:

I prefer my own place now that I have dogs.

If your friends live close by you’ll be able to get the best of both worlds.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I'm signing on for my first own apartment in Squirrel Hill after I've lived with roommates for the last 4 years. I'm going to either love it or end up going crazy :laugh:

Nice, I’m looking into Shadyside or the North Shore, mostly just depends on the price. I work in the North Shore so being able to walk to work would be cool. I couldn’t do the single apartment thing tho, I would become a recluse if I did that.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I prefer my own place now that I have dogs.

If your friends live close by you’ll be able to get the best of both worlds.

I have had a cat in my current apartment for the last year, my roommate doesn't seem to mind. The only thing that sucks is that most of my friends are graduating with me in April or have already graduated, 90% of them live in the suburbs of New York or northern NJ. I have a couple high school friends who live close, so it's not too bad, but a ton of close friends I have made in college are going back to their hometowns or going off to grad school.

Nice, I’m looking into Shadyside or the North Shore, mostly just depends on the price. I work in the North Shore so being able to walk to work would be cool. I couldn’t do the single apartment thing tho, I would become a recluse if I did that.

I live on the border of Shadyside/Bloomfield currently, I couldn't find anywhere that had parking in Shadyside so that's why I went with Squirrel Hill. There were these nice apartments on Ellsworth that also had balconies, which was really nice because I could use my telescope I spent hundreds of dollars on there, but they didn't have any parking spots available outside of street parking.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I lived by myself for exactly 1 week, just the one week before my wife moved into the first apartment we got. Unless you count one year in college with a single dorm, but it was still a dorm.

Tom Hanks

Nov 10, 2017
I lived by myself for exactly 1 week, just the one week before my wife moved into the first apartment we got. Unless you count one year in college with a single dorm, but it was still a dorm.

I had a great set up in Australia. Had one room mate but he was away for work two weeks out of the month. So it was play hard work hard for 2 weeks and take it easy for the other two.

We lived in Alice Springs which is a pretty good tourist destination for those wanting to explore the outback. We had a lot of couchsurfers. Had a blast.

Reactions: Ogrezilla and KIRK

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Just hoped in the shower as it's cold as ice...wow they are not kidding it's brutal! trying to learn cold water therapy for the benefits, as well as breathing done by Wim Hof. Five minutes clenching my fists, but after a week or so doing this i'll have a better tolerence to the cold. One day maybe go into ice lakes?

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Just hoped in the shower as it's cold as ice...wow they are not kidding it's brutal! trying to learn cold water therapy for the benefits, as well as breathing done by Wim Hof. Five minutes clenching my fists, but after a week or so doing this i'll have a better tolerence to the cold. One day maybe go into ice lakes?

Dude....why??

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Can we talk about the cold weather? I was off work today so i met my buddy to play some indoor tennis. Umm.. the freaking cold is BRUTAL.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Can we talk about the cold weather? I was off work today so i met my buddy to play some indoor tennis. Umm.. the freaking cold is BRUTAL.

It's supposed to be in the 50s next Thursday too and then it's supposed to stick in the upper 40s after. I hate this, I wish it would just be a consistent average of the two :laugh:

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
You guys are pretty selfish only thinking about yourselves and the cold. What about the poor people in Orlando FL who are suffering through 46 degrees!!!

Reactions: Ogrezilla
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad