OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Alf Pogs! Remember Alf? He's Back...in Pog Form!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Oh man that's awful. Not sure what kind of anxiety but I've had that before and it's terrible. Unfortunately the anxiety mainly stemmed from hockey and girls :laugh:

The anxiety I have all stems from the fact that I had a kidney infection back in September that hit me while in an overcrowded mall. Literally thought and felt like I was about to die that afternoon and then came the fever and chills and such that night.

Supposedly the infection is gone now but I still have a few more tests to go for in January. I know I'm probably just paranoid about getting another one as I've had two 14 day courses of antibiotics (one in September for the infection and another one I finished like a week ago) so you'd think I'd be ok. I guess the fact that I'm still having lower back pain and urinary problems and have had to wait for appointments in January (that were supposed to be this past October but got rescheduled) has me at my wits end. Plus the fact that I've seen more hospitals or clinics (both of which I am already scared of) and have had more tests done in the past year then I have in like 20 years don't help.

Thank Christ for Ativan is all I'll say.

Last edited:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Anyone ever pulled up carrots?

You need to go away.

Well.

If you need to learn to use the ignore button, I suggest you pm a mod.

I appreciate the advice.

I have more if you need it.

DtSNI7d.gif

I feel like I missed something

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
The anxiety I have all stems from the fact that I had a kidney infection back in September that hit me while in an overcrowded mall. Literally thought and felt like I was about to die that afternoon and then came the fever and chills and such that night.

Supposedly the infection is gone now but I still have a few more tests to go for in January. I know I'm probably just paranoid about getting another one as I've had two 14 day courses of antibiotics (one in September for the infection and another one I finished like a week ago) so you'd think I'd be ok. I guess the fact that I'm still having lower back pain and urinary problems and have had to wait for appointments in January (that were supposed to be this past October but got rescheduled) has me at my wits end. Plus the fact that I've seen more hospitals or clinics (both of which I am already scared of) and have had more tests done in the past year then I have in like 20 years don't help.

Thank Christ for Ativan is all I'll say.

I developed depression and anxiety due to improper medical care from Kidney stones for 10 weeks, then immediately after healing from that a very close person to me passed away... after I realized how low and isolated I had become I was put on meds, and told to foprce myself to take part in 2 activities I had never tried before. Basically I had to break a few walls lol... I ended up taking a ukelele class, and signing up to play Cricket... completely random things that I am so glad to have done... so much fun, and the people involved are hilarious...

May be something there to help with anxiety... I remember almost throwing up in line waiting to sign up, and almost walking away, but I wanted to try and beat it.

UnrealMachine

Jul 9, 2012
Pittsburgh, USA
Alcohol helps everything, right? I've been getting real down on myself lately.

If you are feeling down, alcohol would be one of the worst things for you. You might feel slightly better for a short period of time while you experience alcohol intoxication, but you will likely feel even worse when you sober up. This can lead to a downward spiral of sorts that can turn someone into an alcoholic. In summary, I have never heard of anyone successfully drinking their problems away. You should consider trying something more constructive: a new activity, therapy, etc. If you would like to talk over PM, shoot me a msg.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
If you are feeling down, alcohol would be one of the worst things for you. You might feel slightly better for a short period of time while you experience alcohol intoxication, but you will likely feel even worse when you sober up. This can lead to a downward spiral of sorts that can turn someone into an alcoholic. In summary, I have never heard of anyone successfully drinking their problems away. You should consider trying something more constructive: a new activity, therapy, etc. If you would like to talk over PM, shoot me a msg.

Hey man, thanks. I was half joking around, so I had one drink and watched a movie. I was more or less going for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUVwR0rw5fk

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I too am already sick of Christmas music. I hate it to begin with but the amount of it this year I've already had to hear has been beyond nauseating.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The classics don't bother me, but hearing the ****** ones non-stop for five weeks is just insufferable...to say nothing of the endless swarm of awful cover versions of already mediocre songs.

For some reason the music industry thinks we need to have every terrible pop singer/group record a dozen Christmas songs every year.

Well, the reason is because the masses buy the albums...Who the hell would desire "A Rascal Flats Christmas"?

I haven't listened to any yet, but I do like some Christmas music, and have a good sized playlist (various soundtracks, along with typical christmas music). Dean Martin pretty much perfected the genre.

I can't believe this song is already over 20 years old, though.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I enjoy Christmas music. You're all a bunch of grinches.

I liked it until I worked retail during the holidays. Then I heard the same 20 songs on loop for 2 months. 3 of them were the same song by different artists. One of them was about hanukkah and one was for kwanzaa. The Kwanzaa was by far the best song of the bunch.

Its been long enough now that I enjoy Christmas music again. My question is, where do people hear so much Christmas music that they get sick of it? Do you just all work at places that play music? Because unless I'm shopping, I don't hear Christmas music.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
My job has ruined any sort of Christmas spirit I may have ever had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad