OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Alf Pogs! Remember Alf? He's Back...in Pog Form!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Zach-Galifainakis-Stare-Tim-and-Eric-Show.gif

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
big you live in koreantown right?

do you have any thoughts or know anything about westwood or santa monica?

also i am guessing you rent a place? i guess LA is not a great place to buy right now.

Yes, and I rent. Buying isn't a viable option for me at this point of time anyway, but if I did it wouldn't be in this neighborhood.

Westwood is where UCLA is, so it's got a lot of the same things you'd find in any college town...but at the same time it's surrounded by the richest neighborhoods in LA (Beverly Hills and Bel Air, namely), so it's a.) extremely safe and b.) ungodly expensive to do anything. I've only been to Santa Monica a couple times...it's got that weird beach vibe of being touristy, yet most of the people there at a given time are from the area so it's not as kitschy as other beach towns I've been to. Just be forewarned that Santa Monica is cutoff from the rest of the city by the 405, which makes it a total ***** to get in or out of on weekdays...and Saturdays...and most of Sunday.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
Yes, and I rent. Buying isn't a viable option for me at this point of time anyway, but if I did it wouldn't be in this neighborhood.

Westwood is where UCLA is, so it's got a lot of the same things you'd find in any college town...but at the same time it's surrounded by the richest neighborhoods in LA (Beverly Hills and Bel Air, namely), so it's a.) extremely safe and b.) ungodly expensive to do anything. I've only been to Santa Monica a couple times...it's got that weird beach vibe of being touristy, yet most of the people there at a given time are from the area so it's not as kitschy as other beach towns I've been to. Just be forewarned that Santa Monica is cutoff from the rest of the city by the 405, which makes it a total ***** to get in or out of on weekdays...and Saturdays...and most of Sunday.

good info, thank you very much.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Right after the game ended the UPS guy finally delivered South Park: The Stick of Truth (I gotta stop pre-ordering games from Amazon, I never see the guy before 7pm).

To be a Fighter or a Jew...hmm...

Last edited:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Right after the game ended the UPS guy finally delivered South Park: The Stick of Destiny (I gotta stop pre-ordering games from Amazon, I never see the guy before 7pm).

To be a Fighter or a Jew...hmm...

Fighter. Jews don't have much benefits other than being stronger as their health goes down. Dialogue may be funnier though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->