TV: Big Brother US - Season 21

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Michie should not have sucked up to Cliff as he walked out the door. It makes Michie look weak and Cliff loves it.

If I was Michie, I would have ignored Cliff's threats. Cliff is going to do what he's going to do and you can't change his mind with reason - if he's bitter, he's bitter.

I would have said, "Cliff, if you're that bitter and angry, do what you want, just don't threaten me again, please", and then I'd walk away and act like it didn't happen.

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Jackson is extremely immature.

It would be hilarious to see him lose to Holly. I can't imagine how mad he would be.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Desperation is the last thing you want to be feeling in Big Brother and that’s exactly what that was.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cliff with a decent pitch to Michie to keep him prior to eviction. Julie should have asked him if he intends on poisoning the jury
Doesn’t seem like he needs to. But I feel like everyone who has been there and talked about it claim they’re not allowed to talk about it except for the clips you see, which are said to be scripted.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
If the juror doesn't reward Michie with the win, they will be seen as bitter, shallow and poor sports - a small consolation to Michie who will be out $450K.

If Michie loses, he will likely be brought back in a future year - they tend to make it up to people who get burned.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Jackson is extremely immature.
??? He seems to handle himself pretty well.

He's a 24 year old kid who has earned the win and the $500K, and he might be burned out of it by people who are hypocrites and poor sports. I think most people would be upset.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
One thing Michie has to change is the sucking up to people...

If you're going to play this game, you have to take the Will Kirby approach - do what you have to do and never apologize.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If the juror doesn't reward Michie with the win, they will be seen as bitter, shallow and poor sports - a small consolation to Michie who will be out $450K.

If Michie loses, he will likely be brought back in a future year - they tend to make it up to people who get burned.

Being great at competitions isn't the sole factor for determining a winner for this game. It's not shallow to recognize that and recognize that Michie has played an exceptionally dirty game.

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
??? He seems to handle himself pretty well.

He's a 24 year old kid who has earned the win and the $500K, and he might be burned out of it by people who are hypocrites and poor sports. I think most people would be upset.

24 is hardly being a kid, but you call him that because...he acts immature

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
24 is hardly being a kid, but you call him that because...he acts immature
No... I call him that because, next to me, 24 is a kid.

Again, I am not a fan of the guy. However, he has earned the win.

Plus, at 24, most people are pretty immature.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Really?

I am NOT a fan of the guy, but I thought he handled himself well.

In terms of his gameplay, he initiated the bullying that happened early on in the game. He quite clearly lied to get Tommy out. You talk about Cliff's hypocrisy but Michie actually did what Cliff only wavered on through Nicole. He's also just not a good person but that on its own doesn't really matter for gameplay.

He has an argument for the win of course but jury management and social skills is an actual factor to take into account as much as the competitions. Any of the final six houseguests can make a solid argument for the win but I don't view saying not Michie is shallow or petty.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
In terms of his gameplay, he initiated the bullying that happened early on in the game. He quite clearly lied to get Tommy out. You talk about Cliff's hypocrisy but Michie actually did what Cliff only wavered on through Nicole. He's also just not a good person but that on its own doesn't really matter for gameplay.
Fair enough. Based on what you've described, you've watched far more of the season than I have so I'll take your word for it.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
but I don't view saying not Michie is shallow or petty.
^^ I don't know what that means.^^

Anyway, I truly don't care if he wins or not - altho, I do like the fact that he prays.

As for the rest...

* Cliff's reasoning (logic) was absurd and I'm glad he didn't win.
* Holly has done nothing - from my limited viewing.
* Nicole seems nice and I could see her winning.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
^^ I don't know what that means.^^

Anyway, I truly don't care if he wins or not - altho, I do like the fact that he prays.

As for the rest...

* Cliff's reasoning (logic) was absurd and I'm glad he didn't win.
* Holly has done nothing - from my limited viewing.
* Nicole seems nice and I could see her winning.

Cliff trusted Michie too much for the situation and made too many deals to try and secure himself. That happens in this game.
Holly won plenty of competitions and has kept herself under the radar while in a showmance which is difficult in this game.
Nicole played a pretty intelligent game overall especially for someone that was bullied early on and won some pretty important competitions and made some solid deals.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Cliff trusted Michie too much for the situation and made too many deals to try and secure himself. That happens in this game.
Holly won plenty of competitions and has kept herself under the radar while in a showmance which is difficult in this game.
Nicole played a pretty intelligent game overall especially for someone that was bullied early on and won some pretty important competitions and made some solid deals.
Cool. :thumbu:

I didn't want Christie to win, and I got my wish, so let the chips fall where they may.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

He has an argument for the win of course but jury management and social skills is an actual factor to take into account as much as the competitions. Any of the final six houseguests can make a solid argument for the win but I don't view saying not Michie is shallow or petty.
I actually hate that someone "being to mean" is as much of a factor as it has turned into in Big Brother. You have a trend of juries being over sensitive babies and they continually get excused for it by people just saying they should have "managed the jury better". Last year Tyler didn't even play a dirty game....he just played a better game then everyone else and they were bitter(Scotty). That is probably the 2nd most egregious jury vote behind Dan in his second season. If Michie doesn't win Big Brother will be going on what like 5 years where the consensus best player doesn't win in the end? That is turning into a trend. I mean in Survivor people are absolutely ruthless with each other and jury's still manage to pick the right winner more often then not.

Michie was literally on the bottom of the house with Holly when the big blow up with Christie and Jack happened, he won an HOH that he had to win and also leveraged that week as HOH into relationships that he was able to use to insulate himself to get off the bottom. He has played a better game then Tyler did last year in my opinion....he is just a less likable person then Tyler, but I don't really care about that. The show as a whole would be far better if they got more contestants like Michie.

Reactions: CPTN71

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I actually hate that someone "being to mean" is as much of a factor as it has turned into in Big Brother. You have a trend of juries being over sensitive babies and they continually get excused for it by people just saying they should have "managed the jury better". Last year Tyler didn't even play a dirty game....he just played a better game then everyone else and they were bitter(Scotty). That is probably the 2nd most egregious jury vote behind Dan in his second season. If Michie doesn't win Big Brother will be going on what like 5 years where the consensus best player doesn't win in the end? That is turning into a trend. I mean in Survivor people are absolutely ruthless with each other and jury's still manage to pick the right winner more often then not.

Michie was literally on the bottom of the house with Holly when the big blow up with Christie and Jack happened, he won an HOH that he had to win and also leveraged that week as HOH into relationships that he was able to use to insulate himself to get off the bottom. He has played a better game then Tyler did last year in my opinion....he is just a less likable person then Tyler, but I don't really care about that. The show as a whole would be far better if they got more contestants like Michie.
Well said.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

If they got more of a particular type then they're losing the experiment that it's supposed to represent. It's supposed to be different types of people including sensitive and bitter people.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad