TV: Big Brother US - Season 21

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
well, almost that time again. New season is just over two weeks away, and CBS is teasing a major announcement for tomorrow.

Main theories seem to be returning cast member vote, a twist vote, or some sort of new way to interact with the show, perhaps an app.

It’s a bit early for a cast reveal, so most think that won’t be it.

Discuss

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
I hope there's no returning players. Used to like the idea and hoped for another All Star season, but it started getting worse and worse over time, and the whole Paul season turned me off the idea of past contestants.

An app would be cool, I guess. I don't usually vote on fan stuff.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I hope there's no returning players. Used to like the idea and hoped for another All Star season, but it started getting worse and worse over time, and the whole Paul season turned me off the idea of past contestants.

An app would be cool, I guess. I don't usually vote on fan stuff.

Like always, my stance is either so full returning casts (all-stars, second chance, hero’s/villains etc) or all newbie casts.

Big Brother doesn’t work well with mixed casts, and they can’t pull them off like Survivor can.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So the announcement was that the cast would be announced next week at 11am with Big Jeff.

Why an announcement for an announcement needed to be hyped, I have no idea lol

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
All I want cast wise is a non-bitter jury who votes based on gameplay and not on how they feel mad being outsmarted by someone else...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
All I want cast wise is a non-bitter jury who votes based on gameplay and not on how they feel mad being outsmarted by someone else...

I’ve been less excited that I usually am for this reason. I feel I have a good approach to analyzing the gameplay to try and figure out what’s going to happen. Which keeps me engaged and in season-long topics like ‘why won’t they try to get rid of Vanessa?’ and ‘why won’t they get rid of Paul?’ while America bangs their head against the wall. But I’m getting tired of getting to the end and seeing the wrong person win, and I didn’t even dislike some of the ones who have. The fact Bayleigh got it over on Tyler was really the kicker, I liked Kaycee but that made me want to throw my tv out the window. Sam did not belong in the house.

What I want to see from someone this year is the person who is smart enough to take what we’ve seen fault Paul and Tyler and apply that to their game.

Is someone’s strategy to win, be nice to everyone and ride coattails while winning comps in the end, or and just make it to the end and take your chances that someone’s end-strategy backfired? That is in essence what Tyler did last year, he was never truly confident that he would win, but he did want to be the best player and he did want to be liked.

What I don’t want is Team A vs. Team B and we just play teams and whoever has the most in the jury wins. However, the trend definitely seems to be that you can’t be that worried about your bases being covered because then everyone just challenges your loyalty and people don’t seem to be interested in having such depth in your game.

As always, DEATH TO SHOWMANCES!

Reactions: CPTN71

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
They have enough couples/pairs to fill a house? Between spouses, siblings, and bromances...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Duos would be my least favourite twist.

I almost don’t want any returnees unless it’s a true all-star, because I think the people production would bring back are just the worst options.

Swaggy, Bayleigh, Faysal, Angela etc

If I had to pick 8 returnees from the past few seasons, they’d be:

1. Tyler (BB20)
2. Haleigh (BB20)
3. Paul (BB19) [I know, but the rest of the cast is awful] Maybe just do Cameron lol
4. Michelle (BB18)
5. John (BB17)
6. Vanessa (BB17)
7. Cody (BB16)
8. Elissa (BB15)

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

I almost don’t want any returnees unless it’s a true all-star, because I think the people production would bring back are just the worst options.

1. Tyler (BB20)
2. Haleigh (BB20)
3. Paul (BB19) [I know, but the rest of the cast is awful] Maybe just do Cameron lol
4. Michelle (BB18)
5. John (BB17)
6. Vanessa (BB17)
7. Cody (BB16)
8. Elissa (BB15)

I'd love to see a true All Star season (which is long overdue), as you mentioned though, I can easily see production just bringing back their personal favorites and whoever had a big fan base.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

1. Tyler (BB20)
2. Haleigh (BB20)
4. Michelle (BB18)
5. John (BB17)
6. Vanessa (BB17)
7. Cody (BB16)
8. Elissa (BB15)

If Paul in the house I am legit not watching. I refuse to. The returnees I would pick are:

1. Kaitlyn BB20
2. Da'vonne BB17/18
3. Devin BB16
4. Britney BB12/14
5. Rachel BB12/13
6. Lawon BB13
7. Rockstar BB20
8. Fessy BB20

I firmly believe if you are bringing returning players you should bring players who played badly but were entertaining as they have less of a chance of ruining a season like other returning players have in the past. Only Britney and Rachel can be considered "good" player on my list and in case of these two they are just so entertaining that they will make it fun and are not the kind of players who will dominate a game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If they brought someone back from last year, it should be Haleigh, I think she would do better being on her own instead of being held back by that dope she was running with. She was also smart enough to vote for Tyler in the end as opposed to the rest of the idiots in her clan.

If it was Bayleigh, I'm pretty sure I'd get up and walk out of the room.

Same with Rachel

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They should just do the season in New York, like half the cast is from there or living there

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
I'm predicting a lot of drama and terrible game play.

Based on answers, you might have 1 or 2 people understand the game. Most of their answers indicate they were able to see seasons 12, 13, 17, 18, 20 in sequester.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm glad it's all new players. I prefer that format.

It should be either all new players or all returning players. Should not mix.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Online rumor regarding houseguests

Online rumors saying that hosueguests know eachother. Showing Christie knows Tommy. And other vague connections between 3 other pairs of HGs

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Online rumors saying that hosueguests know eachother. Showing Christie knows Tommy. And other vague connections between 3 other pairs of HGs
I could see it. Like half the cast is from New York and a bunch more living in LA.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I could see it. Like half the cast is from New York and a bunch more living in LA.

Yeah I can definitely see that. A lot of New York, and California. 2 Tennessee, 2 Illinois, a couple from Texas and New Jersey. Saw a couple matches just reading through the bios too, 2 people had Crossfit in their bios. A lot more people than normal openly admitting they haven't watched the show may point to being add ons to people to applied. As well as a lot more older people than normal makes me think something is up. I'd be surprised if everyone didn't have a pair TBH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad