TV: Big Brother 23

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think if nominations stay the same, Hannah will have the votes to stay. All 5 other Cookout alliance members + Derek X will vote to evict Whitney, unless the Cookout turns on each other this week and Xavier/Kyland/Tiffany choose the "Royal Flush" over that (which I think is a mistake).

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I think if nominations stay the same, Hannah will have the votes to stay. All 5 other Cookout alliance members + Derek X will vote to evict Whitney, unless the Cookout turns on each other this week and Xavier/Kyland/Tiffany choose the "Royal Flush" over that (which I think is a mistake).
I don't think the royal flush Alliance will last. It's too big. I've heard in the dìary room talks with people when they mention the royal flush, they say things like "I guess that's still a thing."
Don't know how serious people are about it.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I stopped watching BB several years ago, and after reading updates about this season, where a group of minorities are purposely targeting people strictly based on skin color, I'm definitely not coming back anytime soon.

Having said that, if you watch BB without getting the live feeds you aren't watching BB. I started watching this show near the end of season 9. I bought the live feeds for season 10 and continued doing so until season 16 I believe. Countless times I've watched a conversation happen live, only to watch it get butchered to hell for the TV edit. So many convo's taken out of context, so much suspense/drama created that doesn't actually exist..etc.

I know it's a TV show and they're trying to entertain people, but I find the truth entertaining, not heavily edited purposely out of context clips.

Reactions: FireDJ

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I stopped watching BB several years ago, and after reading updates about this season, where a group of minorities are purposely targeting people strictly based on skin color, I'm definitely not coming back anytime soon.

Having said that, if you watch BB without getting the live feeds you aren't watching BB. I started watching this show near the end of season 9. I bought the live feeds for season 10 and continued doing so until season 16 I believe. Countless times I've watched a conversation happen live, only to watch it get butchered to hell for the TV edit. So many convo's taken out of context, so much suspense/drama created that doesn't actually exist..etc.

I know it's a TV show and they're trying to entertain people, but I find the truth entertaining, not heavily edited purposely out of context clips.

Ehh regarding the targeting of whites … i see it as a side alliance they formed to keep each other safe. I can’t recall this large of an all-black alliance on the show ever. I do recall many large white ones though. I think your comment is kind of ridiculous I won’t watch it because of it. It’s what they decided to do for the time being

once the team thing is done they will have a lot of power

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Derek X is HOH. Made a deal with Xavier (who was 2nd) to not up him or Alyssa (3rd)

Reactions: Thucydides

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
sarah Beth annoys me. I hope she’s a target soon .

She probably will be with Derek X HOH.

Derek should blow up the Royal Flush. He's clearly the 8th man on the totem pole and he's only gonna be around as long as he's useful to them. Christian should be a backdoor option.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
She probably will be with Derek X HOH.

Derek should blow up the Royal Flush. He's clearly the 8th man on the totem pole and he's only gonna be around as long as he's useful to them. Christian should be a backdoor option.

getting out Christian would be a big move. That’s his competition when it comes to comps.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
He also would become the clear biggest threat if he takes out Christian. I don't think it really helps his game all that much.

agreed. He would be the main target . I was just stating that Christian and him are the best at comps. Better for Derek X to let someone else take the shot.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Britini won the veto. She is on the block with Sarah Beth. The target is Christian.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Derek X is right in his head that taking out someone who will get him later is fine. The problem is that when the house splits to the Cookout, he’s getting rid of someone he’s going to need later. So then that begs the question why is he targeting his own alliance when he should be thinking that’s the real one.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Derek X is right in his head that taking out someone who will get him later is fine. The problem is that when the house splits to the Cookout, he’s getting rid of someone he’s going to need later. So then that begs the question why is he targeting his own alliance when he should be thinking that’s the real one.

Obviously, he doesn't know the Cookout is a thing.

Getting Christian out is good for his game. He can work with Hannah and some of the other floaters loosely. It ultimately comes down to winning comps to get power, and Christian is the only one threatening him in comps.

This is discounting the Cookout, which no one except the Cookout knows about.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Obviously, he doesn't know the Cookout is a thing.

Getting Christian out is good for his game. He can work with Hannah and some of the other floaters loosely. It ultimately comes down to winning comps to get power, and Christian is the only one threatening him in comps.

This is discounting the Cookout, which no one except the Cookout knows about.
I thought it was a great disposition that the Royal Flush was exposed by accident to Hannah, with the 2 people she’s working closest with, given she is in the cookout

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Cookout is not going to last. I know they want it to, but it's not going to. Tiffany/Azah already have their issues, and Azah has already stated she thought their alliance this entire time was "the five + Hannah" and she doesn't trust Hannah.

Hannah trusts Derek X more than any member in The Cookout, and he trusts her more than anyone else in the house. I think he'd be the target if Christian/Alyssa got the HoH next week, so good on him if he's targeting Christian and looking to backdoor him.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I like the move of potentially Derek X targeting Christian, but I wish he would cover his tracks better.
I'm not a fan of SB, but I don't think he shouldn't have nominated someone from the royal flush.
I know it keeps Hannah happy, but you'd hate to take a shot of your own Alliance in the form of SB. He should have nominated someone like Derek F or Azha.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Derek X might be making a big move too early and could come back to bite him. Maybe should have let someone else take the shot . Hope not - I really like Derek X, but he’s definitely going to have to lay low for a couple of weeks after this if his plan works on getting Christian out. Alyssa, Sarah Beth, Xavier are going to be gunning for him.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
From the live feeds it sounded like Christian/Alyssa were basically going to be coming after Derek X regardless. So he pretty much had to take the shot now.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Derek X is really going to need help next week as he won't have many on his side after this week. Although if Christian goes it could leave Alyssa kind of alone. Loved how Hannah found out about the royal flush, she should be blowing up her fellow cookout crew for keeping it from her. That would help Derek X if the cookout thing gets out

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Derek X might be making a big move too early and could come back to bite him. Maybe should have let someone else take the shot . Hope not - I really like Derek X, but he’s definitely going to have to lay low for a couple of weeks after this if his plan works on getting Christian out. Alyssa, Sarah Beth, Xavier are going to be gunning for him.
Christian was almost persuaded last week by Whitney to put Derek X up as the backdoor replacement nom if he took her off the block, and he's stated on the live feeds how it was stupid of him not to do that since he believes he's the target this week.
Derek X is really going to need help next week as he won't have many on his side after this week. Although if Christian goes it could leave Alyssa kind of alone. Loved how Hannah found out about the royal flush, she should be blowing up her fellow cookout crew for keeping it from her. That would help Derek X if the cookout thing gets out
I think Hannah finding out about Royal Flush by Tiff spilling the beans but Derek X sticking around to explain it and telling her "it's finished because I'm taking a shot at them this week" is great for their relationship, because nobody else from The Cookout that's in the Royal Flush (Xavier, Tiff, Kyland) has said the same or can do the same to show her "it's done" and that could serve Derek X well in the following weeks.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

I watched Big Brother from the beginning, stopped at season 17 I think, came back a bit over the last two seasons mainly due to covid. I either had or followed the feeds pretty much every time through season 14. The show was much better about being true to what was actually happening before, but when the EP changed it became much more about production's narrative. I will say that they did start showing some of what's actually happening recently this season, though a few weeks late.

There are things that they didn't or haven't shown that I get, but they've missed some golden opportunities. The full Frenchie experience with his actual motivations was great, the actual state of the Cookout, which I think they don't want to touch with a 10 foot pole given how they pretended that the Royal Flush mattered at all, is interesting, and Tiffany has had a great arc that they've barely hinted at. It's still Big Brother and I mostly enjoy it for what it is. At this point I'll be shocked if one of Xavier, Kyland, or Tiffany doesn't win, which wouldn't be bad, and if the Cookout explodes as it would have already in most seasons it could make for an interesting ride.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This is like real old school shit going on and I’m about it.

At no point has the Cookout, all of which have claimed is the real alliance at one point, gotten together and decided what they want to do in terms of targets or votes. Derek F and Azah figured out something was happening that they didn’t want to happen and decided to blow it up. What a terrible way to try to talk to someone by themselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad