TV: Big Brother 23

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
I didn’t see a thread for this. What’s everyone think of BB23 so far? I like what they did with the teams, as it doesn’t allow the same old narrative to play out - the cool kids aligning against the outcasts.

Frenchie is going to make for good TV provided he lasts .

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm doing a draft this weekend with my wife, my sister, and two of my wife's friends. We each Pick 3 players in a snake draft format and put in $20, and whoever picks the winner of BB gets the pot.
I am thinking Derek X is a good shot. I also like that flight attendant guy. Probably Target the girl with the fro Asha, and the mom Whitney. See how the draft plays out.

For the record they did teams on BB Canada this year. IIRC, they got rid of the teams after week 4.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Frenchie had one of the worst HOH’s I’ve ever seen. guy was just this side of Devin.

and he has been nominated with Britini

But I think the entertainment has been good. The personalities have been good. The no showmances have been good. The team thing looks like it may actually work.

Reactions: Thucydides

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Frenchie might legitimately be one of the worst BB players in history. Holy that was a bad HoH week, and week 1!

This guy is going home 100% next week. The entire house can't stand him, they know he's full of lies. Just the women alone will vote him out lol.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm doing a draft this weekend with my wife, my sister, and two of my wife's friends. We each Pick 3 players in a snake draft format and put in $20, and whoever picks the winner of BB gets the pot.
I am thinking Derek X is a good shot. I also like that flight attendant guy. Probably Target the girl with the fro Asha, and the mom Whitney. See how the draft plays out.

For the record they did teams on BB Canada this year. IIRC, they got rid of the teams after week 4.

draft was tonight. I got Derek X, Azah, and Xavier

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I've never seen it, but I like that the poster who reads and reviews nothing but the works of ancient Greek philosophers and historians created the thread for a reality TV show. Much respect, Thucydides. :thumbu:

Last edited:
Reactions: Thucydides

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
Frenchie might legitimately be one of the worst BB players in history. Holy that was a bad HoH week, and week 1!

This guy is going home 100% next week. The entire house can't stand him, they know he's full of lies. Just the women alone will vote him out lol.
It looked as though he was being quite smart at first and had a real plan, but it's too early to play this hard. He's gone next week.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
I am suprised how dead this thread is, used to be quite active in years past. BB is going downhill.

There may be too many minorities for ORRRRRRRRRR4EVVERRR, it makes him uncomfortable, I think he posted a bunch in the past thread but maybe that was just defending his boy, Mikey.

Anyway, I don't pay much attention to it, it's on in the background as the wife watches it, so just by voice alone I want to punch Sarah Beth in the mouth.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It looked as though he was being quite smart at first and had a real plan, but it's too early to play this hard. He's gone next week.
As soon as the side deals started, I knew he was going to be evicted the very next week. He made a deal with literally every single person in the house in week 1 and tried to create two separate alliances on top of his own team alliance.

Just an incredibly poor player.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
As soon as the side deals started, I knew he was going to be evicted the very next week. He made a deal with literally every single person in the house in week 1 and tried to create two separate alliances on top of his own team alliance.

Just an incredibly poor player.
Nothing like making deals with everyone in the house when your HOH, then realizing you have to nominate and evict someone that you made a deal with.
I hope someone blows him up this week.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I am suprised how dead this thread is, used to be quite active in years past. BB is going downhill.

Well they took the pandemic season off didn't they? Probably lost a lot of buzz there.

I do like that they changed the formula up. The teams add a new wrinkle, and the extra challenge per week removes more potential nominees, making the HOH's job more difficult.

And I agree with everyone. Frenchie probably had the worst Week 1 HOH I've ever seen. One of the worst Week 1's of any player ever really. I don't understand how these "super fans" don't get the optimal strategy is to just lay low early game and build relationships. No big moves.

I think someone from the Cookout will win. They seem smart and at least understand optimal early game strategy.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Well they took the pandemic season off didn't they? Probably lost a lot of buzz there.

I do like that they changed the formula up. The teams add a new wrinkle, and the extra challenge per week removes more potential nominees, making the HOH's job more difficult.

And I agree with everyone. Frenchie probably had the worst Week 1 HOH I've ever seen. One of the worst Week 1's of any player ever really. I don't understand how these "super fans" don't get the optimal strategy is to just lay low early game and build relationships. No big moves.

I think someone from the Cookout will win. They seem smart and at least understand optimal early game strategy.

No, they had a show last year.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada

Big brother Canada started with teams last year , but after about 3 weeks the teams were done, it will probably be the same with this.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I didn’t mind Frenchie the first week, but the guy has turned into a bit of a goof for sure, and think he’ll go home this week. I bet he wishes he played the dice game that would have guaranteed him two weeks of safety now, lol .

Or he should have...just not played like a complete tire fire. It's baffling how all these "super fans" don't get that the optimal early game strategy is just to lay low, don't piss anyone off, and build relationships.

Like, you don't want to be HOH early game. It forces to you to make decisions with blood on your hands. Frenchie played terribly. Nothing to do with a dice game.

Scotianhab

Aug 2, 2005
Nova Scotia
He did play terribly. The team twist and the wildcard events did not help him out though. He promised too many players safety. I can’t see him surviving past this week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad