TV: Big Brother 20, Part 2 - We've got the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
We're just going to have to agree to disagree, because you're diminishing almost every one of Tyler's accomplishments while propping up Kaycee's.

That's because as time went on and the closer it got to the end, Tyler got worse as a player while Kaycee got better. His wins diminished. His influence diminished. His control diminished. Then he topped it off with a huge mistake evicting Brett and it rightfully cost him 500k.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not sure if there was a after party but did Rachel confront Angela like she said she would? Or did she completely forget that she hated her after she was evicted?
Angela apologized to her and they made up. They shared a picture of themselves hugging.
That's because as time went on and the closer it got to the end, Tyler got worse as a player while Kaycee got better. His wins diminished. His influence diminished. His control diminished. Then he topped it off with a huge mistake evicting Brett and it rightfully cost him 500k.
Why you're choosing to judge this game based on second half moves and comps is something I don't understand.

Kaycee won 8 total competitions, Tyler won 7. The difference between them is one person did the dirty work all season long while the other sat behind the person doing the dirty work and profited from it. That's fine if you think a person doing nothing socially should win this game, but you're quite clearly in the minority.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You cannot include the power app as a "comp" win cmon lol... It was voted on by America. He was HoH the week before and got twice as much screen time as anyone else did.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why you're choosing to judge this game based on second half moves and comps is something I don't understand.

Kaycee won 8 total competitions, Tyler won 7. The difference between them is one person did the dirty work all season long while the other sat behind the person doing the dirty work and profited from it. That's fine if you think a person doing nothing socially should win this game, but you're quite clearly in the minority.

I choose to judge this game based on the second half because that's when the jury is formed and how you play then is far more critical to winning than simply surviving the first half or even thriving in the first half. And Tyler only won 6 competitions. A popularity contest in the first few weeks when they focus on only a few individuals is hardly to his credit. And you can hardly say that Kaycee sat behind the person doing the dirty work when she was out there ensuring that the nominations were what the group wanted it to be. And just because I'm in the minority on this opinion doesn't make it wrong. I think people like you are just fooled by the producers' edits to make Tyler look better than what he was. He did some influencing and knew what went on but socially all he did was prey on stupid people a couple times. After that, his social game turned into strategy mistakes that cost him the win.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I choose to judge this game based on the second half because that's when the jury is formed and how you play then is far more critical to winning than simply surviving the first half or even thriving in the first half. And Tyler only won 6 competitions. A popularity contest in the first few weeks when they focus on only a few individuals is hardly to his credit. And you can hardly say that Kaycee sat behind the person doing the dirty work when she was out there ensuring that the nominations were what the group wanted it to be. And just because I'm in the minority on this opinion doesn't make it wrong. I think people like you are just fooled by the producers' edits to make Tyler look better than what he was. He did some influencing and knew what went on but socially all he did was prey on stupid people a couple times. After that, his social game turned into strategy mistakes that cost him the win.
You do realize everyone was able to watch the game on the live feeds right? You are entitled to your opinion but that does not make you right in any way at all.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
Not sure if there was a after party but did Rachel confront Angela like she said she would? Or did she completely forget that she hated her after she was evicted?

Rachel said in the post finale interview that Angela apologized right on stage during the finale and that it was the first thing she said to Rachel when she saw her.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
Tyler was the better strategic player, Kaycee was the better social player. The better social player usually always wins. Just how it is. Same with Survivor.

Tyler made some glaring mistakes, though, and I think he deserved to lose because of them, so I'm not really too salty about this result.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I don't have a problem with Kaycee winning. Strategy is one aspect of playing Big Brother, but so is jury management and I'd say the social aspect is a much bigger and more important aspect than strategy. A player who can be strategic, social and manage the jury at the same time is legendary (Derrick). Tyler played a decent game, but I don't think he played a great game. And I don't think he necessarily deserved to win over Kaycee.

Two of his biggest mistakes from observing at home were: 1. getting too close to Angela. I feel like the jury thought that Angela's moves were also his moves. 2. He and Angela doing too much of the dirty work themselves. A great player doesn't need to win competitions to get things done in the house. They manipulate others in to doing the dirty work for them.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Well maybe not giving KC benefit of the doubt. She didn't get as much blood on her hands because she didn't have to. That being said she was still targeted a few times and got out of it. They both deserved to win IMO. This is not like one of the previous seasons where Dan lost or something else stupid.

I'm not a huge fan with how much power the jury has, it really prevents people from playing a shady/manipulitive game which from a viewing standpoint can be really fun. Tyler also made all those final two deals, we had been saying it would come back on him.

I think the Jury should be a %%% of decision with fans and the final comp. They can figure out the weighting.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I don't have a problem with Kaycee winning. Strategy is one aspect of playing Big Brother, but so is jury management and I'd say the social aspect is a much bigger and more important aspect than strategy. A player who can be strategic, social and manage the jury at the same time is legendary (Derrick). Tyler played a decent game, but I don't think he played a great game. And I don't think he necessarily deserved to win over Kaycee.

Two of his biggest mistakes from observing at home were: 1. getting too close to Angela. I feel like the jury thought that Angela's moves were also his moves. 2. He and Angela doing too much of the dirty work themselves. A great player doesn't need to win competitions to get things done in the house. They manipulate others in to doing the dirty work for them.
I agree with you entirely. I think his fatal flaw was getting into the showmance with Angela. Her heartlessness definitely rubbed off on him for sure. He started getting real snarky. I think if he had just eliminated Brett and said something like "Look, man, we had an alliance and you tried to get me to flip on the alliance before it was necessary. If you were willing to get me to flip on the girls, then I don't see what would stop you from flipping on me. For that reason, I am evicting you." As a game player, I think Brett, and more importantly the Jury, would have respected that explanation a LOT more than the snarky "one step ahead, two steps ahead" bullshit that those two pulled. I really do think that could have been a major swing vote why Tyler could have lost.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
I agree with you entirely. I think his fatal flaw was getting into the showmance with Angela. Her heartlessness definitely rubbed off on him for sure. He started getting real snarky. I think if he had just eliminated Brett and said something like "Look, man, we had an alliance and you tried to get me to flip on the alliance before it was necessary. If you were willing to get me to flip on the girls, then I don't see what would stop you from flipping on me. For that reason, I am evicting you." As a game player, I think Brett, and more importantly the Jury, would have respected that explanation a LOT more than the snarky "one step ahead, two steps ahead" bull**** that those two pulled. I really do think that could have been a major swing vote why Tyler could have lost.

Brett voted for Tyler to win. The snarky comment really had nothing to do with it. All the players that were there to play the game voted for Tyler. All the players that had no idea what they were doing in the game voted for Kaycee. At the end of the day, I think that’s pretty telling.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Yeah, Brett voted for him to win, but I think that the jury saw that in a bad light and I think it could have contributed to affecting at least one vote. I think that was a major turning point where his jury management went to shit.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Yeah, Brett voted for him to win, but I think that the jury saw that in a bad light and I think it could have contributed to affecting at least one vote. I think that was a major turning point where his jury management went to ****.
It didn't really have any affect on the end game though....Sam voted for KC for a reason entirely non game related. Fessy voted for KC because she got him out and Scottie was incredibly bitter for really no good reason. There really isn't anything Tyler could have done differently there.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You do realize everyone was able to watch the game on the live feeds right? You are entitled to your opinion but that does not make you right in any way at all.

Yeah I was one of those everyone and his social game was highly overrated and he didn't end up doing as much as people like to think and he made a critical error at a critical juncture in the game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Bayleigh announced on instagram that she miscarried in the jury house

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think we’re at a point where you can’t play a cut throat game to win Big Brother anymore. These juries full of recruits just don’t get it imo.

cujo1117

Mar 30, 2018
that “ 1 step ahead, 2 step ahead” was so cringy to watch ....for me that killed it for tyler. However, getting the girl+75k and the possibility of going to the amazing race....i guess its not so bad at the end

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
You cannot include the power app as a "comp" win cmon lol... It was voted on by America. He was HoH the week before and got twice as much screen time as anyone else did.
I'm not, I am counting the Veto win that he chose not to take and gave to Angela instead but it's a competition that he won, which would give him 7 total comp wins.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah I was one of those everyone and his social game was highly overrated and he didn't end up doing as much as people like to think and he made a critical error at a critical juncture in the game.
Even if you claim his social game is overrated (which it isn't), he STILL did way more socially and strategically than Kaycee did, while winning one less competition.

It's not even close who the better all around player was in this game. It was Tyler.

Like I said before, I have no issues with Kaycee winning because she at least showed that she's a comp beast. If someone like, say, J.C. would have won it would have been a travesty. Kaycee winning is, to me, the second best option to Tyler winning. But let's not pretend like Tyler didn't run this house all season. He absolutely did.

Bitter juries will be bitter juries, though. We saw it in BB14, and it's been like that for the majority ever since especially the last three seasons.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Even if you claim his social game is overrated (which it isn't), he STILL did way more socially and strategically than Kaycee did, while winning one less competition.

It's not even close who the better all around player was in this game. It was Tyler.

Like I said before, I have no issues with Kaycee winning because she at least showed that she's a comp beast. If someone like, say, J.C. would have won it would have been a travesty. Kaycee winning is, to me, the second best option to Tyler winning. But let's not pretend like Tyler didn't run this house all season. He absolutely did.

Bitter juries will be bitter juries, though. We saw it in BB14, and it's been like that for the majority ever since especially the last three seasons.

Again, he did not win one less competition. He won two less competitions and only two of them in the second half of the competition and had much less control of his own destiny than Kaycee did. And strategically he made crucial errors in the latter stages of the game because he was playing emotionally instead of strategically. Tyler didn't run the house all season. That's nonsense. His alliance did but to pretend like it was all him is complete nonsense. To say he was the best all-around when he didn't finish strong, made critical strategic errors, and did a crap job of jury management is quite silly in my opinion. I can understand people liking Tyler more but that doesn't make him the better player. He wasn't and it showed in the results finishing the season.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Again, he did not win one less competition. He won two less competitions and only two of them in the second half of the competition and had much less control of his own destiny than Kaycee did. And strategically he made crucial errors in the latter stages of the game because he was playing emotionally instead of strategically. Tyler didn't run the house all season. That's nonsense. His alliance did but to pretend like it was all him is complete nonsense. To say he was the best all-around when he didn't finish strong, made critical strategic errors, and did a crap job of jury management is quite silly in my opinion. I can understand people liking Tyler more but that doesn't make him the better player. He wasn't and it showed in the results finishing the season.
1) HoH week 1
2) Veto week 2
3) Veto week 5
4) Veto week 6 (gave to Angela)
5) Veto week 7
6) HoH week 10
7) HoH week 11

That's 7 competition wins.

Also, that last statement makes no sense to me at all. So the result of BB14 show that Ian is the better player than Dan? In BB18 Nicole was a better player than Paul? In BB19 Josh was a better player than Paul? That makes no sense to me. Just because a person gets voted by a jury to win does not make them the better player. Tyler was 100% the better all around player the entire season. The only thing Kaycee has on him is competitions, and it's only one more win.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
1) HoH week 1
2) Veto week 2
3) Veto week 5
4) Veto week 6 (gave to Angela)
5) Veto week 7
6) HoH week 10
7) HoH week 11

That's 7 competition wins.

Also, that last statement makes no sense to me at all. So the result of BB14 show that Ian is the better player than Dan? In BB18 Nicole was a better player than Paul? In BB19 Josh was a better player than Paul? That makes no sense to me. Just because a person gets voted by a jury to win does not make them the better player. Tyler was 100% the better all around player the entire season. The only thing Kaycee has on him is competitions, and it's only one more win.

That's not 7 competition wins because Angela won that PoV. You're only proving that he's been overrated with these humongous reaches to give him credit for things he didn't earn. To pretend like this particular season compares to those other ones is intentionally being misleading because it isn't. Tyler wasn't some mastermind. He was a part of an alliance that ran the show against an alliance that was historically awful. He wasn't the best all-around. Kaycee was for the reasons I listed. She was better socially because she didn't piss people off in jury and she was a better competitor.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So Baleigh did get pregnant inside the house, but had miscarriage in the jury house, per a video they posted on Swaggy’s insta

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
These are my thoughts on the final in general.

1) I hated the way Bayleigh called Angela a "Princess" when referring to her attitude in the house. How hypocritical considering she called herself "Queen Bay" and expected everyone to do what she wanted during her week as HoH.

2) The looks on the faces of Fessy and Bayleigh when Angela told them about the Level 6 alliance summed up how bad the Foutte alliance was to not realize that.

3) I was surprised and happy to see JC vote for Tyler because I didn't think that would happen.

4) Like a lot of you I also think Tyler deserved to win based on his overall play from the start, however I have no problem seeing Kaycee win.

5) Sam's reasoning why she didn't vote for Tyler is crazy.

6) I knew Bayleigh and Rockstar would be bitter and I was surprised to see Scottie vote against Tyler.

7) Giving Swaggy the time so he could propose was complete crap. Last year it was mentioned how Cody and Jessica could not go up to each other until after the vote was known, yet they gave Swaggy that airtime which should have gone to Tyler and Kaycee to explain more why they should win, to someone who was the 2nd person evicted. You just know that went to Swaggy's head thinking how popular he must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad