TV: Big Brother 20, Part 2 - We've got the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
He might not credit but face it, he won that competition.

I literally said they won the Power of Veto Competition.

However, the rules of that competition even state, that whoever holds the veto at the end of the competition, is the winner of the Power of Veto, whether or not they won the actual competition or not.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I don't want to see what they have done and bring back four former houseguests. Either have all new houseguests or just a full all star season.
Since BB18 brought back Da'Vonne, Frank, James and Nicole and BB19 brought back Paul, you can say BB20 was at least an all new cast of houseguests.

Reactions: TNT87

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Since BB18 brought back Da'Vonne, Frank, James and Nicole and BB19 brought back Paul, you can say BB20 was at least an all new cast of houseguests.
If they bring back anyone in BB21 I think it should be Tyler. I could see them choosing to bring back someone annoying like Bayleigh, Kaitlyn. I wonder if Blockstar would even accept if she got invited back. She seemed to have a pretty miserable experience there.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
If they bring back anyone in BB21 I think it should be Tyler. I could see them choosing to bring back someone annoying like Bayleigh, Kaitlyn. I wonder if Blockstar would even accept if she got invited back. She seemed to have a pretty miserable experience there.
They have a lot of options for returnees from this season before they get to bayleigh or blockstar. Tyler, Haleigh, Brett and Angela are probably most likely in that order.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They have a lot of options for returnees from this season before they get to bayleigh or blockstar. Tyler, Haleigh, Brett and Angela are probably most likely in that order.

Yeah, those 4 are the ones I wouldn't mind seeing playing again.

Maybe a Season 20 alliance in the next all-stars similar to the Season 6 alliance?

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I hope they don't bring anyone back. I would prefer either everyone is a returning player, or no one is. Not a quarter of the house, or last season where Paul was the only returning player, and really should have been voted out week 1.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Personally I hope to never see Bayleigh, Swaggy or Rockstar ever again. Although you know Swaggy would say if Bayleigh is coming back to make sure he is included, so we get a similar situation like in BB13 when Jeff/Jordan, Brendon/Rachel and Dick/Danielle returned for that duo twist.

Rhaegar Targaryen

Jun 25, 2016
Personally I hope to never see Bayleigh, Swaggy or Rockstar ever again. Although you know Swaggy would say if Bayleigh is coming back to make sure he is included, so we get a similar situation like in BB13 when Jeff/Jordan, Brendon/Rachel and Dick/Danielle returned for that duo twist.

I wouldn't mind seeing Swaggy again. He was pretty full of himself but he seemed like a gamer. He went pretty quickly, but that's because they got rid of the threat early.

No interest in Bayleigh again, and I hope BB would never even consider Rockstar.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I wouldn't mind seeing Swaggy again. He was pretty full of himself but he seemed like a gamer. He went pretty quickly, but that's because they got rid of the threat early.

No interest in Bayleigh again, and I hope BB would never even consider Rockstar.
Honestly besides the times we saw Swaggy being arrogant with his game play and maybe some of it was due to how the show was edited, I couldn't stand him the two times he didn't get any of the power apps. It's like he expected it to happen and was more shocked when he didn't get his way. Personally after the first time he complained about that I thought he would have been voted to get one of the crap apps.

Last edited:
Reactions: irunthepeg

goggog

Sep 2, 2006
Canada
It's not really one of those things. Either he won the power of veto and the competition or didn't. He didn't. Those are the facts. Alternative fact world I guess.

It absolutely is one of those things. We are talking about COMPETITION wins. He won the COMPETITION, but chose a different prize. That is a fact.
Just mind-numbing reading you argue this...

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
I agree those are the ones I'd LIKE to see return of the ones who deserve it, but I wouldn't put it past CBS to put one of the drama queens back on.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Mhmm.

There were actually rumours that CBS was going to shop the show to other networks. That seems to have subsided given the renewal of Celebrity Big Brother and them opening the casting for Season 21.

There needs to be some sort of change. I personally think it’s time to alter the jury system. I’ve previously suggested a panel of past houseguests, I think it’s the best way. I know someone suggested that you can still form juries out of the current seasons players, but they vote on the following seasons winner. (Rather than it be the 9 houseguests before the runner up and winner, it would be the winner, runner up, and 5-7 previous evicted houseguests)

I almost think the show needs to evolve back to what it used to do, which I know sounds weird. A lot of the seasons from BB14 onward had some sort of theme attached to it.

Since BB14, and the coaches, they haven’t really done anything like that. It was just the people on the show. Fans have been pretty vocal about not liking the casting (well, up to this season) and the show has consistently tried to rely on their casting to tell the story rather than having a planned story/theme to fallback on.

I’d be curious to see how the response would be to them going the survivor route and filming the entire season before airing it. Though that would depend on how much they make from the feeds.

How about the jury is a panel of past winners ? Or runner ups?

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
If there's an All Stars, bring back BB16 Devin, bro. Let him do it for his daughter, bro.

Rockstar vs. Devin... battle of the daughters. :laugh:

Devin would call a house meeting to let everyone know they are all in the same alliance with him.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
how does bringing other people to vote make snese?

just reading this thread people cant even agree on a subject.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Well, to drag this thread up from the grave...

I've started watching Season 5 of Big Brother last week on CBS All-Access. It's definitely an interesting season, with an incredibly dislikable cast. They're mostly all caricatures of people. It's hard to see the photo but here's the cast:

latest

Scott, Will, Marvin, Drew, Mike (Cowboy), Holly, Jase, Adria (w/ Twin Natalie), Mike, Lori, Karen, Jennifer (Nakomis), and Diane.

The season was titled "Project Don't Asssume Anything" (Project DNA)

The season included a twin twist with Adria and her twin Natalie, as well as a twist in which two of the housemates were siblings but grew up estranged and had never known each other prior to entering the BB house.

It's amazing to see how much more of the social experiment types of things they used to do back then. I can't imagine them ever getting away with adding the sibling twist in today's game. The food competitions are pretty awesome and I wish they were still a thing.

Also, it's fun to see the differences in the way people interacted (a lot of using words that would never be used on TV 'Homophobic Slur, gay, Pejorative Slur' etc.) and the fashion is just hilarious. Typical popped collars, spiked hair, and Julie's outfits just reflect that early 2000s style.

I'm through the 3rd eviction now and it was a cool season back then.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
What/when is the next season? Is it another short celeb one for Winter?

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The season is way to long IMO. I'm sure they make more money this way, but personally I stopped watching the last 3 weeks or so for at least 5 years now. I still follow whats happening, but it becomes a chore to watch the episodes. I think they also have to switch the format up somehow. Have a double eviction super early in the season. Everyone knows the format of the show now and nothing is really a surprise anymore.

Yeah this season was probably the first in a while that I was happy with the casting and gameplay but yet by August I couldn't keep up with the show and stopped watching. They should definitely shorten it to the last week of June-Late August/Early September.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
Well, to drag this thread up from the grave...

I've started watching Season 5 of Big Brother last week on CBS All-Access. It's definitely an interesting season, with an incredibly dislikable cast. They're mostly all caricatures of people. It's hard to see the photo but here's the cast:

latest

Scott, Will, Marvin, Drew, Mike (Cowboy), Holly, Jase, Adria (w/ Twin Natalie), Mike, Lori, Karen, Jennifer (Nakomis), and Diane.

The season was titled "Project Don't Asssume Anything" (Project DNA)

The season included a twin twist with Adria and her twin Natalie, as well as a twist in which two of the housemates were siblings but grew up estranged and had never known each other prior to entering the BB house.

It's amazing to see how much more of the social experiment types of things they used to do back then. I can't imagine them ever getting away with adding the sibling twist in today's game. The food competitions are pretty awesome and I wish they were still a thing.

Also, it's fun to see the differences in the way people interacted (a lot of using words that would never be used on TV '***, gay, ******' etc.) and the fashion is just hilarious. Typical popped collars, spiked hair, and Julie's outfits just reflect that early 2000s style.

I'm through the 3rd eviction now and it was a cool season back then.

I liked the food comps as well.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Yeah this season was probably the first in a while that I was happy with the casting and gameplay but yet by August I couldn't keep up with the show and stopped watching. They should definitely shorten it to the last week of June-Late August/Early September.
I would definitely agree, they need to shorten it a bit. The season tends to drag, especially (this season), once Level 6 started decimating everyone else, we all saw the writing on the wall and it was kind of dragging while we waited for it to play out.

I liked the food comps as well.
I understand why they removed them, but I wish that they wouldn't have. They're intense, and really change the dynamic of the game quite a lot.

Rodgerwilco

Feb 6, 2014
Also, forgot to mention that Scott went to my High School, and even watching it 15 years after Season 5 aired I knew that asshole was lying about playing pro football, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad