TV: Big Brother 20, Part 2 - We've got the numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Sam had no business being in the game to begin with. Even as a recruit she supposedly was parading the fact around the house that she didn't watch a single season of the show even though producers told her to while she was in sequester or something? She had no business being in the game.

IMO, Tyler should have won, but there were some pitfalls in his game that led to this. He should have listened to Brett.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sam on BB's facebook page saying that she voted for Kaycee solely because she came from a harsher upbringing than Tyler, and would've voted JC to win for the same reason if he had made final two against Tyler. They really need to do a better job of vetting these houseguests.

It’s easy to forget that Big Brother is a show of a game.

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
It’s easy to forget that Big Brother is a show of a game.

I feel like the producers should want players like Tyler to win and should tweak the game to reflect that. Basically, you want to celebrate Tyler's gameplay and you just can't do that if he comes in 2nd.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I feel like the producers should want players like Tyler to win and should tweak the game to reflect that. Basically, you want to celebrate Tyler's gameplay and you just can't do that if he comes in 2nd.
Or you get next season when he comes back to try and avenge the win he should’ve had.

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
I was on a plane and was only able to watch up until JC being interviewed by Julie but I’ve read what happened after. Disappointing Tyler didn’t win but Kaycee is the one other who deserved it solely on winning competitions. And honestly, Tyler pretty much won given his relationship with Angela and friendship with Kaycee. I don’t have a good memory on things like when Derrick and Cody made final 2 but the hug once JC was voted out was the most genuine moment I can remember in BB.

Re: the vote - the fact that it came down to Bayleigh is sad. That jury discussion was dumb. From saying Tyler didn’t deserve it to them saying he’s played the best game after Rockstar said JC has played the best game (HAHAHAHAHA) to then voting for Kaycee to win in the end. And unfortunately, you just know that her and Swaggy will be back for at least an episode next year.

And Sam’s comment after about the upbringing being the reason proves they need to stop finding random people. I’d honestly be interested in seeing a season where they only cast superfans. Make that be the twist of the season.

Reactions: irunthepeg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It didn’t come down to Bayleigh, just how they presented it. That won’t help her ego, for which she definitely needs therapy for, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone in the house more detached from reality.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
why did they even allow that proposal to happen, it made Julie rush through what should have been a tense vote. Last year Jess and Cody couldn't even hug until after the vote was revealed. One of the dumbest things I've seen on Big Brother. The dude lived in the house with her for 3 weeks.

also, cutting off Tyler and Kaycee's speeches and answers but not cutting off the proposal. That whole thing was a mess.

Last edited:

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Agreed, didn't like the proposal on the show. I am always very interested in the houseguests who went home, and what they thought of people's game play. They also usually reveal something more shocking to jury members.

Reactions: Soli

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lots of thoughts on that finale...

- Tyler is the true winner. Give Kaycee her props winning 5 Veto's, 2 HoH's, and 1 Hacker comp but she didn't do anything socially. She let Tyler, Angela, and Brett do all the work socially. She wasn't a floater in the sense that she was a competition nightmare, but she had a lot of flaws in her game. Especially when confronted (like when Scottie called her a liar in the HoH room) she didn't know how to respond. Props to her for laying low, but I feel like if more people would have come at her she wouldn't have known what to do and painted a big target on her back.

- The answers given by Tyler were FAR better than the answers given by Kaycee. Even the final arguments, Tyler spoke about game moves and what he did - Kaycee forgot what she wanted to say. How do you reward that?

- It's sad that the jury looks at Kaycee as the comp beast. She won 8 total competitions; Tyler won 6: 3 HoH's and 3 Veto's, not to mention he also won a Power App. But due to his social game, I feel like jury lost sight of what he accomplished physically in comparison to Kaycee. A lot of recency bias, too, since Kaycee did all of her winning in the second half of the season.

- Speaking of jury... good god. Sam shouldn't have been allowed to vote. Give that vote to Julie for all I care, Sam had no idea what she was doing. Scottie was extremely bitter and outright acknowledged that. As soon as I saw that in the jury segment, I knew Kaycee had his vote secured. What a little dweeb. Fessy's vote surprised me a lot since I felt like he'd vote whichever way Haleigh voted. Bayleigh's vote also surprised me since the jury segment made it seem like she was pro-Tyler even though she doesn't like him on a personal level.

- Also speaking of Bayleigh... barf. Without a doubt one of the most entitled, disgusting people I have ever seen on television. How she reacted to Tyler apologizing to her as if that was her right, or he owed her anything, made me cringe. Also the fact that her and Swaggy got a segment for their proposal and that is what cut the answers of Tyler/Kaycee short is an awful decision by CBS. But hey, she got the babysitter.

All in all, a fantastic season but once again, just like BB18 and BB19, the wrong person won in the end. CBS seriously needs to consider not allowing houseguests to vote anymore, because it's becoming way too emotional.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
One more thing re: Sam. This is how delusional and out of touch she is. Here is her first quote:

"It was not influenced by Tyler’s actions towards the end of the game. It was because I played a personal game, and I knew a lot about people that they may not have shared with everyone. I was kind of a sounding board, and I knew that Kaycee was coming from a very real place. I had a very clear picture of her family. I made up my mind a long time ago — if I was a millionaire and it was my money, Kaycee and Tyler were the two I would give my money to"

Here is her second quote (on a J.C vs Tyler vote):

“I considered it, and I would have probably voted for JC — not because of Tyler’s actions, but because JC represented so many different communities. He’s very smart and he had all this social stuff that nobody knew about.”

She LITERALLY contradicts her own words within seconds in two different questions. The woman is nuts. And to think this person had a vote for someone winning 500k.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sam was playing Big Brother 1. The social experiment. She was there to live in the house. Supposedly Fessy flipped his vote too.

why did they even allow that proposal to happen, it made Julie rush through what should have been a tense vote. Last year Jess and Cody couldn't even hug until after the vote was revealed. One of the dumbest things I've seen on Big Brother. The dude lived in the house with her for 3 weeks.

also, cutting off Tyler and Kaycee's speeches and answers but not cutting off the proposal. That whole thing was a mess.

The proposal was clearly given that space. The finale is rehearsed. Maybe that wasn’t rehearsed but it was there because they wanted it to be.

Remember, this is a show with a game. It’s like how Raw is a show with wrestling matches. It only matters that you’re watching the show, not who the winners are. In a week from now it will mean nothing. In a couple years, maybe you’ll remember who won the game (you’re more likely to remember other details like specifically who the star of the show was). In 50,000 years the sun will burn out, existence on this planet will cease to be and unless humanity moves on elsewhere, and everything will have never mattered.

That’s why they can justify getting 45 seconds to do a speech about a 3 month game. I think Dick said in his season they got 2 hours to talk to the jury - which a shortened version was shown on the Sunday before the finale. Dan said his wife pointed out that as a difference between him winning and losing. The winner isn’t really actually important.

goggog

Sep 2, 2006
Canada
Wanted Tyler to win, but I'm ok with KC.

Such a joke that the finalist each had about 2 minutes total to speak to the jury though. The fact that any time was given to the Swaggy C garbage is infuriating. Total slap in the face to both the finalist, especially Tyler who really could have used more time to explain everything he did.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
I, along with what seems to be most in this thread, agree that Tyler should have won. That said, Kaycee is not a bad option. I don't think it's as bad as Josh winning because of the bitter jury. Kaycee did enough where realistically she has a claim to why she deserved it. That said, I agree, she had little to no social game, it seemed. Carried by the alliance in that regard. But comps are something and she's not a bad winner.

I think that's one thing to remember about the whole jury thing. Whether they were recruited or actual fans, you have to know how to manage them. Them voting however they want is up to them. Until rules are changed, that's how it is. The more I think about it, the more I am okay with Tyler losing. He played a really great game, but I don't think he can blame anyone but himself.

I figured Scottie would have still voted for him as a sign of respect but he didn't read Scottie well enough. Same with Sam. And I completely agree about Sam being a BB1 contestant. Tyler should have recognized that.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jury management is a rationalization tool. Nothing either one of the finalists can do when you have jurors who predetermine how they’re going to vote and turn the voting process into ‘Revenge of the Jury’ because they can’t take responsibility for their own actions that got them beat. I think the only truly bitter juror was Scottie who is mad he got played even though he flipped on Swaggy once he made his entire game about who voted out Steve in Week 1. Sam and Rockstar knew who they were voting for to win even before they left their own house much less the big brother house.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think it is definitely time for an All Star season. Especially on the back of a season where they could easily get 4 or 5 good returnees(Tyler,Angela,Brett,Haleigh just off the top of my head). I think Derek could be convinced of it if they pushed hard enough too.

Derrick said about a week ago on a podcast/youtube video with Dan, that he has a contract with Discovery so he can't really go in. He said if Discovery were to let him go in, and filming was scheduled around it, he would, but only in a true all-stars edition, where he's facing the best of the best like Dan and Will

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Big Brother 14 is my favorite 'recent' season, but I kinda hate it because it was the start of all this 'jury management' and death of the cut throat player.

They almost need an all-star season with more older season players just to try and get rid of this bitter jury/jury management string we are in.

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
I had a feeling KC would win and she's a worthy winner. But after hearing the pitches Tyler should have won. Granted they weren't able to talk and rushed. But all KC had was comps and relationships. Tyler won comps too and made bigger moves. He should have really pointed that out. I knew Sam or Brett would hold a grudge and cost Tyler.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
They both did good enough to win but the main difference between the two was managing the house. Tyler did so much more of this during the game and I don't believe he did a great job of communicating that during his speech. He spent too much time trying to smooth over people he thought were pissed at him. He should have said I was the main person in L6 managing the house vs his social game. No one denies KC was a beast but as far as the cuts go Tyler did so much more. I don't have an issue with either winner. It was a great season IMO.

Tyler also got 75k and Angela... I think he's doing very well. I'm sure he will get some offers in the business.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They both did good enough to win but the main difference between the two was managing the house. Tyler did so much more of this during the game and I don't believe he did a great job of communicating that during his speech. He spent too much time trying to smooth over people he thought were pissed at him. He should have said I was the main person in L6 managing the house vs his social game. No one denies KC was a beast but as far as the cuts go Tyler did so much more. I don't have an issue with either winner. It was a great season IMO.

Tyler also got 75k and Angela... I think he's doing very well. I'm sure he will get some offers in the business.

It’s hard to convince the house of that when you’re only given 45 seconds to explain yourself and then the jury gets 10 seconds to decide they’re not pissed off before having to vote.

A good assignment is to go back and watch Will’s speech where he turned it all back on the jury, made them all upset, and then got handed a check.

Tyler and Angela I’m pretty confident will go to the Amazing Race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad