Better season 18-19? Crosby or Ovechkin?

???

• Total voters

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Obviously Crosby, who was phenomenal both offensively and defensively and took Pittsburgh on his back.

Ovechkin had a fine season nothing more (relatively speaking).

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Um, there's this thing called goals against...
giphy.gif

Generally you have to score more goals than your opponent to win. No matter what, it's still just scoring goals to win at the end. You know, when the obvious is too obvious...

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
giphy.gif

Generally you have to score more goals than your opponent to win. No matter what, it's still just scoring goals to win at the end. You know, when the obvious is too obvious...

Literally what I'm thinking reading your posts. Scoring goals alone doesn't win games. This should be obvious

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
The only reason Ovechkin has more harts is because Crosby got hit in the jaw

56 points in 36 vs 56 in 48. The extra hart is the LAST thing Ovechkin fans should use lmfao
Ah yes, Crosby fans and their famous "on pace" or "what if", Ovechkin won (deservely too) it because he was healthy during all the season no matter what. He can't control what happens to his opponents. He should have won in 2010 but he lost the Hart to Henrik Sedin (and the Rocket too) because he missed games because of injuries/suspension except we won't cry on it like you (Pens fans) do with Crosby. :laugh:

Last edited:

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Ah yes, Crosby fans and their famous "on pace" or "what if", Ovechkin won (deservely too) it because he was healthy during all the season no matter what. He can't control what happens to his opponents. He should have won in 2010 but he lost the Hart to Henrik Sedin (and the Rocket too) because he missed games because of injuries/suspension except we won't cry on it like you (Pens fans) did with Crosby. :laugh:
Ah you guys have the memory of goldfish. Crosby was easily the best player in the world in 2013 and won the lindsay. But keep thinking a guy who literally stands still waiting for a pass is better than one of the best all around players in the world who still finishes top 5 in scoring.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
Ah you guys have the memory of goldfish. Crosby was easily the best player in the world in 2013 and won the lindsay. But keep thinking a guy who literally stands still waiting for a pass is better than one of the best all around players in the world who still finishes top 5 in scoring.
Ah you guys don't know what the Hart is, Pittsburgh is not Montreal the mecca of hockey then your lack of history is not surprising... Crosby deserved the Lindsay for sure, he was clearly the best player this year except the Hart is for the most valuable player to his team, not the best player and as good Crosby was this year, hard to be the most valuable player to his team when you are off ice.

Reactions: Voight

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Ah you guys don't know what the Hart is, Pittsburgh is not Montreal the mecca of hockey then your lack of history is not surprising... Crosby deserved the Lindsay for sure, he was clearly the best player this year except the Hart is for the most valuable player to his team, not the best player and as good Crosby was this year, hard to be the most valuable player to his team when you are off ice.
Yeah and yet Ovechkin fans try to use it against Crosby lol. I remember distinctly capitals fans crying that the hart was not for the best player and changing tune as soon as Ovechkin beat Crosby.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
Yeah and yet Ovechkin fans try to use it against Crosby lol. I remember distinctly capitals fans crying that the hart was not for the best player and changing tune as soon as Ovechkin beat Crosby.
Indeed, I remember to see some Ovie fans crying about it too but you both (Ovie and Crosby fans) are not better than each other about that.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
After this season Crosby will have the better hart record. Regardless if ovy has an extra hart
And no one will care in 10 years, no one. All anyone will ever see is 3 to 2 when counting MVP's unless that number changes.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
giphy.gif

Exactly, it's like these people are literally showing how stupid they are for nothing else but to try and discredit Ovechkin's contribution to winning hockey games. Goals are the purpose of the game, it's how you win hockey games, you can't even argue this.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
Literally what I'm thinking reading your posts. Scoring goals alone doesn't win games. This should be obvious
Scoring more goals than your opponent LITERALLY is what wins you games. I can't believe that I've had to write that statement 3 times in this thread.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
People who actually study the game will care. Unless you wanna say Bobby Clarke was better than Crosby because he has 3 harts?
I've never seen anyone on this board bring up runner ups/placings for MVP's for players in the past in any discussion other than current players. No one cares, you either won or you didn't, No one cares who was a finalist for the Conn Smythe, you won it or you didn't.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I've never seen anyone on this board bring up runner ups/placings for MVP's for players in the past in any discussion other than current players. No one cares, you either won or you didn't, No one cares who was a finalist for the Conn Smythe, you won it or you didn't.
Hart noms are a big deal lol. If you actually compare to players hart finishes are used quite often.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
Hart noms are a big deal lol. If you actually compare to players hart finishes are used quite often.
If nominations only were as valuable as winning the award then Raymond Bourque would be the greatest defenseman of all time instead of second best except he is not.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
If nominations only were as valuable as winning the award then Raymond Bourque would be the greatest defenseman of all time instead of second best except he is not.
Thats because Bobby Orr is on a level with Gretzky. Ovechkin is nowhere near THAT caliber of player in comparison to Crosby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad