Better season 18-19? Crosby or Ovechkin?

???

• Total voters

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Is bourque not seen usually as the second best d man ever? His 18 top 4 finishes in norris are a huge reason.
Bourque has a record of 6 time Norris runner up (shares it with Park) and has still won 5 Norris and additionally he finished Top 4 a blistering 14 times without winning. He could have 11 Norris trophies at this point but at the end, history remembers the winners and not the runner ups.

Reactions: Voight

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Bourque has a record of 6 time Norris runner up (shares it with Park) and has still won 5 Norris and additionally he finished Top 4 a blistering 14 times without winning. He could have 11 Norris trophies at this point but at the end, history remembers the winners and not the runner ups.
Bobby Orr is seen as the best d man ever and maybe the best player ever because of his godly peak. So you can’t use him in comparison just like Lemieux and gretzky.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Bobby Orr is seen as the best d man ever and maybe the best player ever because of his godly peak. So you can’t use him in comparison just like Lemieux and gretzky.
My point was NOT about the players but the nominations, because no matter how many nominations a player can have, the history remembers the winners and not the runner ups at the end. This is why Ovie 3 Harts > Crosby 2 Harts even if Crosby has a few more nominations than Ovie.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
My point was NOT about the players but the nominations, because no matter how many nominations a player can have, the history remembers the winners and not the runner ups at the end. This is why Ovie 3 Harts > Crosby 2 Harts even if Crosby has a few more nominations than Ovie.
History remembers a lot of things lol. You can’t just simply trophy count.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I can't believe people are still trying to act like this Penguins team is bad, please spare me. They finished with the same points as last year and Murray's SV% since coming back is like .940. They're a good team and far from this nonsense Crosby fanboys try to paint them as in order to prop up Sid. He's great, but stop making it bigger than it is, he has a good team.

You're absolutely ignoring the game being played on the ice. It's not a big deal to just admit you don't watch the Pens - nobody expects you to.

By a considerable margin, Pens fans have agreed that Sid was dragging the corpse of this team kicking and screaming into contention. These are the same fans that absolutely love Geno and Kessel. To a lesser extent many of them love Murray, Letang, and Schultz. This is not "people pumping Sid" because of some weird fantasy agenda - he deserves a TON of credit for our season not ending in disaster. There was just no denying that this year we had a huge group of under-performers + our certain inevitability of injury spouts. In fact, when you add up those injury spouts (plus the fact he had Jack Johnson dragging anchor for the first five months of the season) - it makes the result even more impressive.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site

The point still stands that throwing out Rockets as being superior to Crosby's Top Three finishes, both of which garnered Harts and Hart nominations, with zero context is wrong.

Crosby was objectively better in three of OV's Rocket win years while it can also be argued that OV was objectively better in one of Crosby's Rocket win years.

mrv52

Jan 22, 2004
The trophy voting this year should look something like McDavid's 16-17 win.

Kucherov 147, 17,3
Crosby 14, 119, 19
everyone else

After all ,this is how the votes tallied when Crosby won his last in 13-14

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
You're absolutely ignoring the game being played on the ice. It's not a big deal to just admit you don't watch the Pens - nobody expects you to.

By a considerable margin, Pens fans have agreed that Sid was dragging the corpse of this team kicking and screaming into contention. These are the same fans that absolutely love Geno and Kessel. To a lesser extent many of them love Murray, Letang, and Schultz. This is not "people pumping Sid" because of some weird fantasy agenda - he deserves a TON of credit for our season not ending in disaster. There was just no denying that this year we had a huge group of under-performers + our certain inevitability of injury spouts. In fact, when you add up those injury spouts (plus the fact he had Jack Johnson dragging anchor for the first five months of the season) - it makes the result even more impressive.
A “corpse of a team” with 3 PPG players, a 40 goal scorer, a Norris caliber Defenseman, and being one of the best offensive teams and PP in the league?

We get that Crosby deserves credit for his impact, but the Pens this year were not nearly as bad as many like to proclaim.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Ovechkin. 11 less points, but 16 more goals.

Captained his team to another division title. Played a pretty well rounded game.

Crosby had a fantastic season too [I think he should be a Hart finalist, he was more valuable to his team]. But Ovechkin had the better year.

Reactions: Voight

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I think Ovechkin was better most of the year and began slowing down 60 games into the season while saving himself for the playoffs. But otherwise it's super close.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Sid gets votes because he is Sid.

Remember on NHL.com the experts gave Kucherov 20/21 Hart first place votes. The final first place vote for the Hart was for Alex Ovechkin. No first place Hart votes for Sidney Crosby on NHL.com
Lol Crosby finished 2nd in that voting. As he will anyways

acor

Jan 13, 2012

After last year, Hart means nothing anyway...

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Sid gets votes because he is Sid.

Remember on NHL.com the experts gave Kucherov 20/21 Hart first place votes. The final first place vote for the Hart was for Alex Ovechkin. No first place Hart votes for Sidney Crosby on NHL.com

Crosby finished higher in the voting if you actually ready the article. Crosby was 2nd and I believe Ovi was 5th.

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Just out of curiosity, would Crosby win in a poll versus anyone to you? Seems like any time there's a poll about Crosby and the players are either very close or slight edge to Crosby, you'll vote the other guy.

If I made a poll about who has been the Pens' MVP this year, I'm almost positive you'd say Jake Guentzel has been more important. I've just never seen you actually pick Crosby in any of these polls where the arguments for either guy are relatively close.
that honour goes to Midnight Judges

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
The only reason Ovechkin has more harts is because Crosby got hit in the jaw

56 points in 36 vs 56 in 48. The extra hart is the LAST thing Ovechkin fans should use lmfao

Ok and? Fact is Ovy played more games and won the Hart. Not his fault Sid's jaw broke.

Hart noms are a big deal lol. If you actually compare to players hart finishes are used quite often.

I'm looking forward to the HHOF announcement were they say 2x Hart Winner and 3x nominee Sid Crosby :facepalm:

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Ok and? Fact is Ovy played more games and won the Hart. Not his fault Sid's jaw broke.

I'm looking forward to the HHOF announcement were they say 2x Hart Winner and 3x nominee Sid Crosby :facepalm:
They will 7 Crosby won two harts and was a finalist 7 times of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad