Better season 18-19? Crosby or Ovechkin?

???

• Total voters

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
OV: 1,1,1,2,2,6,6,9
Crosby: 1,1,2,2,2,3,5,6

crosby is likely a finalist and OV is likely top 5, so they're pretty close career wise.
Yeah they are. I was just saying an extra hart if Crosby keeps getting hart finalist positions. 5 out of the last 7 years. He will end up with the better record.

As of now the top 5 is
Ovechkin 1,1,1,2,2
Crosby 1,1,2,2,2,3,5
Pretty close like you say. Anything beyond top 5 in hart voting is not as important as the top 5 get most of the votes

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
They will 7 Crosby won two harts and was a finalist 7 times of course.

giphy.gif

Varan

Nov 27, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah they are. I was just saying an extra hart if Crosby keeps getting hart finalist positions. 5 out of the last 7 years. He will end up with the better record.

As of now the top 5 is
Ovechkin 1,1,1,2,2
Crosby 1,1,2,2,2,3,5
Pretty close like you say. Anything beyond top 5 in hart voting is not as important as the top 5 get most of the votes
i agree

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
I might give it to Sid cuz he had a much heavier load to carry this year. The pens outside of him and Jake have been very inconsistent the entire year and it’s showing right now

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
My point was NOT about the players but the nominations, because no matter how many nominations a player can have, the history remembers the winners and not the runner ups at the end. This is why Ovie 3 Harts > Crosby 2 Harts even if Crosby has a few more nominations than Ovie.

That's not true outside of casual fans.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Are you thinking that I am a "casual fan" really? My point is still valid, 3 Harts > 2 Harts at the end but okay...

No. I'm saying that we fans definitely do look at scoring and award finishes and put a lot of emphasis on them. Sure, winning is the most important thing but voting results matter too, a lot.

3 Harts is better than 2. But one could also argue that 5 Hart finalist positions is better than 2 Harts (for example). We do look these things in context. Martin St.Louis won two Art Ross trophies and a Hart. He was a finalist for the another time. Selanne never won the Hart or the Art Ross. Yet his resume is seen as stronger because of his stronger finishes.

This thread is chalk full of OV and Sid fanboys with ridiculous simplifications. It pains my head to read it actually. I don't know why I wandered back here. For the past 10 pages this has been the same idiotic back and forth we've seen since 2005.

Last edited:

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
No. I'm saying that we fans definitely do look at scoring and award finishes and put a lot of emphasis on them. Sure, winning is the most important thing but voting results matter too, a lot.

3 Harts is better than 2. But one could also argue that 5 Hart finalist positions is better than 2 Harts (for example). We do look these things in context. Martin St.Louis won two Art Ross trophies and a Hart. He was a finalist for the another time. Selanne never won the Hart or the Art Ross. Yet his resume is seen as stronger because of his stronger finishes.

This thread is chalk full of OV and Sid fanboys with ridiculous simplifications. It pains my head to read it actually. I don't know why I wondered back here. For the past 10 pages this has been the same idiotic back and forth we've seen since 2005.
You're right and I agree with you, but what convinced me through the time that nominations were not enough was the Bourque vs Lidstrom debate. Bourque was clearly the better of this two, but some people always claim that Lidstrom > Bourque because of 7 Norris > 5 Norris when Bourque finished second for the Norris for a record of 6 times (shared with Brad Park) and two times second for the Hart when Lidstrom has never been a Hart finalist. But your post made me rethink about that.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

This thread is chalk full of OV and Sid fanboys with ridiculous simplifications. It pains my head to read it actually. I don't know why I wandered back here. For the past 10 pages this has been the same idiotic back and forth we've seen since 2005.

To be honest. I don't know to many people that go back and look up who was a finalist for a trophy. All that really matters is winning and having the hardware.

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
After this year the only people who will have more hart nominations will be Howe and Gretzky. He will tie Lemieux with 7.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad