TV: Better Call Saul - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I know it’s likely Kim is out of Jimmy’s life by the time BB starts, but we never really see his home life in BB do we?

I’m trying to remember any scenes of “Saul Goodman” outside of meetings at his office or secret locations, etc, in BB... one of his last scenes was with Walt in a basement that could have been his home if I recall...

I don’t think we ever see him interact with family or friends in BB, just clients.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I know it’s likely Kim is out of Jimmy’s life by the time BB starts, but we never really see his home life in BB do we?

I’m trying to remember any scenes of “Saul Goodman” outside of meetings at his office or secret locations, etc, in BB... one of his last scenes was with Walt in a basement that could have been his home if I recall...

I don’t think we ever see him interact with family or friends in BB, just clients.
The last scene with Saul is with Walt in the basement of the vacuum cleaner store. He's getting his new identity and relocation.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol

Theoretically it's possible they're still together. I don't think they'll do that but they might.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Theoretically it's possible they're still together. I don't think they'll do that but they might.

Ya I’m leaning towards his breakup with her setting him of into full Saul persona...

I’m just pointing out that so many people seem to assume she’s gone because she wasn’t in BB, but the reality is we never saw any of his home life.

The last scene with Saul is with Walt in the basement of the vacuum cleaner store. He's getting his new identity and relocation.

Right, starting to come back to me. So basically we never even saw his basement, let alone his house, friends and family, etc.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
sorry if this has been discussed before - but i'm still not quite understanding the timeline. I thought we were at least 6-8 years before BB. But what I can't reconcile is the apparent age of Mike's granddaughter. She appears to be approximately the same age as in BB. Certainly not 6-8 years younger

Reactions: Supermassive

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
sorry if this has been discussed before - but i'm still not quite understanding the timeline. I thought we were at least 6-8 years before BB. But what I can't reconcile is the apparent age of Mike's granddaughter. She appears to be approximately the same age as in BB. Certainly not 6-8 years younger

Same here. It feels like this season is a year or two ahead of the start of BB, and they're on pace to go parallel with BB in Season 6, with cameos and clever intertwining storylines. Vince Gilligan always pays off on the buildup. Can't wait.

Reactions: KirkOut

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Same here. It feels like this season is a year or two ahead of the start of BB, and they're on pace to go parallel with BB in Season 6, with cameos and clever intertwining storylines. Vince Gilligan always pays off on the buildup. Can't wait.
But on the other hand, Gus seems so much less established than he did in BB. Is he really just 3 or so years off from being BB Gus? It's possible I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Supermassive

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
I wouldn't get caught up in the granddaughter age. If she was cast actual age, she'd be an infant and you would lose a lot of plot potential. Nobody wants to see Mike talking to a plastic doll. I think this was addressed in an article or interview.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Suspect belief for Mike's granddaughter and you'll be OK. I noticed the difference the moment she made her first appearance, never gave it a second thought, and the show isn't ruined for me

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I thought season three was a significant improvement over season two. However, the big problem for me is that Jimmy is becoming the least interesting character in the entire series. And, if they do a couple more seasons they are really going to have timeline problems with Mike.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
They addressed the issue with Mike's granddaughter, they acknowledged she's the wrong age but couldn't have her as a toddler for story purposes.

Also re: the current year?

I found my post from last year: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...rns-august-6th.2215485/page-15#post-133075691

"Slip" was in March 2003, so we're somewhere in mid '03, as Jimmy was already in his 1 year ban during that episode.. Breaking Bad starts September '08.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Re-watching now from Season 1-3. just amazing writing and character development

Chuck:
- disliked him first time through. Now to me he's the innocent one who knew Jimmy would never change and wanted to protect the integrity of the legal system or what he wanted to believe was integrity. Jimmy had good intentions but he blew all the chances he had and took the easy way out many times instead of working hard. Dishonesty by staging a fall off the billboard and numerous things along those lines.
- suffered a mental illness but the show doesn't go into detail about how it happened.
- may have been the death of their mother that set it off. Didn't seem to have a very fun life. Workaholic.

Jimmy:
- liked him less the second time through. He really has a skewed sense of morals. When he was a kid he stole money from his dad because he figured his dad would give it away anyway.
- tried to help Kim but she vouched for him and he continued to make mistakes. The commercial he ran started his issues and he realized he wasn't a fit in the corporate world.

Mike:
- liked him more the second time through. He felt responsible for his sons death and tried to make it right. Tried to make money for his granddaughter as he felt responsible.
- he was willing to cross the line and do illegal things as a means to an end. Lost faith in the law after he saw how corrupt it is.
- was always a man of his word. He wouldn't take Nachos payment to kill Tuco and gave him back $25k because the job wasn't done. Nacho respected that.

Just starting season 3 now

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
They addressed the issue with Mike's granddaughter, they acknowledged she's the wrong age but couldn't have her as a toddler for story purposes.

Also re: the current year?

I found my post from last year: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...rns-august-6th.2215485/page-15#post-133075691

"Slip" was in March 2003, so we're somewhere in mid '03, as Jimmy was already in his 1 year ban during that episode.. Breaking Bad starts September '08.
Good to know. That clears up a lot.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I thought last nights episode was just filler. They need to speed shit up.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Kim's sad, Jimmy's bored and killing time, Gus is building a drug empire from out of a chicken shack, and Mike does mundane things but kind of makes it look interesting.

We get it. Let's move this thing along and DO something in the last six episodes this season.

Reactions: Jtown

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I thought this show would be one season max of setting up Jimmy's downfall. Then I thought the show would be a few seasons of "Better Call Saul" law firm shenanigans until it eventually catches up with BB's timeline.

It really is going too slow. I still watch it and enjoy it. But it could be so much better.

JB52

Apr 6, 2012
Quebec City
So, about last night episode, maybe my english is not good enough or the problem is my knowledge of law, but what was Kim doing at court, with the judge? What did the judge accused her of doing and why should we care?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad