TV: Better Call Saul - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Question because I always forget, why did Saul use the extractor? He hates his new life, was it because he feared police repercussion?

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Very good episode.

I could just watch Mike doing his every day thing. Grocery shopping, pumping gas, sitting in the toll booth.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Here's something that has been bothering me...

How did the bug planter not notice that the gas cap moved from wagon to his other car?

Did I miss something? I was tired.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

How did the bug planter not notice that the gas cap moved from wagon to his other car?

Good question (my brain was on cruise control too). I suppose the convenient excuse would be that it was dark and in the middle of the night. Whoever was doing the job might not remember beige/black car but was focusing on the signal of the bug.

----

During the intro scene, I thought "Gene" was going to play coy and let the kid get away if only to avoid having to give a statement on the record to the police.

I'll have to rewatch the Ernesto scene again. I didn't quite hear what part of the tape that he inadvertently listened to.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I am hearing that Ernesto might be Gus' kid.

Interesting if true.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007

I thought they had both cars bugged? Once Mike found the bug on the wagon, he pretty much knew the other car was going to be bugged as well.

I don't know if I'm remembering correctly, but wouldn't he just leave the wagon bug untouched so they would just track the wagon to the junk yard? If they went to Mike's house to replace the dead bug on his regular car, will they do anything with the bug on the wagon? They're probably assuming that Mike has ditched that car for good since the location points to a junk yard.

Now was this all a test to see if Mike could find out who was watching him? Do they have a trap set up when he gets to the location where his bug is? Will they offer him some work, knowing he can pretty much track anything? I have a feeling that Gus is already waiting for him with a proposition of some sort.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I probably needed a refresher since I didn't remember what car(s) Mike had at his disposal.

Since my brain was on cruise control last night, it took me a couple minutes to understand Mike's plan. I had assumed that they would have just replaced the battery rather than the entire gas cap. So I thought Mike was just gonna get the jump on whoever showed up and maybe get (ie, at gunpoint) some answers that way.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I probably needed a refresher since I didn't remember what car(s) Mike had at his disposal.

Since my brain was on cruise control last night, it took me a couple minutes to understand Mike's plan. I had assumed that they would have just replaced the battery rather than the entire gas cap. So I thought Mike was just gonna get the jump on whoever showed up and maybe get (ie, at gunpoint) some answers that way.

Both cars were bugged. After dismantling the cruiser and taking the gas cap home, he eventually left the tracker at the police parking lot where he works.

Mike bought the same tracker as was being used against him, and installed his in the gas cap of his car. He then took theirs and drained the battery so whoever bugged him would come to replace the battery. No one is going to be standing around on the street replacing the battery and making noise, so the guy just popped out, switched the bug and took off. Since Mike had bugged that gas cap, he took his tracker, hopped in his car, and followed them.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

They bugged a beater car, so you would assume they also bug his regular car.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Why did he have to drain the battery? Couldn't he simply take them out?

Anyways, I didn't think it was a good episode, there hasn't been much development and we didn't learn much in it either, we're kind of at the same point we were at the last episode of season 2.

Last edited:

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Anyways, I didn't think it was a good episode, there hasn't been much development and we didn't learn much in it either, we're kind of at the same point we were at the last episode of season 2.

He wanted the GPS to read drained battery and they would replace it. I tend to agree with you a bit. They are going to milk this Gus thing a bit.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012

If he just took the battery out, then they would know he was aware of the tracker. By draining it, he correctly assumed that they would figure that the battery just died on its own. Therefore, they go to replace the tracker with a new one and are unknowingly giving Mike their position because the tracker with the dead battery that they are taking with them has been replaced with a new tracker by Mike.

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
They really should have done a recap for such an extended layoff. A little more action wouldn't have hurt either. It was bordering on Last Man On Earth level of inactivity.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
They really should have done a recap for such an extended layoff. A little more action wouldn't have hurt either. It was bordering on Last Man On Earth level of inactivity.

There's never been much "action" with Better Call Saul.

I thought the episode was a great start of the new season.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008

I was thinking.. I should have watched the season 2 finale again. Took me a while to remember what Jimmy did as far as changing the numbers.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
A little boring, a little slow, but still fantastic. They're having a little trouble getting Jonathan Banks to not look older than in Breaking Bad but it's not a deal breaker.

TomPlex

Jan 24, 2006
www.dermamode.com
Has to be some sort of blackmail. Maybe the kind that forces him to change his name.
I think Chuck's endgame with respect to Jimmy had always been to keep him away from practicing law. He knows that his career is probably over and done with but he can still bring Jimmy down with him. He's going to use this evidence to try to get Jimmy disbarred.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

100% this. I had to stop the show several times to talk with my wife so we could try to remember what exactly had happened before.

I thought the episode was a bit of a let down.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I watched Talking Saul, and one thing I thought was interesting was the guy who plays Howard sorta speculating that by playing the tape for him, Chuck was making him complicit with whatever he does next. Not really sure if that even makes sense, but Chuck has definitely got something interesting up his sleeve.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Really good premier. It set up a lot of different plotlines.

Mike's storyline was great. As others have mentioned, I could watch him do **** all day.

One thing I love about this show and Breaking Bad is the sound. Every single closing of a door or button pressed, for instance, makes a crisp, loud, clear sound. Anyone else notice that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad