OT: Best Pizza in Edmonton

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Safeway. It's Delissio

I was at superstore the other day and bought a spinach, feta and prosciutto pizza that was made in house. Was pretty freaking good.

Kinda pisses me off when for 5 or 6 bucks you get something so good.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
Versato's is right up there. one of the best. Especially, the next day, and you thro a piece in your toaster oven!!!

Blue Willow. Hands down. Its an Edmonton landmark.

I'm a fan of Blue Willow as well. Very good Ginger Beef.

Lingnan for their Dry Spicy Chicken as well.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I liked Holiday Pizza across from Bonnie Doon Mall but my go to was Rafina Pizza.
\

lol. holy blast from the past. Remember the jingle: "A pizza from Rafina! Its gonna make your day"!!

And Baaco is another.

to add to that theme (but off the pizza), how about Chicken on the Way!! they actually had kitchens in their delivery vans!!! now that was hilarious.

Oildrum

Jan 22, 2013
Not going to lie, I like Delissio way too much. More than anyone else I know :laugh:

I honestly think their pizzas are unbeatable at $5 (on sale) . I think a lot of people just assume frozen pizzas are all terrible but the delissios are delicious.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
I honestly think their pizzas are unbeatable at $5 (on sale) . I think a lot of people just assume frozen pizzas are all terrible but the delissios are delicious.

Delissios are awsome!! especially if you jazz 'em up with stuff in your fridge. extra cheese, ham, tomatoes.. whatever you want.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint

Delissios are awsome!! especially if you jazz 'em up with stuff in your fridge. extra cheese, ham, tomatoes.. whatever you want.

It's gotta be thin crust if it comes from the grocery store. Thin crust is a hundred times better than the thick crust frozen pizzas.

Oilers Fan

Apr 19, 2016
Great choices for food

Chinese - Pearl River (99st - 41ave)

Indian - Little India (92t - 34ave)

Pizza, Pasta & Montreal Smoked Meat Sandwich's - Steakout (99st - 34ave)

Italian Piccolino Bistro (142st - 92ave)

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The best Chinese food in Edmonton is actually in Spruce Grove. :laugh:

Bing's.

The best I've ever had. Everything is cooked perfectly, and melts in your mouth. The chicken balls in particular are phenomenal.

Bings eh?..going to have to try that. thanks for the heads up.

as for pizza, there used to be a pub in Hazeldean called Black Gold, which had AWESOME pizza, ..I think it's time out pub now?
was a diamond in the rough for real.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I was at superstore the other day and bought a spinach, feta and prosciutto pizza that was made in house. Was pretty freaking good.

Kinda pisses me off when for 5 or 6 bucks you get something so good.

Y'know what?, the Superstore $5 pizza is really good. I actually like it more than delissio or McCains when it comes to frozen pizza.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Bings eh?..going to have to try that. thanks for the heads up.

as for pizza, there used to be a pub in Hazeldean called Black Gold, which had AWESOME pizza, ..I think it's time out pub now?
was a diamond in the rough for real.

You won't be disappointed, it's fantastic. :thumbu:

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
Y'know what?, the Superstore $5 pizza is really good. I actually like it more than delissio or McCains when it comes to frozen pizza.

Yeah it's pretty good but the Costco cheese pizza is the best of the store made pizza IMO. I don't care for their pepperoni, seems cheap, but that cheese pizza is awesome. A guy could always add his own toppings too.

The best store bought ones are in my experience made by Dr. Oetker, Ristorante and Casa Di Mama pizzas are both really good. I agree with Puritina that for frozen pizza you got to get thin crust, i personally think the Delissio's are pretty awful (in comparison to other pizza) but maybe the thin crust ones are a lot better but i can't really recall.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
In no specific order:

Southside: Golden Rice Bowl, Bejing Bejing, Good Buddy

West: Jumbo Seafood, New Dragon Palace, Shanghai Grill

More traditional Chinese restaurants, so I'm not sure what their ginger beef tastes like. I haven't been there in a long time, but I think Jumbo may cater better to the Caucasian crowd or the westernized Chinese cravings. Good Buddy is pretty good at this as well.

I dunno, if I'm in the mood for ahem, "city" Chinese food, I'd probably hit up a food court.

Pearl River is the best Chinese food on the Southside.

"New Dragon Palace" That place still operating? Used to be a take out only. Is that the one?

Planisphaerium

Jan 27, 2011
I highly recommend Thanh Thanh for vietnamese food.
Its downtown off 101 street and 107 ave.

Favorites are the:
Cashew chicken
Ginger chicken
Ginger beef

I also recommend the vietnamese coffee as well. Easily my favorite place to eat in the city. Its fantastic and they are very fast.

Kayen

SLAPPAPPYSHEV
Apr 28, 2009
The North
I highly recommend Thanh Thanh for vietnamese food.
Its downtown off 101 street and 107 ave.

Favorites are the:
Cashew chicken
Ginger chicken
Ginger beef

I also recommend the vietnamese coffee as well. Easily my favorite place to eat in the city. Its fantastic and they are very fast.

All 3 dishes - none of which are Vietnamese dishes.
But I do enjoy Thanh Thanh, very good restaurant overall.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
All 3 dishes - none of which are Vietnamese dishes.
But I do enjoy Thanh Thanh, very good restaurant overall.
When I take people new to Vietnamese food, I tell them that they're allowed to order pho, vermicelli or rice paper wraps.

Otherwise, just go to a Chinese place.

The Big Unit

Oct 24, 2009
I highly recommend Giants Pizza Donair Smokehouse in Riverbend. It opened a month ago and it's actually amazing pizza. Their donair is in my top 3 in the city as well.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I get the half price extra large pizzas in the deli section at my local grocery store that still have 1-2 days to expiration... a 3 lb pizza for $3.50... it ain't the greatest pizza in the world... but bang for buck it's awesome. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad