OT: Best Pizza in Edmonton

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
Since we've wandered away from a pizza-centric discussion, I will throw 3 of my other faves in-

Vietnamese - Hung Phat
Indian - Kurry Kebab
Pasta - SPK south

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
While we're at it, how about burger spots? This burger lover's Top 3 in Edmonton...

1. Jack's (in St. Albert)
2. Smashburger
3. Fatburger

Honorable mention to the Boston Pizza's pepperoni bacon pizzaburger. Instant heart attack material, but well worth the experience. :D

Oct 15, 2008
Haven't been there yet, but I want to try it for sure.

They have an eating challenge. You eat their three biggest burgers (and fries) in 30 minutes and its free, plus you get a $100 gift certificate and your pic on the wall.

Fail and the tab is $80+.

I didn't take the challenge but I tried the perogy burger.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
They have an eating challenge. You eat their three biggest burgers (and fries) in 30 minutes and its free, plus you get a $100 gift certificate and your pic on the wall.

Fail and the tab is $80+.

I didn't take the challenge but I tried the perogy burger.

Sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
While we're at it, how about burger spots? This burger lover's Top 3 in Edmonton...

2. Smashburger
3. Fatburger

Honorable mention to the Boston Pizza's pepperoni bacon pizzaburger. Instant heart attack material, but well worth the experience. :D

The pizzaburger is not to my liking for sure.. it's not pizza, it's not a burger, and the combination isn't as good as one might think. Burger Baron's Pizza Burger is more successful than BPs in my opinion, and it's just pizza sauce and mozza on a burger

I tried Jack's, it was OK, but to me it was no different than 5 Guys with more hype (I've had people tell me that it gets lines out the door and lining up the sidewalk... I can't see why). I have not tried Smashburger, and Fatburger is OK.

For me, I like 1st Rnd (love building my own burgers and they are large and tasty), 5 Guys, and Burger Priest was good the time I tried it.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
That dry spicy chicken is fantastic.

They don't call it crack chicken for nothing. It's the same stuff you get from Chicken For Lunch at the Scotiaplace food court down down. Same owners as the Lingnan.

Damn. Now I want some crack chicken.

7610498168_fc99281931_b.jpg

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB

2. Smashburger
3. Fatburger

I live near Jack's...a little disapointing I thought

still love 5 Guys

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
They don't call it crack chicken for nothing. It's the same stuff you get from Chicken For Lunch at the Scotiaplace food court down down. Same owners as the Lingnan.

Damn. Now I want some crack chicken.

The Chinese joint in ATB Place, just down a ways in the underground pedway from CFL does a very reasonable facsimile of the crack chicken. As a bonus they will actually give you what you want for your other choices, they take credit/debit cards and it's not a half hour wait to order your food.

The crack chicken is delicious, but not worth all the other drawbacks of going to CFL. I do make sure to order it whenever I go to Lingnan.

The pizzaburger is not to my liking for sure.. it's not pizza, it's not a burger, and the combination isn't as good as one might think. Burger Baron's Pizza Burger is more successful than BPs in my opinion, and it's just pizza sauce and mozza on a burger.

I tried a pizza burger once and it was gross. I thought it wasn't cooked properly, but reading your post I think that's just the way they are.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
The Chinese joint in ATB Place, just down a ways in the underground pedway from CFL does a very reasonable facsimile of the crack chicken. As a bonus they will actually give you what you want for your other choices, they take credit/debit cards and it's not a half hour wait to order your food.

The crack chicken is delicious, but not worth all the other drawbacks of going to CFL. I do make sure to order it whenever I go to Lingnan.

Good tip. Maybe I will try it out sometime. I still love CFL though. The ginger chicken is always good, the daily special ranges from awesome to good. And I have never had a problem with getting what I wanted. Agreed on the line up though. Gotta be there right at 11 if you don't want to wait.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Good tip. Maybe I will try it out sometime. I still love CFL though. The ginger chicken is always good, the daily special ranges from awesome to good. And I have never had a problem with getting what I wanted. Agreed on the line up though. Gotta be there right at 11 if you don't want to wait.

I'm a bit of an oddball as I tend to change my order every time, depending on what they have to offer. Alice does have a ridiculously good memory for her regulars. I just don't go there often enough. No biggie. The crack chicken is like a hundred delicious, mini heart attacks so I gotta feed that itch on occasion but not too often.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
If you guys are looking for a good pizza burger, go to the Burger Bar in Calmar. They are so, so, so, ****ing good. My brothers and I go there a few times every summer for the past like, 8 years. I've never once been able to order anything else because the pizza burger is just too damn good.

To add to the posts above, Burger Baron is gross, don't go there for pizza burgers.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Never ate at Lingnan.

Always wanted to cuz of their show. I always rooted for the ultra-competitive kid, but his mom always crushed him.

XD

Redbarchettayyz

Oct 30, 2009
Edmonton
If you guys are looking for a good pizza burger, go to the Burger Bar in Calmar. They are so, so, so, ****ing good. My brothers and I go there a few times every summer for the past like, 8 years. I've never once been able to order anything else because the pizza burger is just too damn good.

To add to the posts above, Burger Baron is gross, don't go there for pizza burgers.

I grew up on Calmar Burger Bar, this is absolutely true. Their pizza burgers are fantastic. Double Canadian burger is another gem

Edit: for stuff inside the city, Next Act is fantastic, but always super busy. Rodeo Burger and Burger's Priest are both fantastic too. Was at First Round in West Ed on Tuesday, I've always been a fan of theirs as well, the Perogie burger proves everything is better with Perogies.

Last edited:

Dakine879

Apr 24, 2015
Edmonton

+1 for Burger Bar in Calmar

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
The Hat has to be mentioned along side Next Act.

The Black & Blue burger at The Hat and the Class Act at Next Act. Mouth watering just typing this!

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

2. Smashburger
3. Fatburger

good choices. I'd switch out Smashburger for 5 Guys. Jack's is awsome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad