OT: Best Pizza in Edmonton

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
This thread has never been more relevant, can we talk about pizza again?

Little ceasar hot n ready + stuffed crazy bread ftw.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Pango is still the undisputed champ for me. Really nothing can beat it. Nothing unique or fancy about it, just good ole comfort food. Perfect mix of bread, toppings, sauce

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Pango is still the undisputed champ for me. Really nothing can beat it. Nothing unique or fancy about it, just good ole comfort food. Perfect mix of bread, toppings, sauce

Panago has a very good price to quality ratio, I prefer Boston Pizza but it's much more expensive.

If you need quantity (party) Pizza 73 is good.

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
One opened up like 2 yrs ago. I heard it was expensive. Should I go?

Quick bake, flatbeard Naples-type pizza. I find it doesn't keep well, in terms of Next Day Pizza, but it's great when it comes out fresh.

Definitely worth a try, but I don't think it would ever be a standby to order like Panago or Pizza 73.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I really miss Rosebowl pizza and Florida pizza in Devon. I moved away from Edmonton to Ont 4 years ago and haven't been back. Great pizza around here is tough to find but I have found 2 decent pizza shops in London. Nothing compares to Edmonton pizza though.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Capital up here in North Edmonton on 144th and ~78th Street is still the tops for us.

Not sure about the one further North on 82St.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
For Neapolitan type pizza: Parlour.
Good old fashioned greasefest pizza: Steakout.

Alawishis

...so anyway.
Mar 12, 2008
Sherwood Park
I now live in Ontario and when I tell people out here that Edmonton has better pizza they sort of laugh at me. Not sure why. But when I do go to Edmonton, and that is often, pizza is one of the great treats!

By the way does anyone remember the old Franklin's chain? One restaurant on 111 ave was where I would typically go. The other one I ate at was by the MacDonald Hotel. That was great pizza! I read somewhere a rumor that the chain was still alive in Sherwood Park.

Yes, I remember Franklin's. I'll never forget eating there once with a group of friends and the group was pretty vocal about the Oilers and how they were playing awful. They were going on and on about everything and criticising the team. I really thought my friends were being way too critical considering most of them were marginal hockey fans.

I remember after getting up to leave and seeing Brett Callighen sitting at the booth behind us. He looked pretty pissed. I can't see how he could have missed hearing what was being said.

It was great pizza though.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Yes, I remember Franklin's. I'll never forget eating there once with a group of friends and the group was pretty vocal about the Oilers and how they were playing awful. They were going on and on about everything and criticising the team. I really thought my friends were being way too critical considering most of them were marginal hockey fans.

I remember after getting up to leave and seeing Brett Callighen sitting at the booth behind us. He looked pretty pissed. I can't see how he could have missed hearing what was being said.

It was great pizza though.

Brett Callaghan? Skewing a little old with that reference. :laugh:

I remember Franklin's. Before I was old enough to be a pizza connoisseur, but fond memories.

HumbleEgomaniac

Apr 23, 2015
Tony's Pizza Palace is the best pizza I have had in the city. Honorable mention to Rosebowl when it was around.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
giphy.gif

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
Shady area and a run-down shop, but the Pizza from Argana in Beverley is shockingly good. Got a taste for it while the female creature I live with worked at the Shoppers there. It's definitely worth at least one trip.

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
I now live in Ontario and when I tell people out here that Edmonton has better pizza they sort of laugh at me. Not sure why. But when I do go to Edmonton, and that is often, pizza is one of the great treats!

By the way does anyone remember the old Franklin's chain? One restaurant on 111 ave was where I would typically go. The other one I ate at was by the MacDonald Hotel. That was great pizza! I read somewhere a rumor that the chain was still alive in Sherwood Park.

I've had the same pizza discussions with several people in London. Edmonton simply has the best pizza in my opinion. I've eaten pizza all over North America and have tried several pizza places in Ontario from Toronto to Windsor. Nothing is nearly as good as Edmonton pizza. Have you found any good pizza in the Kitchener/Waterloo area? I travel a lot for work and tried some Kitch/Wat pizza but the best I found was Franklin Pizzeria. It reminds me of Royal Pizza. Best pizza I've found in London is Formagio's but it's so different than the mouth watering Rosebowl pizza I miss.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Capital up here in North Edmonton on 144th and ~78th Street is still the tops for us.

Not sure about the one further North on 82St.

Capital has great pizza! I live closer to the Capital on 82 St/160 Ave but go to the original Capital location on 144 Ave/76 St one for pizza. The lasagna and other dishes are similar but I find the pizza best at the original location.

Coliseum Steak and Pizza has great pizza and even better steaks! It was our go to place before every Oiler home game (you needed a reservation days on advance or you could not get in on game night), but unfortunately they were not forward enough to see the merit in maybe doing some kind of park, dine and ride shuttle to the games. :( I still make it over there once in a while but not as often as before.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00