Best Hockey Chirps

Blueland89

Dec 1, 2009
Cartersville, Ga
Personal favourite.

Line up as a winger on a faceoff and when your both bent over waiting for the puck look the guy dead in the eyes, say "I'm gay" and then slap his ass.

2 outcomes, he either swings a punch at you and gets a penalty, or he stands straight up in shock and misses the puckdrop allowing you to go in free. Classic.

I'm not gay.

That's what they all say

but seriously I'm going to use that

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I'm not really one to chirp with people, it's just beer leagues that I play in. We're there to have fun, not get pissed off.

Although I do love to make idiots look like idiots. I remember playing once and I was on the point for an offensive zone faceoff, playing right next to the opposing team's bench. They won the face off right to their own goalie who had to cover it up because our winger crashed the net and tried to poke it in. He didn't slash the goalie's glove or anything, just tried to stuff it in as the goalie went to cover it up. I heard somebody on their bench say, "What's the point of hacking the goalie like that? You know he has it covered." I turned around and said, "Who the hell tries to win a faceoff directly to their own goalie?" All of them just stared at me like a deer caught in the head lights and I just turned back around to get ready for the next faceoff.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Speaking of simple chirps, I've drew numerous penalties and had a few people punch me (while having a cage on I'll add) by simply laughing and smiling at the player.

Works everytime, and it helps to laugh with a high pitch laugh ;)

nukethewhales

gotta nuke something
Feb 8, 2011
Toronto
As a ref, my favourite towards me from a player whose team just lost:

Player: Are you gonna buy me dinner?
Me: Why would I do that?
Player: Because I like it when a guy buys me dinner after I get f***ed.

CookieCrumbs*

Haha some of these are so questionable. My reaction to most would be to start laughing, look at them and say "sweet chirp!".

radbear

Mar 1, 2012
Winnipeg , Manitoba
....what I was often heard to say was ...after getting slashed when freezing the puck, or run after coming out to challenge..."That's ONE." No further chatter- just a long look directly at him.

I think you all know what happens at .....TWO.

SCritical

...and my response would be: " With what..?! ...your VAGINA?"

I should have specified - This was said by a guy on my team to the goalie, who was his brother.
Things that do work as a female player, I’ve found include

*player trying to control his anger* “HEY! Violence against women, Australia says no!â€

*when checked or slashed* “Thank you sir, may I have another?â€

*being pressured in the corner or in front of the net* “Geez at least buy me a drink first!†or “oh yeah, that’s how I like it!â€

*player is mouthing off* “If I wanted to hear some *****ing, I’d be playing women’s league!â€

Look at the other winger at face off, wink and make handjob motions on your stick. One of two things tend to happen – he’s laughing too hard to see straight or he gets offended, straightens up and is left behind.

…yeah, I’m pretty much shameless :facepalm:

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia
I should have specified - This was said by a guy on my team to the goalie, who was his brother.
Things that do work as a female player, I’ve found include

*player trying to control his anger* “HEY! Violence against women, Australia says no!â€

*when checked or slashed* “Thank you sir, may I have another?â€

*being pressured in the corner or in front of the net* “Geez at least buy me a drink first!†or “oh yeah, that’s how I like it!â€

*player is mouthing off* “If I wanted to hear some *****ing, I’d be playing women’s league!â€

Look at the other winger at face off, wink and make handjob motions on your stick. One of two things tend to happen – he’s laughing too hard to see straight or he gets offended, straightens up and is left behind.

…yeah, I’m pretty much shameless :facepalm:

I would be laughing my a$& off too!!! That's a good one.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
What?! My best chirp ever was when I followed a guy around the ice the whole game reciting the Gettysburg Address and I didn't finish so then I followed him to the locker room and then his house and then the shower and then his bed and finally I made love to his wife in front of him and took another shower and left.

there's always an exception to the rule. you win. :laugh: :laugh::laugh:

fish7

Feb 11, 2012
st. louis, mo
Chirping was such an important part of the game when I was younger and playing serious hockey. I was not that good at it so I just enjoyed listening to team mates who had good chirps. If I wanted to get under someones skin I would grab their stick for a few seconds away from the play and it would always draw a slash or punch.

When I was coaching high school kids from the wealthier private schools would always chirp that my players would be working for them in 10 years and one time one of my kids responded that he would be robbing the guy blind and f...ing his wife.

Now i play inline and there is next to no chirping. It is almost too polite. The best chirp I have heard was when I lining up for the opening face-off a few sessions back and a guy I do not normally play with asked me which side I wanted to play and the ref just laughed and pointed to the other team's goal and said "He will be playing that side."

Maupin Fan

Hot Air
Sep 17, 2009
Outside of the guy that said the usual homophobic and racist slurs, this thread should be titled three pages of the absolute dumbest, corniest ****ing chirps ever assembled. Please.

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I'm not big into chirps but the greatest thing along those lines to do is score and then drink out of the goalies water...just be ready to fight

One of my teammates once took the goalie's bottle and squirted water at them :laugh:

It's been said a million times but the worst NHL chirp ever was Hartnell: "**** you Del Zotto, I don't even know your name" :laugh:

My all time favourite is when a player is shouting something along the lines of "Come on boys lets go!" to rally the team, and then you say "Go where?" so simple but so effective :laugh:

Last edited:

Ro Herregraven

Dutch hockey nut
Mar 17, 2009
The Netherlands
True story from the early nineties about Players X and Y, both top line forwards at the time. I have removed their names to protect the innocent.

Player/a-hole X played for our team for a couple of seasons, met a local girl, got her pregnant with a baby girl, then left her to play for another team in the league.

A few years later, our team was playing the team player X was now playing for.
Our player/classy guy Y had started a serious relationship with said girl and together they were raising her daughter as his own.

Our player Y had a small passport picture of the little girl taped into his stick, not far above the blade.

Player X and Player Y line up for the opening face-off, and Player X notices the picture of his own daughter on the stick of Player Y.

Player Y: "hot stuff eh? After the game I'm gonna nail her".

Player X never made a decent move that entire game.

Ro Herregraven

Dutch hockey nut
Mar 17, 2009
The Netherlands
So his chirp was telling a guy he was going to **** his kid after the game? Gross.
Hey, the goal of a chirp is to put your opponent off-balance. It obviously worked. And when it comes from someone who is being a great father to a kid that isn't even his own, directed at the dead beat dad of the same kid, I think it's priceless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad