WJC: Best defenseman in the WJC

R S

Sep 18, 2006
For me:

Cowen, Larsson, Vatanen and my darkhorse is Marincin. Marincin should NOT be playing in the WHL right now.

jughead42*

The defenceman who'll easily have the biggest impact on the tournament is Ryan Ellis. Its not even close, I find it comical that some people are suggesting that useless oaf Cowen as a possibility. Really? Did he learn how to skate over the summer or something?

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
The defenceman who'll easily have the biggest impact on the tournament is Ryan Ellis. Its not even close, I find it comical that some people are suggesting that useless oaf Cowen as a possibility. Really? Did he learn how to skate over the summer or something?

No but a fully healed knee has allowed him to develop the highest level of hockey sense anyone has ever seen. Been under a rock a while or what?

JeffYear92*

Cowen

Big come back year.

Him and Ellis together could be fun to watch

R S

Sep 18, 2006

Well now he just has two legs to skate on, as opposed to one last year...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
If OEL plays, OEL.

If he doesn't, Cowen.

If we're talking about highest offensive skill only, Ellis or Larsson are both pretty sick.

Cowen struggled last year, has a lot to prove this year let alone being one of the top guys.

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com
Cowen struggled last year, has a lot to prove this year let alone being one of the top guys.

But everyone knows why he struggled...and the people putting his name down are pretty convinced it isn't an issue anymore. So they are taking that into account and predicting he will be among the best.

Everyone name down here is a prediction, Erik Gudbranson has a lot to prove, so does Ryan Ellis who couldn't handle his own end of the rink last year.

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009

Yeah, actually. Kind of.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Peter Forsberg actually said that Erixon was the one guy that had impressed him the most in the SEL. But.....isn't Erixon too old?

Tim Erixon is 19 so he's eligible. Sebastian Erixon is 21, so he's not avalible.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
I'd say Vatanen has a decent chance to be the best. Have to remember that the tournament is only a few games, so there are at least 10 defensemen that have some (or a little) chance of being it. Vatanen has a good chance, because he will play something like 30 minutes a game because there isn't any competition for the number one D spot. And Vatanen will be the PP dynamo in team Finland and play a lot of PK. The only thing that plays against him is that he might get tired when the tournament gets older. But he's still a good guess when guessing which D gets the most goals/points. I guess he'll be MVP for Finland this year. Hell, he might even become the MVP of the tournament if everything goes right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad