WJC: Best defenseman in the WJC

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
So, who is the best defenseman in the WJC?

Being in So Cal I don't get to see many players but my homer vote would go to Vatanen just because of his stats and many people saying he's been the best d-man in the FEL this season.

Princeton

Aug 24, 2009
It's Adam Larsson. He is the best overall defense-man.

For pure offense, Ryan Ellis or Ryan Murphy on Canada should get the nod.

For pure defense, Derek Forbert (US), Erik Gudbranson and perhaps Cowan come to mind.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
It's Adam Larsson. He is the best overall defense-man.

For pure offense, Ryan Ellis or Ryan Murphy on Canada should get the nod.

For pure defense, Derek Forbert (US), Erik Gudbranson and perhaps Cowan come to mind.

I'd probably rank Larsson higher on pure defense than overall, not saying he couldn't be both though. He's solid as a rock in his own end.

Pyke*

If OEL plays, OEL.

If he doesn't, Cowen.

If we're talking about highest offensive skill only, Ellis or Larsson are both pretty sick.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
One more vote for Vatanen. Maybe not the best overall, but might have a thing or two to say for being one offensively. At the moment he's 2nd in points and 1st in +/- in FEL. He plays in the top pair on the team that leads the league, thanks no small part to him.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
A healthy Jared Cowen gets my vote.

Edit: It's probably OEL, I didn't realize he was playing.

He not.....right?

One more vote for Vatanen. Maybe not the best overall, but might have a thing or two to say for being one offensively. At the moment he's 2nd in points and 1st in +/- in FEL. He plays in the top pair on the team that leads the league, thanks no small part to him.

Then why add him? This is about the best?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Marincin has had a very strong season so far. I'm interested to see what he does at the WJC

Minister of Offence

Oct 2, 2009
www.chadhargrove.com

He should be pretty dominant offensively...but some of these top teams may be a little overwhelming for him down low, the intensity/physicality at this tournament is unmatched compared to the Liiga.

For me, it's certainly feasible that he could end up a tournament all-star.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00