Music: Best album of 2018

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So many really good Synthwave albums out this year. Dance with the Dead, Timecop1983, The Midnight, Gunship, Meteor, Hollywood Burns. Be really surprised if a couple of these don't end up making my top 10 at the end of the year.

Synthwave is really hitting it's groove now. The new Gunship is f***ing masterful.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
I didn't really like it on my first listen... I'll give it more time though.

On the bright side, I had never heard of Phoebe Bridgers before this group was announced. Glad I get to experience her music now
It took 2 or 3 listens for it to really click for me. I had heard of Phoebe before but I never gave her much of a listen, but otherwise I did the same thing - Stranger in the Alps is great. On the other hand, I had heard some of Lucy Dacus' music on XMU before and I wasn't that into it...but her voice fits in perfectly with the other 2. The harmonies in Ketchum, ID are fantastic.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Anyone hear the new Tokyo Police Club album? Fairly good return for the Newmarket band, nothing special but fun indie rock. Helped get the taste of that awful new Interpol album out of my mouth (their singer sounds so bad these days).

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Anyone hear the new album by The Coral member Bill Ryder-Jones? Absolutely gut-wrenchingly beautiful slowcore but in a nostalgic rather than depressing way. Gonna go through the guy's entire discography, it's the highest rated UK indie/alternative album this year on RateYourMusic so far. He sounds like the singer from Shack as well, same Liverpool accent and voice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad