Rumor: Berggren about to be traded?

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
If you're going to trade him, now would be the time, his value is probably at its zenith, since he's on a heater. If Compher or Larkin are ready for the next game, and Kane has made Berggren a spare part, sure, see what you can get for him.

Reactions: DamonDRW

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
I don't see why they'd trade him. He should be in that spot Kane is occupying right now.
Burger as much as I love the guy is below Raymond, Kane, DB, Sprong and Fabbri.... With at best a tie with Rasmussen and Perron.

He doesn't have a spot with our top 6, and isn't good enough to truly drive a line him self. I would love to have him wing our 3rd line but they tend to be more shutdown and Burger isn't really fit or have the playstyle to play those lower line roles.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein
Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Burger as much as I love the guy is below Raymond, Kane, DB, Sprong and Fabbri.... With at best a tie with Rasmussen and Perron.

He doesn't have a spot with our top 6, and isn't good enough to truly drive a line him self. I would love to have him wing our 3rd line but they tend to be more shutdown and Burger isn't really fit or have the playstyle to play those lower line roles.
It's not like they're doing much shutting down, might be time to change up the scheme.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
It's not like they're doing much shutting down, might be time to change up the scheme.
Yea I can agree there, but also that shutdown 3rd line was Copp and Veleno who are now our 1st and 2nd line centers because of the injuries.

Maybe a line of Copp, Sprong and Burger could do enough on the 3rd line, but that means you only have 3 spots for Fischer, Kostin, Veleno, Rasmussen, and Perron. So not sure what to do with the bottom 6, the top 6 is pretty clear

Fabs - Larkin - Razor
DB - Comp - Kane
Then 6 of, Copp, Sprong, Burger, Fischer, Kostin, Veleno, Rasmussen, Perron

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I think he should have been on the team this year. We sign all of these veteran players who I admit are pretty damn good. Every one of them. They are a bridge to when our young drafted players prove they are ready. He was just a convenient player to send down so down he went. He proves his scoring ability every time he comes up. He’s not physical, true, but neither are a number of our vets. Room has to be made for him. I think a vet will get more on the trade market anyways. I don’t know which vet should go I like all of them. The wings have some some well paid guys whose job it is is to figure that out. If he goes he goes I guess but I will be a little disappoited

Reactions: CaptainZetterberg40

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I appreciate the goals for sure. I will certainly admit that. I think he needs to establish positioning on defenders more consistently though to keep up the production. You can only live outside so much.

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
This is working under the assumption that this same trade was available to every GM in the league and only the canucks accepted. You can't work under that assumption or you'll kill yourself. Just like Devon Toews and Graves for cheap. Just like the Timo Meier trade. Those were poor value trades that were likely offered to only one team.

Not at all arguing, it would just seem to me a GM would put out a market blast, with some exceptions for divisional opponents. I could be all wet on this one. Just think Z adds something to the blue line.

Again, I am not even a proponent of trading JB.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Not at all arguing, it would just seem to me a GM would put out a market blast, with some exceptions for divisional opponents. I could be all wet on this one. Just think Z adds something to the blue line.

Again, I am not even a proponent of trading JB.

It’s not how it works. There is no Craigslist ads for GM trades. They work the phones and reach out to guys they have pre existing relationships with first.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
It’s not how it works. There is no Craigslist ads for GM trades. They work the phones and reach out to guys they have pre existing relationships with first.
WTB defense. Have hundreds of spare parts in exchange. Very motivated - will include one or more magic beans for the right deal. Disregard BEWARE OF ROBBERY sign on front lawn.

Call 1-800-SLA-NTED. Porch pickup only.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
If you're going to trade him, now would be the time, his value is probably at its zenith, since he's on a heater. If Compher or Larkin are ready for the next game, and Kane has made Berggren a spare part, sure, see what you can get for him.
I believe he will be much better

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
If he gets moved for anything less than a roster upgrade thats a travesty. He is a roster upgrade and losing him without getting better would be bad.

Looking around the league, who is on the trade block? I have seen articles citing hanafin as a possibility, but haven't really seen anything else. Would be somewhat dumb to take the only offer on the table.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Looking around the league, who is on the trade block? I have seen articles citing hanafin as a possibility, but haven't really seen anything else. Would be somewhat dumb to take the only offer on the table.

Rumours what I've seen are multiple Flames players. Then there was some Philly talk. Also team who have changed coaches could be on play, but usually a guy like STL Bannister promotes from farm team, will want some familiar players up from the AHL farm they know.

Maybe crazy-trading Canucks are involved also in this. Swedish GM Patrik Allvin would know the swedes and could be interested.

I don't really believe in Berggren-trade. He'll be mostly injury callup and play at AHL. Yzerman will make room for next season as full regular. When Perron is let walk, the spot is there.

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad