Rumor: Berggren about to be traded?

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
his value's only gonna keep getting lower at this point the longer he stays in the AHL

the Wings should absolutely be looking into trading him if they don't want to play him

Oct 18, 2006
Would hate to lose Berggren. But I feel it’s almost inevitable. He looked really good last season (at least to start) and showed his clear NHL talent. Could definitely see him being a 60 point guy in this league and it’s going to hurt to lose him. Has genuine skill and hockey sense. Downside is obviously his lack of strength and defensive play, but I feel you try and make him work in the line-up because his skill is a real asset.

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
I can see him getting dealt at some point but I'd rather keep him on the team,still think hes got upside

He scored 15 goals as a rookie and at this point I'd rather keep him around over the likes of Rasmussen and veleno who I see as bottom 6 guys. I dont see berggren being here longterm unless the prospects fail but I see him being a 40-50 pt guy with his skill.

He should be playing with guys who can put the puck in the net with his recall I just hope it's not for 4th line duties

letsgowings9999

May 13, 2023
his value's only gonna keep getting lower at this point the longer he stays in the AHL

the Wings should absolutely be looking into trading him if they don't want to play him
What we going to get? A late 2nd if were lucky?a 3rd? A 23 yr old who rotates between nhl and ahl?

I'd rather just keep him and the play the kid hes got skill but this is what happens when you give too many guys longer term deals

He doesnt belong on the 4th line and I sadly cant see see yzerman making room for him on the top 3 lines anytime soon

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Kinda thought Burgers was Fabbri injury insurance. If we ship him out, hope it is part of a package that brings back a useful piece. Otherwise hold on to him.

Reactions: lgrws91

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Good, send him packing. We don't need p***yes in the organization. Maybe he can go find a rink in Europe without any corners where he won't be required to stop his feet.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Berggren is the exact kind of young player that gets moved in bigger packages with other assets. Hes not going to make or break the wings rebuild, but hes a young guy, NHL ready with legit top 6 upside. You throw a pick or some other assets with him and you can definitely get teams talking

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
Berggren as a throw in could be scary. Madison Bowey was a throw in, he sucked. Jake Walman was a throw in, and has turned into a real find.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Berggren+2024 1st+Kasper+2024 2nd for Petterson or Hanafin? Is that enough for either?
Berggren+2024 1st seems like an overpayment enough for hanifin when you factor he won’t resign with Calgary, has stated he wants out, and what they traded zadorov for.

Plus I think I read somewhere that they will need defense because they don’t really have any and don’t have any good defense prospects either

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Suspended players still count against the roster limit. His suspension doesn't create any roster room.
Emergency rules apply if the team falls below 12 forwards or 6 defensemen, even if it's because of a suspension.

He has to go through waivers next season, so a decision will be made.

Berggren as a throw in could be scary. Madison Bowey was a throw in, he sucked. Jake Walman was a throw in, and has turned into a real find.
Meh, what's clear is that Burger isn't gonna get it playing for Lalonde. Much like Sprong. He's gonna get healthy scratched by multiple teams, and maybe eventually play a little defense once he hits free agency and realizes how low the market value is for a player that doesn't battle for pucks or play any defense.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
Realistically, he's part of a trade package. Possibly for D upgrade. Would love to see something around Hanifin. Could see Söderblom traded as well, along with Albert Johansson. Olli Määtä would probably also be included.

1702281235369.png

Berggren+2024 1st+Kasper+2024 2nd for Petterson or Hanafin? Is that enough for either?

Gotta bury our Petterson hopes as long as VAN doesn’t fall off a cliff. And you’re not getting him for that package. Franchise center with selke potential. The price would be astronomical, you’d have to add Edvinsson at least.

Package him up for Lindholm with a resigning.

- Won't ever look back and be sad.

Not trying to get on you, but this Lindholm business is really annoying me. We have spent 7 long f***in years waiting for unproductive players in their 30s to come off our books and putting us in a position to make good decisions. And what happens?! Just when we are sniffing success again for the first time in forever ppl want to go right back to taking on a big UFA deal for a 29yo second line center. Same brick wall. Did we learn nothing???

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Package him up for Lindholm with a resigning.

- Won't ever look back and be sad.

Berggren + Copp + Maatta + Husso + 1st 2024 + 3rd 2026

For

Markstrom + Lindholm

I’d be happy with Berggren for Xhekaj after Ottawa. Getting tired of that shit team gooning it up against Detroit.

Reactions: 14ari13

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Berggren + Copp + Maatta + Husso + 1st 2024 + 3rd 2026

For

Markstrom + Lindholm

I’d be happy with Berggren for Xhekaj after Ottawa. Getting tired of that shit team gooning it up against Detroit.

Ohhh... Geeze I'd prolly take that too. It's been pretty apparent vs the Senators the last 5 games (going back last year) that as long as Ottawa is physical, Red Wings will struggle... and teams like the Panthers/Rangers/Bruins haven't even really turned it up yet who can also be very physical.

One player won't change everything, but a guy like Xhekaj/Folingo/etc they help. Red Wings need a little grit in the line-up. Kostin's tough, but again, need more than 1. 1 guy doesn't solve everything.

People prolyl hate him, but Tom Wilson would really be something. Real grit in the top six.

Last edited:

DTR

Dec 13, 2021
I like Berggren but based on how the team is constructed I’m not sure there is much room for another perimeter oriented forward. He is also 23 and not an Yzerman draft pick. On his own I don’t think there is a ton of value but he is a nice B prospect in a package for a big piece.

Also, when you look at fit in the near team it’s hard to not see him as the odd man out. If Danielson or Kasper make the team next year it’ll likely he in top nine roles on the wing. And then you have Mazur and Soderblom, each of which provide a different element than Berggren. I think the writing is on the wall for him, sadly.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Not trying to get on you, but this Lindholm business is really annoying me. We have spent 7 long f***in years waiting for unproductive players in their 30s to come off our books and putting us in a position to make good decisions. And what happens?! Just when we are sniffing success again for the first time in forever ppl want to go right back to taking on a big UFA deal for a 29yo second line center. Same brick wall. Did we learn nothing???
Well F you then buddy. Lol. Who cares if you're annoyed?

Sitting here acting like you know for sure a player will be unproductive is hilarious. You dont know that, Let alone comparing Lindholm to past signings like Nielson/Green/Daley/Abdelkader, etc. IT's not comparable. It's just a correlation without any interpretations of how good the players are.

I'm not even sure you watch Lindholm if you don't' understand his value. (He's the better version of Compher)

I'd go after a better forward/center but idk who that guy is that's available right now.

Not my fault you have trauma over the past and can't sit and look at a good player. Don't know for sure but you were prolly the same guy that whined when Compher was signed, etc. Or... even Kane.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: MiddleEarth

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
The whole Lindholm thing sounds great if you sign him as FA for a shorter contract.

What about something around Berggren + Johanson + a pick for Hanafin?

Reactions: Winged Wheel Willy

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway

Sitting here acting like you know for sure a player will be unproductive is hilarious. You dont know that, Let alone comparing Lindholm to past signings like Nielson/Green/Daley/Abdelkader, etc. IT's not comparable. It's just a correlation without any interpretations of how good the players are.

I'm not even sure you watch Lindholm if you don't' understand his value. (He's the better version of Compher)

I'd go after a better forward/center but idk who that guy is that's available right now.

Not my fault you have trauma over the past and can't sit and look at a good player. Don't know for sure but you were prolly the same guy that whined when Compher was signed, etc. Or... even Kane.
Unless Copp is moved, I wouldn't sign any more centers that will cost +5M

Reactions: Winged Wheel Willy

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

I think he has a point about being cautious regarding non-star 2nd line, good two-way center types .. our track record isnt great

I'd prefer a goalie or dman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad