Rumor: Berggren about to be traded?

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Either play him or trade him. He's an NHL player.
He just has no room in our top 6 and I don’t think lalonde trusts him enough and at this point, I don’t think you can get his trust anymore. Whether that is lalonde being hard nosed on it or berggren really is not showing enough, idk. But he is a great trade piece for a better player that is a few years older.

Sucks cuz I wanted him to be our nicklas backstrom with the passes he can clearly make but they are few and far in between unfortunately

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
He just has no room in our top 6 and I don’t think lalonde trusts him enough and at this point, I don’t think you can get his trust anymore. Whether that is lalonde being hard nosed on it or berggren really is not showing enough, idk. But he is a great trade piece for a better player that is a few years older.

Sucks cuz I wanted him to be our nicklas backstrom with the passes he can clearly make but they are few and far in between unfortunately
Trust is easy to get with Lalonde. Just be older.

Also, any top 6 that has Veleno, or Perron in it could just as easily have Berggren in it.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I hope any trade will also open up a spot for Edvinsson.
Maybe something like Maatta and Berggren for a prospect or a draft pick, or maybe even an RD. If it is not for a star forward or an RD, we are already covered.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
We need a player like Petterson. Sell the farm and picks. A goalie. Another real defenseman.Press the gas!

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Berggren + Maatta + 2nd for Noah Hanifin
I would do this in a heartbeat. Lets get nutty and add a 1st + husso + copp for markstrom so we can clear cap, potentially fix goalie scenario and get better defense. Bring up ed and trade another D

Then trade reimer for pick/s and call it a day.

We need a player like Petterson. Sell the farm and picks. A goalie. Another real defenseman.Press the gas!
With how Vancouver is playing, pettersson is clearly unavailable.

Would trade for him regardless

Reactions: Steve Yzerlland

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I agree with Perron but veleno has been playing extremely well and has shown he plays in the top 6 better than berggren did
And Perron isn't playing top 6.

Burger won't battle for the puck or play defense. That's why Lalonde isn't playing him. Elmer has similar issues.

The age argument is ridiculous, Burger is older than Mo and Ray. Same age as Joey (same draft).

Burger is Sprong V2.0, he won't bring back much in return without significant add.

Veleno is on pace for fewer points in 82 games this season than what Berggren put up in only 67 games last season. And Bergie didn't get many top line shifts...

Correct. But totally different players. Veleno brings beef, speed, fore check and good defense. Things we need and don’t have much of. Berggren brings exclusively scoring which we are not lacking. He still has a junior body and is super easy to knock of the puck. Plus he’s had a horrific camp and the short nhl stint this year has also been bad. I’m all for trading him, if it gets us an upgrade on D or in goal.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
I can't see Berggren fetching us anything worth getting excited for. Imagine it was though? That'd be exciting 🤣

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
Yeah, simply because just every tenth or twentieth of them really makes it. That’s why teams throw them around, hoping the new one fits better than the previous one.

That being said, I wouldn‘t give up on Berggren yet. Not forcibly trade him for something else. But as part of a deal that’s clearly a win - sure, ship him out.

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
I dont necessarily wanna give up on Berggren just yet, but if he's part of a package to bring in even more firepower or defense, or even solid goaltending? You gotta do it.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
I mean, if the value isn't there. We don't have to trade him, Yzerman seems pretty willing to accommodate but Berggren is young and very cost controlled so I don't see the urgency to move him unless we are getting a nice upgrade. If so then I'm all for it.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
This is sometimes why you stockpile prospects if given the chance, to make your team better. If they lose him, it hurts a little but won’t be a significant loss to their prospect depth. Just don’t overpay.

I will also add in that a trade might be the best thing for this team. Shake it up a bit, send a message. Yzerman might have a little Bowman in him, I mean he did learn something from the man.

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013

I'm confused by his comment that Berggren, Czarnik, and Aston-Reese are likely to be called up tomorrow. The Red Wings have a full roster. Putting Larkin and Compher on IR allows them to call two of those players up. I don't see how they can call up all three unless there's another injury that we're not aware of.

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
I'm confused by his comment that Berggren, Czarnik, and Aston-Reese are likely to be called up tomorrow. The Red Wings have a full roster. Putting Larkin and Compher on IR allows them to call two of those players up. I don't see how they can call up all three unless there's another injury that we're not aware of.
Perron suspension is pretty likely as well.

Reactions: Oddbob

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2