Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Montreal in the hunt for the Presisdent's trophy? :amazed:

Not sure about that yet...

But MB has the Habs #1 in the NHL as of tonight. :handclap:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I remember many people around here hated the Weise deal and couldn't believe we gave up on Diaz.
Omg soo many people here were even making a case for Diaz to be in our top 4 :facepalm: Thank god MB is smarter than that!

Lightthrower

Omg soo many people here were even making a case for Diaz to be in our top 4 :facepalm: Thank god MB is smarter than that!

Well, Diaz was young and not too bad at the time, could've become a good D. However, Weise is already LEGEND! Awesome contract, great presence on the ice and still pretty young at 26, he'll be a Habs for a long time.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Great GM. Couldn't have asked for better to be honest. The team has gotten consistently better every season and he's only half way there.

Comparing our current roster to our roster when he took over the team is pretty funny.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Yeah let's define MB by signing Briere, Moen (re-sign) and PK's (bridge and current) contract. And oh yeah Gilbert who's nowhere near as bad as people say he is.

Name me a GM who hit's a homerun with every single move.

MB's been unreal as a GM anyone else who says different is absolutely ridiculous and just needs to get laid more.

When McCarron, Scherbak, DLR, etc. mature this team can be an utter powerhouse.

This board makes me sick and I hope you haters die in the midst of choking on a screen shot of our salary cap while critiquing Interstellar IV.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Yeah let's define MB by signing Briere, Moen (re-sign) and PK's (bridge and current) contract. And oh yeah Gilbert who's nowhere near as bad as people say he is.

Name me a GM who hit's a homerun with every single move.

MB's been unreal as a GM anyone else who says different is absolutely ridiculous and just needs to get laid more.

When McCarron, Scherbak, DLR, etc. mature this team can be an utter powerhouse.

This board makes me sick and I hope you haters die in the midst of choking on a screen shot of our salary cap while critiquing Interstellar IV.

Ummm dude the thread is generally positive ...

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He's done a lot of good moves. I was thinking last night...Parenteau, Weise, Gonchar all key contributors to win over Flyers. All acquired for nothing. Briere was a free agent, Diaz was a late pick and Moan a free agent. We get late pick back in Briere trade, so all 3 for nil assets given up.

Last edited:

marvelousmotion

Nov 29, 2003
Visit site
As for Tokarski, he made the right decision in keeping him. It may not have been as monumental as Gauthier's trading Halak (instead of Price) for Eller but it was a wise decision. (That's not a typo.)

He not only chose Tokarski over Budaj, what's impressive is that he got him for Cedrick Desjardins.

Bergevin has been pretty good. The Cole for Ryder + 3rd and Briere for PAP + 5th trades show smart asset management.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
He's made some bad signings, but what GM hasn't? The good thing about MB is his lack of stubbornness imo. His ego didn't prevent him from shipping out Briere, letting Murray walk etc etc. Out of all his bad moves, none of them have been long-term crippling. The only thing he did wrong in a major way is Subban, imagine us with another 5million in capspace while we're amongst the best teams in the league. Now is the time we needed those extra $ to get additional assets for a run. Oh well, the important thing here is we still have PK.

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
one of the best decisions Bergy has made that has gone unnoticed is his ability to recognize the talent he has within his scouting staff, and in fact gave Timmins a promotion if I recall

It would be tempting for any new GM to bring in his own guy.

What gets me even more excited is the future of our team with what looks like some legit prospects, here is a partial list

Scherback ...tearing it up in Everett
Mccarron....finding his game ith the Knights
Ghetto.....despite the coach
Bozon... off the a promising pro start
Nygren
Dietz... my dark horse to be a solid Hab Dman ina few years

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
So far, it appears he's done a good job. He's also made some so, so moves, but that is to be expected, nobody is perfect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad