Confirmed with Link: Bergevin, Timmins & Paul Wilson Fired & Jeff Gorton Hired As EVP of Hockey Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Radulov loved Montreal. He played for the Remparts for 2 seasons, and was hoping to be drafted in Montreal. He wanted to stay, but Bergevin disrespected him publicly during the negotiation, so he took the better option.

Totally wrong. The guy used Montréal as a spring board to come back to the NHL . Nobody wanted to hire him. Only Montréal and Detroit. That is why MB used the dog analogy.

Reactions: Vachon23

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Totally wrong. The guy used Montréal ass spring board to come back to the NHL . Nobody wanted to hire him. Only Montréal and Detroit.

He was probably the best all-round forward while he was in Montreal, and the Stars seem to like him...

Reactions: the

Mr Mom

Sep 17, 2014
So many questions going forward.

How will this affect the futures of the likes of Gallagher/Price/Petry?

Does Gorton bring in staff now to get a headstart on the draft/trade deadline?

Does an extra layer between the owner and the team reduce Molson's influence?

How exactly will Gorton and the new GM separate their duties? (Could get spicy)

How will Habs fans en masse react to having a non french speaking president?

Will we finally get an honest to God rebuild, communicated as such?

What happens to Ducharme?

Will we be able to come up with a more clever nickname than Bargain Bin?
BarginBin IS a very clever nickname.
It's accurate, and perhaps more importantly.
It's a tribute to the man that came up with it.
One of my favorite old time posters....
WhiskeySeven. (Sp?)

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
He was a huge reason why they made the playoffs that year. MB low balled him and he went to Dallas. He said he loved it in Montreal so you're right about that.
Radulov once said he loved it in Nash before bolting for Russia

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia

I'm sure this has been posted before but if this is true it's fantastic news

If the GM is going to manage the rosters transactions etc then how is it Gordon's team. I don't understand what the hell this means. And when has a VP of hockey operations been the one who's made trades and signings. Doesn't the general manager always do that? I hope that Molson has the gall to out a puppet in place to please the Francophones who will accept losing over winning with the best candidate regardless of language or heritage but I'm struggling to believe that would be the case. Who is going to agree to be a GM and accept GM awards for someone elses accomplishments in a position involving competitive sports. I just don't see the manager not being the one building the team

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
He bolted for Russia because of ice off issues. Totally different situation.
He bolted for tax free Russian rubles, his agent had found a way around “the issues”…

On 11 July 2008, it was announced that although Radulov was still under contract with the Nashville Predators for one more season, he had signed a three-year contract with Salavat Yulaev Ufa of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL), which would be extended to four years. Radulov had previously notified the Predators organization of his desire to play in Russia, stating that he was being offered better terms & conditions.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
This is looking like the Habs is Gorton’s team.

If you think that Roy will come in and answer and follow Gorton’s plan, you guys are wrong.

Roy would want complete control.

This is exactly why Roy will not get an NHL job as a GM. The idea that one person runs an organization is archaic. Any well run organization is a team. It may have a leader but all that will be fluid depending on what decisions are being made. There needs to be discussion and give and take... I'm sure this is what Gorton will be building in MTL. It's the only way to be successful.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Yes!! Yeeeeesssssssss!!! YYYEEEESSSSS!! FINALLY! This feels even better than getting to the cup finals. So good.

Can we please get it right this time and hire the best staff possible?! Make a real plan. Vision. Start drafting and developing properly!

Ducharme said it best when he said "mmmppppfff mmmmmff mmm mmmm shit I'm next mmmrrpphh mmmerrrrmmp"
Nope has to be french

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lol 91.9 are saying that Bergevin and Timmins will easily find others jobs (as in equal positions).

Lol, all these years of suck are not enough?

We need them to find new positions.

Who else is going to overvalue some of the turds they’re leaving behind and facilitate a trade with new management.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Martin Madden Jr is my first choice. He is very good at draft. Alain Chainey can be a very good replacement to Trevor Timmins too. I really like what Anaheim do at draft.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

This part of the MB regime that bothered me a lot. Here is Mitch's response:

MB's team was protected by local media. Lebrun, Engles, Lavoie all kissed ass and over showered the team with praises they didn't deserve. They became a propoganda arm.

@dinodebino you're gonna love this one

Totally shocked.

Insert the sarcasm meme.

Reactions: Runner77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad