Confirmed with Link: Bergevin, Timmins & Paul Wilson Fired & Jeff Gorton Hired As EVP of Hockey Ops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Hoping to get more clarity on Gorton’s role today during Molson’s presser.

Not sure if he was concerned about a pushback with the anglo American VP angle, but Gorton was treated as a bit of an afterthought in that official team announcement. Odd wording in “retained” and in “during this process.” Almost implies it’s nothing more than a temporary consultant role.

Again, perhaps he’s being intentionally cautious due to the anglo angle..

I’m hoping this is truly Jeff Gorton’s team.

Reactions: Runner77

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Not sure if he was concerned about a pushback with the anglo American VP angle, but Gorton was treated as a bit of an afterthought in that official team announcement. Odd wording in “retained” and in “during this process.” Almost implies it’s nothing more than a temporary consultant role.

I'm sure that the media will focus heavily on the language thing today, with the premier having a word.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

It seems like connected media (Seravalli just wrote one) seem to believe Gorton will be de facto GM.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
lol ok. I guess you don’t know Patrick Roy. If people here tought that Bergevin was a egomaniac, wait for Roy.

Roy is completely different from Bergevin, stop creating links that don't exist.

Roy won 4 cups as a player, 1 memorial cup as GM-Coach. Bergevin won one cup in a low-level role.

Does Roy have an ego? For sure, but it's more than a fashion ego.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Wasn’t the guy Wilson replaced, Daniel Beauchamp, employing similar strong arm tactics that he justified as a means of protecting the brand? Habs have always strived to turn the media into a propaganda arm. How was Wilson any different?
Same tune from Donald. The Org has always played it tough. And now, because of media concentration (not a lot of media groups going around, and most have a vested interest in the Habs success), it’s easier to control.

Reactions: Runner77

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
I know this doesn't mean much but seriously guys...

It's Trevor TIMMINS. Not Timmons, Timens, Timmans...TIMMINS. The guy's been here for 20 years and somehow folks still seem to spell his name wrong.

Then it's GORTON...not GORTEN.

/vent done

So i've had some time to push this around in my head and knowing how Molson operated with MB, I'm not 100% sold on Gorton being the savior. I know we're all wrapped up in the fact that MB and his cronies are finally out but...we've been here before. Can it be worse?

Reactions: Andy

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I really hope the media gives Gorton a chance and doesn't crap on him for the next year because he doesn't speak French.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I know this doesn't mean much but seriously guys...

It's Trevor TIMMINS. Not Timmons, Timens, Timmans...TIMMINS. The guy's been here for 20 years and somehow folks still seem to spell his name wrong.

Then it's GORTON...not GORTEN.

/vent done

So i've had some time to push this around in my head and knowing how Molson operated with MB, I'm not 100% sold on Gorton being the savior. I know we're all wrapped up in the fact that MB and his cronies are finally out but...we've been here before. Can it be worse?

I haven't read any post about Gorton being the savior. I think what we're all hoping is that new blood gives the team some direction moving forward. Gorton has showed in the past that he pick a direction and stick to it. Hopefully he brings that here.

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad