TSN: Bergevin open to trading a forward.

Willis88

Oct 5, 2011
Philadelphia
Drouin is a great talent, no doubt about it. But he doesn't seem to fit the actual mold of the team.

Could he be disposible?? If so, i would try and solve our LHD issue by trading him. At the same time, i am ready to give him all the time he needs to reach his potential as the Habs are not going to be competitive this season and next's. So i would not sell him cheap and the return would need to be worth it.

Would something around him and Nurse be something workable?? I know Edmonton need more D not less but since they got Bouchard and there are rumblings about Nurse maybe being disponible??

Any other lhd from other teams that can fit in that kind of trade??

https://www.tsn.ca/insider-trading-habs-open-to-trading-a-forward-1.1190309
Not to be a smartass but what exactly is the mold of the team?

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
Its only going to be a minor trade. One of our fringe players. Drouin, Gallagher are not going anywhere

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Want nothing to do with Drouin.

Puljujarvi + 2nd for Gallagher is something I would propose. Not sure what Habs fans think.

member 290103

Sweet, Bergy is open to trading some of his shitty overpriced forwards.

I think I'll start a thread that Benning is open to trading Sam Gagner.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
:habs
Jake Gardiner+Extension

:leafs
Jonathan Drouin

Edit: Just realized the premise of the Habs trading a forward is to cut down the # of forwards on their roster.

Ducks counter that easily. I’ll give you Cam Fowler since they need a LHD. He can fill our third line role if Sam Steel doesn’t work out.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
That’s the problem with some of y’all. You add picks and other stuff that isn’t necessary and make it confusing. Teams can do a straight up swap like one leaf fan suggested and I suggested.

Gardiner for Drouin or Fowler for Drouin = easy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad