TSN: Bergevin open to trading a forward.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Fair point, but I still don't think that diminishes the value of the player. I don't think you accept less because of this situation. There would be teams lining up for a crack at a potential franchise player becoming available at 22.

Realistically, we will sign him, and Marner and Matthews as well. All the doom and gloom is overplayed for drama.

I don't see us dealing Nylander unless we're getting at least one high end but lower potential player back as part of the package. I'm looking at Mete/Drouin types.

I'm a Nylander fan so i would trade Drouin for Nylander straight up. And off course value wise, i would do Mete for Nylander but we can't afford to trade a lhd when it is our biggest hole on the roster.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Nylander for Petry + makes sense but that + will be tough to agree on
Assuming montreal wants to keeper their 1st and don't have a great prospect pool the only + i can think would make sense is Suzuki which i doubt habs would want to move either

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
The thing is Montreal is in no shape to trade from a position of weakness (LHD) for yet another winger. Drouin/Nylander is a lateral move considering their production and asked salaries. At this point I would rather keep the 5.5M hometown boy Drouin over the 7.5M Nylander.

Also, I would definitely not call Nylander a franchise player. He’s a 1st liner, but is so far away from being a franchise player.

I would personnaly take Nylander over Drouin, even with a 2M$ difference in salaries.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Nylander for Petry + makes sense but that + will be tough to agree on
Assuming montreal wants to keeper their 1st and don't have a great prospect pool the only + i can think would make sense is Suzuki which i doubt habs would want to move either

Drouin + Petry for Nylander + Dermott is the only way i can see it working for both teams.

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
Drouin + Petry for Nylander + Dermott is the only way i can see it working for both teams.

as a leafs fan id say the leafs value dermott to much
i don't think they actually want to move Nylander and then having to add dermott would make it worse
i also don't think they'd have interest in Drouin . good player , could be great but they don't need more scoring and long term i don't think it makes the cap situation any easier
at least with a player like suzuki they get a lot more control

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
as a leafs fan id say the leafs value dermott to much
i don't think they actually want to move Nylander and then having to add dermott would make it worse
i also don't think they'd have interest in Drouin . good player , could be great but they don't need more scoring and long term i don't think it makes the cap situation any easier
at least with a player like suzuki they get a lot more control

So Suzuki + Petry for Nylander and Dermott?

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Drouin doesn’t fit with the Habs? He doesn’t fit with any team.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Hence the add, I'm sure he'd be pretty easy to resign, he hasn't had many contract disputes nor has he vocally said anything about preferring one destination to another. Alternatively, I'd offer Zibanejad one for one with no add

Hayes starter is NHL career with a dispute, nice try.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
.... This segment had nothing to do with Drouin. It's about the Habs moving a depth forward as a couple of guys are coming back from injury. Nothing exciting. Try proposals for DeLaRose, Scherbak, Deslauriers, etc.

Reactions: Captain97

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
People should know he isn't looking to trade a forward for a roster player. The whole reason he is trying to trade a player is cuz he is gonna need to waive a guy in the next few days when what's his name comes off ir.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
If the Habs trade a forward, it's probably gonna end up being someone at the bottom of the roster for a conditional 7th. They just have too many forwards at the NHL level when everyone is healthy, right?

I doubt that means they're gonna trade Drouin or Gallagher.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Why would we want to pay Nylander $8M+?

Dunno how we go from 'MB wants to trade a winger' to 'let's acquire Nylander'.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad