TSN: Bergevin open to trading a forward.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Pens could give Maatta for Drouin. Maybe a little more and Habs likely would have to retain some salary for the Pens to be able to fit Drouin.

Drouin would fix our LW problem and I think he would be a great fit with either Malkin or Brassard.

Reactions: ColePens

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
It will be a minor move, scherbak, dlr, Shaw etc

Yeah, most probably. That being said, of the 3, i'm pretty sure it will be Scherbak. I'm pretty confident team sees DLR as the perfect 4th line C for the future. Scherbak has talent but his work ethic is so bad he will never reach his ceiling offensively. And i'm not talking about his defensive play...

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
If you want us to retain, no doubt you would need to add your 2019 1st pick.

Which is not something I would be opposed to. I dunno if the Pens would do it, but I certainly would think about it. Drouin makes our already nearly unstoppable offense complete, no more holes at all. Losing Maatta would suck, but the emergence of Riikola could make him expendable. A guy like Simon could also be involved. I think a deal could be reached.

Guentzel - Crosby - Sprong
Drouin - Malkin - Hornqvist
Hagelin - Brassard - Kessel
Cullen - Sheahan - Rust

We basically would have three first lines :laugh:

It is unlikely, but it would be swell.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
If you took back Sekera as a cap dump and made it top 10 protected, I would seriously look at that. 90% chance I pull the trigger. This is a very attractive deal for us because Pulju will probably be ruined under the **** coach that is Todd Mclellan. It's probably best for us and Pulju (no head coaching changes) to trade him elsewhere, preferably in the East.

No problem for Sekera but if we take him, we need that pick to stay top 5 protected. If you absolutely need to make it top 10 protected, i would ask for something more, like a 2nd rounder or a prospect like Jones.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
No problem for Sekera but if we take him, we need that pick to stay top 5 protected. If you absolutely need to make it top 10 protected, i would ask for something more, like a 2nd rounder or a prospect like Jones.
Alright, my counter:

Sekera + Pulju + 1st (top 10 protected) + 2020 2nd + Caggiula

For

Drouin + Scherbak

Last edited:

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
MB wont trade Drouin yet. Hes on the wing for the first time for them. Give him a chance.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Cmon now...You get the younger player in both instance, and the gap between Nylander and Gally dwarfs the gap between Petry and Dermott.

I agree but Leafs are in a delicate spot with Nylander. And quite frankly, i don't think Leafs need more raw talent upfront. A player like Gallagher would be a better fit just by the way he plays night in night out and his leadership. And quite frankly, goal scoring wise, you don't lose trading Nylander for Gallagher.

Petry for Dermott is another story. I could understand why Leafs don't want to trade him but Petry solves a big issue for the Leafs.

All in all, Leafs get out of a problem with Nylander and fills needs (top 4 RHD with experience) and grit and leadership with Gallagher. Habs get younger talents that fit the team's rebuild.

Reactions: CDN24

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I agree but Leafs are in a delicate spot with Nylander. And quite frankly, i don't think Leafs need more raw talent upfront. A player like Gallagher would be a better fit just by the way he plays night in night out and his leadership. And quite frankly, goal scoring wise, you don't lose trading Nylander for Gallagher.

Petry for Dermott is another story. I could understand why Leafs don't want to trade him but Petry solves a big issue for the Leafs.

All in all, Leafs get out of a problem with Nylander and fills needs (top 4 RHD with experience) and grit and leadership with Gallagher. Habs get younger talents that fit the team's rebuild.

Nylander isn't a problem player, he's a holdout. Same way Gaudreau was, same way Trouba was, same way Doughty was.

Being a holdout doesn't mean your team needs to panic and trade you for pennies on the dollar. I would love Petry and Gally, but panic trading a talent like Nylander to your rival for partial value is just awful asset management.

I don't have any issues with a deal where we bring in Petry and Gally, and move some younger guys, but Nylander is not the type of player you trade in those circumstances.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
MB wont trade Drouin yet. Hes on the wing for the first time for them. Give him a chance.

I'm pretty sure you are right. I like his talent alot and quite frankly, we need more talent on that team. But i still think if the right trade comes up, MB needs to do it.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com

He'd be pretty stupid to move on from Drouin, indeed. Unless a crazy offer came, that is. It likely won't though.

Maatta + 1st or Sprong is the best offer I would give from a Pittsburgh point of view and I am not sure JR would be willing to do it. Bergevin might not either. Value-wise, it is okay, problem is there would be a huge PR backlash.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Alright, my counter:

Sekera + Pulju + 1st (top 10 protected) + Jones + Caggiula

For

Drouin + Scherbak

If I take that deal it’s with no protection on the 1st.

Also, take out Jones & Caggiula and add a 2nd. We got too many active roster players as of now we can’t add 3

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Nylander isn't a problem player, he's a holdout. Same way Gaudreau was, same way Trouba was, same way Doughty was.

Being a holdout doesn't mean your team needs to panic and trade you for pennies on the dollar. I would love Petry and Gally, but panic trading a talent like Nylander to your rival for partial value is just awful asset management.

I don't have any issues with a deal where we bring in Petry and Gally, and move some younger guys, but Nylander is not the type of player you trade in those circumstances.

Yeah that's what i meant to say. He's a holdout. But there is a reason he is a holdout and this is a particular situation where Leafs don't want to pay him what he wants because there are 2 other players they see being more important to the team than him that will get big money. So this is not the same situation as Gaudreau or Doughty as they were their team's franchise players.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Yeah that's what i meant to say. He's a holdout. But there is a reason he is a holdout and this is a particular situation where Leafs don't want to pay him what he wants because there are 2 other players they see being more important to the team than him that will get big money. So this is not the same situation as Gaudreau or Doughty as they were their team's franchise players.

Fair point, but I still don't think that diminishes the value of the player. I don't think you accept less because of this situation. There would be teams lining up for a crack at a potential franchise player becoming available at 22.

Realistically, we will sign him, and Marner and Matthews as well. All the doom and gloom is overplayed for drama.

I don't see us dealing Nylander unless we're getting at least one high end but lower potential player back as part of the package. I'm looking at Mete/Drouin types.

FinnishCoyote

Jan 3, 2017
Arizona has some nice LHD prospects in Chychrun, Joseph and Capobianco. Could there be a deal between someking of a package and Drouin.

We also have Golikoski, but i think he is a bit too old for the Habs

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Fair point, but I still don't think that diminishes the value of the player. I don't think you accept less because of this situation. There would be teams lining up for a crack at a potential franchise player becoming available at 22.

Realistically, we will sign him, and Marner and Matthews as well. All the doom and gloom is overplayed for drama.

I don't see us dealing Nylander unless we're getting at least one high end but lower potential player back as part of the package. I'm looking at Mete/Drouin types.

The thing is Montreal is in no shape to trade from a position of weakness (LHD) for yet another winger. Drouin/Nylander is a lateral move considering their production and asked salaries. At this point I would rather keep the 5.5M hometown boy Drouin over the 7.5M Nylander.

Also, I would definitely not call Nylander a franchise player. He’s a 1st liner, but is so far away from being a franchise player.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Arizona has some nice LHD prospects in Chychrun, Joseph and Capobianco. Could there be a deal between someking of a package and Drouin.

We also have Golikoski, but i think he is a bit too old for the Habs

I would ask for Joseph and Ari 2019 1st (top 3 protected).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->