Confirmed with Link: Bergevin meeting with the media at 5:30 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
"How can you even compare giving a vote of confidence to your head coach versus a player??? This is just unreal!"

You're supporting management, not the team. The team includes management, coaches, players, scouts, etc. The horn you're blowing is all sour notes.

Give us a trade scenario where the team is better off trading PK, please.

I would do the trade if Oilers offer Draisaitl + 4 pick + Klefbom/Nurse and we keep our 9 pick.

This move would give us a lot of cap space and then we can improvise .

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
1. He doesn't have to be, but you have to give, to get
2. If this is what it takes to get PLD, it's a marketing wet dream for ownership.. a couple young bucks thrown in with a pick, is icing on the cake.
Totally insane to even think about dealing Subban in order to get a good but not elite prospect like PLD. If we want to go after him... great. But there has to be a better way to do it than to give up Subban.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I would do the trade if Oilers offer Draisaitl + 4 pick + Klefbom/Nurse and we keep our 9 pick.

This move would give us a lot of cap space and then we can improvise .

I'll give you that our offense is better on paper. Let's also not forget that we're losing 55-65 points from Subban. Also, what will happen to our defense? You can't improvise to replace a Norris winner.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
They didn't trade up for Drouin or Huberdeau by doing stupid trades, I don't see why it would be any different now.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'll give you that our offense is better on paper. Let's also not forget that we're losing 55-65 points from Subban. Also, what will happen too our defense? You can't improvise to replace a Norris winner.

Klefbom-Petry
Markov-Emelin
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Barberio

Juulsen is on his way . I agree that loosing Subban is bad but let's just say we get Drasaitl, PLD and Keller or Brown or they can draft a stud D with the 9 pick .

The point is that we have way too much cap invested in our D with a Hall of famer in net. With Price in net we should be good .

And we could even go after Stamkos with all the cash we would get..

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I didn't see the conference but judging from the responses it wasn't worth seeing. Sounds like a typical BargainBin press conference.

On Subban being dealt: Says "no" but in a way that can be left for people to still find reasons to misinterpret his true goal rather than growing a pair and giving a flat out "No. Never going to happen".

For people making excuses that he can't say that just in case an over the moon type offer becomes available, nobody is going to complain if Bergevin trades Subban along with a jar of vaseline for a kings ransom even if he says "Never going to happen!". If it makes the team much better and the other GM gets bent over, people won't care that a day prior he said he wouldn't do it, they'll just care about the result of the GM doing his damn job.

As for anything related to UFA's, trades, drafting an elite player where we pick: Typical Bergevin excuses "dats too hard in the league today", apparently he's or GM but the only thing he's good at is making excuses as to why he can't do his job, while other GM's seem perfectly capable of doing the things he claims he can't do.

Did I miss anything? Or was it his typical BS schpeel?

Are you aware that we're in 2016? If Bergevin says "PK is not gonna be traded 100%" , in 5 minutes it will be known on Mars .

So what after? He calls the 29 other GM's and tells them that it was a joke , just for the media?

Or the 29 other GM's call him asking if it was a joke just for the media?

Like what's the point in saying he's not available 100%?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Hearing all these rumours at first I really thought it was a joke. Is the Montreal management really this freaking dumb?!? Wow....the backlash from a trade like this would be crazy. What if the french hero draft pick #4 busts? Who the heck will play d? If I'm Price I pack my bags from now, no chance I resign with them.

This needs a GM with balls to actually come out and say "no chance I will trade Subban" just like how he said MT will not get fired & he had the worst runs in franchise history. F this team....:rant:

In response to the question do you think its realistic that you will trade PK MB said

"NO"

Thats not clear enough for you?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
In response to the question do you think its realistic that you will trade PK MB said

"NO"

Thats not clear enough for you?

They need him to swear on his mother's grave that he's not trading PK)) even then they would still doubt it ...

He never knew his mother...

His mother is still alive , and so on )))

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
Are you aware that we're in 2016? If Bergevin says "PK is not gonna be traded 100%" , in 5 minutes it will be known on Mars .

So what after? He calls the 29 other GM's and tells them that it was a joke , just for the media?

Or the 29 other GM's call him asking if it was a joke just for the media?

Like what's the point in saying he's not available 100%?

Pretty simple. He's already having people call him and if he says he has no interest in trading him it drives up the price for the people already asking. He's posturing. He knows by doing so, any GM who realistically wants him would have to make an offer he cannot refuse, and there are guys like Benning calling him, a guy known for being bad with trades. When a player is unavailable one would have to consider that it would cost a lot to make him available, no? Everyone has their price.

I'm pretty sure the other 29 GM's don't really care what various GM's are saying to the media anyways. Do you think they're keeping TSN/SNET on 24/7 just dying to catch the next Bergevin presser? What's said between the GM and the media is largely BS anyways.

Doesn't change the fact that I expect our GM to quit making excuses about why his job is too hard for him, but anything said about players, potential trades, who and who isn't available between the GM and media needs to be taken with a grain of salt IMO.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
They need him to swear on his mother's grave that he's not trading PK)) even then they would still doubt it ...

Bergevin could tattoo on his forehead "I'm never trading PK" and Edmonton fans would still be posting "Yakupov, RNH and 4th for Subban?"

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Pretty simple. He's already having people call him and if he says he has no interest in trading him it drives up the price for the people already asking. He's posturing. He knows by doing so, any GM who realistically wants him would have to make an offer he cannot refuse, and there are guys like Benning calling him, a guy known for being bad with trades. When a player is unavailable one would have to consider that it would cost a lot to make him available, no? Everyone has their price.

I'm pretty sure the other 29 GM's don't really care what various GM's are saying to the media anyways. Do you think they're keeping TSN/SNET on 24/7 just dying to catch the next Bergevin presser? What's said between the GM and the media is largely BS anyways.

Doesn't change the fact that I expect our GM to quit making excuses about why his job is too hard for him, but anything said about players, potential trades, who and who isn't available between the GM and media needs to be taken with a grain of salt IMO.

Well actually you know why people are calling him? Because he was smart enough to leave the door juuuust a little bit open and didn't close it firmly like a lot here want him to do .

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

He never knew his mother...

His mother is still alive , and so on )))

:cry::cry::cry:

LOL Bravo sir Bravo

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Bergevin could tattoo on his forehead "I'm never trading PK" and Edmonton fans would still be posting "Yakupov, RNH and 4th for Subban?"

I really think that the only real trade partner is Edmonton. They have a lot of young studs , a lot of cap space and they clearly need a solid D to make them a better team.

If they're willing to pay the price then Bergevin should do it . We have the best goaltender in the world in nets i'm sure we can do well even loosing PK if we start scoring close to 3 goals a game.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I really think that the only real trade partner is Edmonton. They have a lot of young studs , a lot of cap space and they clearly need a solid D to make them a better team.

If they're willing to pay the price then Bergevin should do it . We have the best goaltender in the world in nets i'm sure we can do well even loosing PK if we start scoring close to 3 goals a game.

We don't have the coaching staff to compete in an offensive minded system, and Bergevin isn't about to replace his foxhole buddy. Honestly, we have a better shot by strengthening the d corps and trying to win 2-1.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Klefbom-Petry
Markov-Emelin
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Barberio

Juulsen is on his way . I agree that loosing Subban is bad but let's just say we get Drasaitl, PLD and Keller or Brown or they can draft a stud D with the 9 pick .

The point is that we have way too much cap invested in our D with a Hall of famer in net. With Price in net we should be good .

And we could even go after Stamkos with all the cash we would get..

Once Markov goes...thats almost literally the Oilers D.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Once Markov goes...thats almost literally the Oilers D.

I don't know why but i have a strong feeling that Markov is gonna be good for a longer stretch than people think. Since he had his injuries his skating took a shot for sure but he's so smart on the ice that he rarely places himself in a bad situation and he anticipates amazingly the game .

He kinda plays a Lidstrom type of hockey , he's not using a lot of energy to do stuff on the ice compare to PK )))

So i would not take him out of the equation so fast, he's still more than decent out there, let's hope he's not gonna fall of a climb too soon .

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
We don't have the coaching staff to compete in an offensive minded system, and Bergevin isn't about to replace his foxhole buddy. Honestly, we have a better shot by strengthening the d corps and trying to win 2-1.

Actually i'm not gonna agree with you, MT never had the guns to go full attack , that's why he preached a more tight type of hockey cuz we had the best goalie and a strong D .

It's actually what any coach would do ... play your strong cards...

He gets a lot of critic but you have to realistically evaluate the roster. We don't have a team to open up the game and go toe to toe with other offensive minded teams, it would be stupid.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
I don't know why but i have a strong feeling that Markov is gonna be good for a longer stretch than people think. Since he had his injuries his skating took a shot for sure but he's so smart on the ice that he rarely places himself in a bad situation and he anticipates amazingly the game .

He kinda plays a Lidstrom type of hockey , he's not using a lot of energy to do stuff on the ice compare to PK )))

So i would not take him out of the equation so fast, he's still more than decent out there, let's hope he's not gonna fall of a climb too soon .

I agree with you but we need to manage his minutes better though. Cant have him playing near 20+ minutes and expect him to be as effective.

I have aa feeeling with muller back...he might draw up some nice plays on the pp for markov :D

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Actually i'm not gonna agree with you, MT never had the guns to go full attack , that's why he preached a more tight type of hockey cuz we had the best goalie and a strong D .

It's actually what any coach would do ... play your strong cards...

He gets a lot of critic but you have to realistically evaluate the roster. We don't have a team to open up the game and go toe to toe with other offensive minded teams, it would be stupid.

Except he has the least physical line up in the league (forward wise) dumping and chasing and "grinding" while JJ Daignault has an acutally pretty physical back end not using their weight.

The entire coachign staff is ass backwards.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I agree with you but we need to manage his minutes better though. Cant have him playing near 20+ minutes and expect him to be as effective.

I have aa feeeling with muller back...he might draw up some nice plays on the pp for markov :D

Yeah , i hope they put Markov on the left on the PP so he can find that diagonal pass to Galchenyuk , like he did with Kovalev back in the time. It was amazing to see . I remember back then when we had a PP , I was so excited just waiting for that opening and the amazin pass of Markov to Kovalev ... et le buuuuuuuuuutttttt ))

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'm gonna dream a bit now))

If we manage to move Subban for Draisaitl, 4 pick and Klefbom.

Trade Plekanec , get rid of DD .

With the cash sign Stamkos and Okposo.

I think Lehkonen is going to be a stud , and he's gonna make the team.

And i really liked what i saw from Lessio.

We move Emelin to the right side , he already played there, and with Markov he should be ok , like Komisarek))

Paciorrety-Stamkos-Gallagher

Lehkonen -Galchenyuk-Okposo

PLD-Draisaitl-Andrighetto

Danault-Eller-Lessio

Mitchell, Flynn,Byron,Carr

Klefbom-Petry

Markov-Emelin

Beaulieau-Pateryn

Barberio

Price/Condon

Lool i know it's never gonna happen but i would like it.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
With the expansion in Vegas, the league coffers will get an added half billion in revnues spread over a few seasons. That's enough to ensure the cap will be going up every year for the next few seasons. If the CND dollar goes back up, we might be looking at a 90 mil cap in 4-5 years.
Those revenues are not included in the salary cap.

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Amazing isn't it?

The media and fans have driven this PK Subban trade all day long.

MB was apparently working out the last few details of a trade with the Canucks or Oilers, which is why he was 1hr late to the presser according to 690.

But nah, MB is the one creating all of this lol

People are legit not trying anymore....i called this as soon as the presser was announced earlier today

Nailed it lol
690 spent hours speculating about what MB could get for PK.

Same here (actually days if not weeks).

Danny Dube says there is a 75% chance that PK is traded.
Martin McGuire says there is a 35% chance that PK is traded.

And to be frank, the only thing MB said was: we listen. Never said more...:shakehead:popcorn:

What I find funny is that nobody asked him if he was receiving phone calls for Price, Patches or Gallagher.
He must receive those calls but he listens and does not divulge them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad