Confirmed with Link: Bergevin meeting with the media at 5:30 today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Ahhhh ya. The poster I quoted was praising Chia for how well he kept the Seguin situation quiet. That worked out real well for Boston. Kept the fact that Seguin was on the market quiet and pulled off one of the worst deals ever. We need a guy like that, that will say PK is untouchable then trade him for a bag of pucks. Thats our guy.

We don't need a guy who will trade PK no matter how he goes about it.

We need the guy who will keep his #1 dman which is a needed component of any contending team and use that asset to its maximum value. Trading such players almost never result in wins. I think it's a waste of time to entertain this process, not to mention disrespectful (the way MB is going about it anyway).

We have a guy who performs in both the regular season and playoffs, one of the few who can do it in Montreal and is clearly elite. Why do we think we can do better than that by trading him ? Usually you keep those players, you count yourself lucky that you have such players. And it's the other players around that player that you trade to try and improve the team. Not in habs land though. We should focus on making DD, Pacioretty and Plekanec happy instead. That's more important, catering to crappy dime a dozen players.

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
That's the biggest problem for me and that's why it's disappointing to see management feed more fuel to these ridiculous rumors, instead of killing them.

The only reason he isn't saying flat out no is that in the event MB said "no, PK is not available" someone offers the moon and MB takes the deal; then good luck convincing guys to sign here when your word means nothing. He is just keeping his options open for a lindross type deal. At least that is what I think he is saying.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Ok , i'm done reading all the 38 pages of this unbelievable useless thread...

How can you even compare giving a vote of confidence to your head coach versus a player??? This is just unreal !

There are just two options with a coach either you fire his *** or you back him up , in the meantime you have a lot more options when we talk about a player .Why would you deliberately paint yourself in a corner with a player? To please the crowd ? Seems logic...

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com
We don't need a guy who will trade PK no matter how he goes about it.

We need the guy who will keep his #1 dman which is a needed component of any contending team and use that asset to its maximum value. Trading such players almost never result in wins. I think it's a waste of time to entertain this process, not to mention disrespectful (the way MB is going about it anyway).

We have a guy who performs in both the regular season and playoffs, one of the few who can do it in Montreal and is clearly elite. Why do we think we can do better than that by trading him ? Usually you keep those players, you count yourself lucky that you have such players. And it's the other players around that player that you trade to try and improve the team. Not in habs land though. We should focus on making DD, Pacioretty and Plekanec happy instead. That's more important, catering to crappy dime a dozen players.

Wait, wait. Did you just say that Pacioretty and Plekanec are a dime a dozen? Really. Pacioretty, the guys who always scorer more than 30 goal a season? ok bud.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Cant put my finger on when it transpired .... anyone care to pin point where my habs turned into the leafs ?

Could it be MB doing his best JFJ and Therrien doing Rick Wilson. Is that when it started to turn?

Take some solace (not much) that the entire league and game has changed. With the cap and all the teams players/coaches/gms/goalies move from team to team like its the CFL.

What kind of sport/league is it where every one is in agreement that the best thing the lightening can do for the team is let Stamkos go play for someone else??? cap smap

:amazed:

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
The only reason he isn't saying flat out no is that in the event MB said "no, PK is not available" someone offers the moon and MB takes the deal; then good luck convincing guys to sign here when your word means nothing. He is just keeping his options open. At least that is what I think he is saying.

I really don't think that's true at all. Everyone would understand that some offers can't be refused and that's that. The only words that matter are the ones that are written in the contract "No trade/movement clause". Still there are probably some no-no such as signing a player and trading him right away. But the above doesn't qualify in my opinion, I really don't think it would have the effect you say it would have.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Wait, wait. Did you just say that Pacioretty and Plekanec are a dime a dozen? Really. Pacioretty, the guys who always scorer more than 30 goal a season? ok bud.

Not plekanics fault but its an NHL reality that is if he is the centerman who gets the most ice time on your team................the team is in trouble

so sad

Last edited:

Thebesthockey

Aug 6, 2013
this is how MB rolls
its all about protecting himself and his image
always coming out and being nebulous about things
so it can never be on him and looks like a star whichever way it falls

if pk stays..he says i told you so in conference
if pk goes ..he covers and says " like i said i cant stop offers from coming in "

MB it all about the image

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That's the biggest problem for me and that's why it's disappointing to see management feed more fuel to these ridiculous rumors, instead of killing them.

Can you explain me why they should kill the rumors ? So that HF board stop panicking?

Are you a fan of the CH club and organisation or are you more a fan of PK?

Seems like a big chunk are more fans of one player than the club ... Maybe that's why all this rumors are up there and there's always the idea that this guy is bigger than the club... Keep going... It will just help to trade him

GoHabsGo76

Fire Bergevin
Apr 16, 2009
Hawthorne, NJ
Can you explain me why they should kill the rumors ? So that HF board stop panicking?

Seems like a big chunk are more fans of one player than the club ... Maybe that's why all this rumors are up there and there's always the idea that this guy is bigger than the club... Keep going... It will just help to trade him

You can still not believe any individual is bigger than the CH at the same time as believing that it would be a travesty for Bergevin to trade PK. His tenure does not exactly induce confidence among the fans and at times it feels like he's just throwing **** on the wall to see what sticks.

It's important to acknowledge, whether this is fair or not, that fans are absolutely sick and tired of his games of favoritism.

I happen to think it's clear. Just one look at the coaching situation and how MB handled that says all you need to know.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004

By dime a dozen I meant that they are nothing special.

If Pacioretty could score goals in the playoffs like he is in the regular season and was more of a warrior on the ice... or if he was more dynamic offensively... then he would start to approach Subban in terms of being elite at his position.

As for Plekanec, he's a weakass #1 and a good #2.

DD, doesn't really require explanations.

I used those 3 because of run ins Subban has had with those guys at one point or another and I get the feeling they don't get along but just name anyone else on this team not named Price or Subban and no one is a special player (Galchenyuk has that potential though).

Don't focus on a few words you find exaggerated. Focus on the main point I was making that you don't cater to guys like that over a guy like Subban.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
this is how MB rolls
its all about protecting himself and his image
always coming out and being nebulous about things
so it can never be on him and looks like a star whichever way it falls

if pk stays..he says i told you so in conference
if pk goes ..he covers and says " like i said i cant stop offers from coming in "

MB it all about the image

His image? The guy is the GM and the face of the Canadiens de Montreal for god sake !

Your whole message seem to be a jab to the individual Marc Bergevin while he's just an employee doing his job...

Do you think he's taking all the decisions and he's getting out there in front of the media and speaks HIS mind out?

He's just the guy who's getting out there to say it , but it's a whole committee discussed stuff and approved by the owner even before he opens his mouth.

Leave the guy alone ))

mobifree

Cellphone Unlocker
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
www.mobifree.net
Cant put my finger on when it transpired .... anyone care to pin point where my habs turned into the leafs ?

Could it be MB doing his best JFJ and Therrien doing Rick Wilson. Is that when it started to turn?

Take some solace (not much) that the entire league and game has changed. With the cap and all the teams players/coaches/gms/goalies move from team to team like its the CFL.

What kind of sport/league is it where every one is in agreement that the best thing the lightening can do for the team is let Stamkos go play for someone else??? cap smap

:amazed:

The Leafs have capable management and head coach..
Definitely can't say the same about our Habs.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
People discussing and bickering over a MB press conference. MBs pcs are meaningless as always, cant believe people are this up in arms. Well i can believe but this is pathetic. People have to argue, bash and defend every word.

Imagine if he finally does something of meaning.

mobifree

Cellphone Unlocker
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
www.mobifree.net
By dime a dozen I meant that they are nothing special.

If Pacioretty could score goals in the playoffs like he is in the regular season and was more of a warrior on the ice... or if he was more dynamic offensively... then he would start to approach Subban in terms of being elite at his position.

As for Plekanec, he's a weakass #1 and a good #2.

DD, doesn't really require explanations.

I used those 3 because of run ins Subban has had with those guys at one point or another and I get the feeling they don't get along but just name anyone else on this team not named Price or Subban and no one is a special player (Galchenyuk has that potential though).

Don't focus on a few words you find exaggerated. Focus on the main point I was making that you don't cater to guys like that over a guy like Subban.

Forward who pad stats in the regular season and disappear in the playoffs are indeed a dime a dozen indeed.

An elite Norris winning, top 3 all-round d-man is NOT. This guy is an elite super star. Instead of building around him and Price, the clowns are trying to get rid of him. SMH.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Bergy said "if someone offered me half there team,then you got to make it work,but it's not my intention"

So again,if the offer was too good to refuse he would trade Subban...
And i don't think he means"someone offer half there team" as Habs getting 11- 12 players for Subban...lol

It would take a knock your socks off kind of offer value wise...

mobifree

Cellphone Unlocker
Jul 18, 2011
Toronto
www.mobifree.net
People discussing and bickering over a MB press conference. MBs pcs are meaningless as always, cant believe people are this up in arms. Well i can believe but this is pathetic. People have to argue, bash and defend every word.

Imagine if he finally does something of meaning.

The press conference is just a the latest in a series of moves by Bergevin vs Subban since he got here.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

So if you blindly support management, you're a fan. If you have the audacity to intelligently offer a contrary opinion, you're not a fan.

Okay, we've covered fandom. How about dogmatic next?

Last edited:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You can still not believe any individual is bigger than the CH at the same time as believing that it would be a travesty for Bergevin to trade PK. His tenure does not exactly induce confidence among the fans and at times it feels like he's just throwing **** on the wall to see what sticks.

It's important to acknowledge, whether this is fair or not, that fans are absolutely sick and tired of his games of favoritism.

I happen to think it's clear. Just one look at the coaching situation and how MB handled that says all you need to know.

I love Pk and everything about the human being , but if MB is able to trade him for something that will make this team better now and for the future i'm not gonna hang myself, i'm gonna get over it and still cheer for my team as I always did .

So i don't see the point in saying he's 100% not gonna be traded even if he's not gonna be traded at 99,9% .

I just don't get it , why is this so important for a lot of people to hear the words "PK Subban is not gonna be traded"?

Will you not be happy if we get a huge over payment for PK? Actually it's Bergevin's thinking... He's not gonna trade him if he doesn't screw the other GM big time, and I 100% agree with this...

habaholic

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
So if you blindly support management, you're a fan. If you have the audacity to intelligently offer a contact opinion, you're not a fan.

Inteliigently? Really? The personal attacks, name calling (ie BargainBin), personal agendas, there's really no much of it that I would refer to as intelligent.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
So if you blindly support management, you're a fan. If you have the audacity to intelligently offer a contact opinion, you're not a fan.

What? Did i wrote that? I just said that i'm supporting a team (hockey is a team game ) and i will never put one guy ahead of that team . If by trading that guy the team gets better , do it! What's the problem?

Blindly? no need of this

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I love Pk and everything about the human being , but if MB is able to trade him for something that will make this team better now and for the future i'm not gonna hang myself, i'm gonna get over it and still cheer for my team as I always did .

So i don't see the point in saying he's 100% not gonna be traded even if he's not gonna be traded at 99,9% .

I just don't get it , why is this so important for a lot of people to hear the words "PK Subban is not gonna be traded"?

Will you not be happy if we get a huge over payment for PK? Actually it's Bergevin's thinking... He's not gonna trade him if he doesn't screw the other GM big time, and I 100% agree with this...

I haven't seen a single trade proposal for Subban that didn't make the defence horribly worse. If we lose him, then our other superstar is at jeopardy.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
What? Did i wrote that? I just said that i'm supporting a team (hockey is a team game ) and i will never put one guy ahead of that team . If by trading that guy the team gets better , do it! What's the problem?

Blindly? no need of this

What's not necessary is for you to suggest that people who don't agree with you aren't fans. No one is putting one guy ahead of the team. The dissenting opinion is that virtually every trade scenario makes the team worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad