Movies: Ben Affleck out of the Batman role

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
The advanced word and initial reaction to Batman v. Superman seemed to be "man this movie sucks but Affleck is highlight." When I finally sat down to watch it, I wanted to know what the hell everyone was smoking. He sucked every bit as much as the rest of that movie. May it burn in all the hells. Glad he's gone from it.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Screenshot_20190131-091301~2.png

Batman

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The advanced word and initial reaction to Batman v. Superman seemed to be "man this movie sucks but Affleck is highlight." When I finally sat down to watch it, I wanted to know what the hell everyone was smoking. He sucked every bit as much as the rest of that movie. May it burn in all the hells. Glad he's gone from it.

Yeah, you have to question the judgment of anyone who thinks Batfleck was anything short of an abomination.

Going from Bale to that was a joke. He's at Kilmer/Clooney level.

Shadowtron

Feb 27, 2002
Earth
Take out the factory scene in BvsS and you have a George Clooney Batman. He was meh in BvsS and absolutely dreadful in JL.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The world really, truly does not need another Batman movie.

What it does need is a proper Batman show. Young Bruce Wayne learning the ropes. And for crying out loud, not villains that are 20 years older than him... Or just make a live action The Dark Knight Returns. That's a story I could buy Josh Brolin in as Batman.

Kevs Security

inmateMack/CanesMack/LeafMack/elMacko
May 28, 2018
Toronto, Canada
Flashverse trilogy with Jon Hamm as Bruce/Batty and Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Thomas. I saw this wish somewhere and I gotta say, I like it.

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Can't they just leave Batman alone for a while? Do we really need a new one at all times?

It would have been nice if they just let it sit for a while after the Nolan trilogy, wait until that isn't still fresh in everyone's mind and when you have a new take on the franchise - then go for it. They found a new Batman just so they could try to copy Marvel.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I read somewhere that Kit Harington is one of the 'top choices' to be the next Batman.

Really though? :huh:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I've seen a few lists of top contenders floating around and most of the choices are baffling. I know Armie Hammer has been associated with a couple of bombs but in my opinion fits the bill the best of the main contenders. He has the height/build, has played physically demanding roles in the past, and is a solid actor.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I'm always down for a good Batman flick.

He just seems too weirdly out of his depth in the cosmic DC universe, especially after the relatively grounded Nolan movies worked so well. Forget the tie-ins and universe-building. Just leave Batman alone in his Batworld, focus on a good story, and I'll give the new movie a chance.

Not that I have much faith in DC's creative direction or casting recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad