Movies: Ben Affleck out of the Batman role

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I actually liked Affleck in the role and liked the idea of an older Batman ala Fran Miller's The Dark Knight Returns. The moves just didn't do him justice (sorry).

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Affleck would have been great if he was allowed to keep his creative control. Guy's a diehard of the series and his vision for that batman movie coming looked like it was gonna be really cool. (Noir detective style, basically what the character was inspired by)

I can't wait to see which two bit hack they find to ruin Batman like they did with Superman and Henry Cavill.

theotis77

Jul 25, 2005
I thought Cavill was fine as Superman, they just wrote the character terribly. He looked the part, and in the few moments in the movies where the positivity of Superman actually was allowed to shine though, he was pretty convincing.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I thought Cavill was fine as Superman, they just wrote the character terribly. He looked the part, and in the few moments in the movies where the positivity of Superman actually was allowed to shine though, he was pretty convincing.

I agree. My problem with most of the DC products is the crappy writing.

Did they confirm Affleck is out? I saw something online earlier this week, but nothing official. I wouldn't say he's really the problem with the DCEU.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't think the casting has been a problem in any of the DC films. It's the writing and directing that have been piss poor, plus they lacked the overall cohesiveness that Marvel has. Hopefully they've finally learned that lesson and do better moving forward.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I don't think the casting has been a problem in any of the DC films. It's the writing and directing that have been piss poor, plus they lacked the overall cohesiveness that Marvel has. Hopefully they've finally learned that lesson and do better moving forward.
The movies also all look awful. Part of that is how they are directed, but they also look about 10 to 15 years out of date when it comes to CGI. With so much money being put into these movies there is no reason for the big set pieces to look so bad.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The movies also all look awful. Part of that is how they are directed, but they also look about 10 to 15 years out of date when it comes to CGI. With so much money being put into these movies there is no reason for the big set pieces to look so bad.

The CGI in Justice League looked terrible. I almost laughed every time the villain (whose name I can't even remember since I cared so little about most of the movie) was on screen.

theotis77

Jul 25, 2005
The CGI in Justice League looked terrible. I almost laughed every time the villain (whose name I can't even remember since I cared so little about most of the movie) was on screen.
The CGI in JL was partially so bad because of all the last minute reshoots. Which included a lot of really heavy effects sequences. There was no time to do quality work.

Reactions: G F O P

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I had no problem with him as Batman, and actually preferred him over Christian Bale

With that said, I'd like to see Josh Brolin get a turn as the Caped Crusader:

josh_brolin_as_batman_by_poumap-d60nl1w-e1378645441167.jpg

url

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It's not a popular choice amongst the fans, but Bradley Cooper is basically Val Kilmer as Bruce Wayne reincarnated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad