Post-Game Talk: Belzile beasting! Fleury flooring opponents! Habs win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Wasn't able to watch the game but by the comments here I take it that Droo-ehn had another outstanding game. Bergevin will never admit that he screwed up with the pretty local boy... Bon pt't gars d'chez nous is going to be here for a long time dazzling the fans with his potential. Buckle up.

Relax there for a second. Everyone sucked! Hardly any effort from anyone from either team. Still got to hear that pathetic Panther though. Not sure which is worse,Panthers or the 'Yotes.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
At this point, I trade Drouin and a 2021 first rounder for Laine. Atleast Laine as one dimensional as he is he scores goals... Drouin right now is just a basket case.

Hell I would trade Drouin for whatever.
Yes, I'm sure the Jets would trade Laine for any package where Drouin is a moderately significant piece. Riiiiiiiiiight

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
x1000. holly over reactions in this thread

Yes, that theory that vets don't try in preseason is a great show of their leadership and perfectly expalins why Alzner, Schlemko, Benn, Streit, and Hemsky were so bad in preseason 2 years ago, and performed so fantastically afterwards. It's a good thing we didn't need to rush Mete and change his developmental trajectory because they were so awesome.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Barkov was still the most dangerous player on either side, despite going through the motions. Huberdeau had his moments as well.

Like I said before, the pre season really has no rhyme or reason as far as wins and losses are concerned.

Well yeah, it was a routine game for them. You know you're good when you don't even need to try and still can be the best player on the ice.

HabsMD97

Jun 30, 2014
king's landing
I can already tell chiarot is gonna be a nightmare to watch this season. although thats what I though the second we signed him, so thats not saying much

Reactions: 26Mats

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I just finished watching the game.

Kotkaniemi looked terrible, sure it's only preseason but the last time he had a game that bad was the rookie tournament over a year ago. I don't think it's fair to blame it on his linemates as he was the worst player on his line.

It matters because he's got to gain confidence early on here to really break out offensively. This is the time when he should be forcing Claude to play him over Danault. Hopefully he really picks it up.

Otherwise Fleury and Poehling had strong games. Drouin's game does seem different, but he's still making mistakes and now he's even less involved offensively.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I thought Leskinen was good...he's probably got the most poise among our Dmen when it comes to handling the puck, other then Petry.

He needs time in the AHL...but he's someone to keep an eye on.

What in his play makes you sure he needs time in the A?

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Suzuki-Poehling-Barber
Peca-Evans-Belzile
Weise-Vejdemo-McCarron
Varone-Verbeek-Alain

Leskinen-Fleury
Ouellet-Juulsen
Alzner-Brook

Lindgren/Primeau

Laval has the chance of being scary good on paper

Last edited:
Reactions: Rapala

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I can already tell chiarot is gonna be a nightmare to watch this season. although thats what I though the second we signed him, so thats not saying much

Let's hope Leskinen is ready to take over if Chiarot fails

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
The D he was up against went down early and took himself out of the play? Who was it? A Panthers player, or a bubble AHLer?

LOL, it was Ekblad, apparently. Not his finest moment. Some Panther fans are complaining about his skating/speed.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Suzuki-Poehling-Barber
Peca-Evans-Belzile
Weise-Vejdemo-McCarron
Varone-Verbeek-Alain

Leskinen-Fleury
Ouellet-Juulsen
Alzner-Brook

Lindgren/Primeau

Laval has the chance of being scary good on paper

I have a feeling a lot of those players will only see so much time in Laval. We'll be needing them in MTL.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I have a feeling a lot of those players will only see so much time in Laval. We'll be needing them in MTL.
Drouin-Domi-Lehkonen
Tatar-Danault-Gally
Byron-KK-Armia
Cousins-Thompson-Weal
Hudon

Mete-Weber
Kulak/Chiarot-Petry
Kulak/Chiarot-Folin
Reilly

Would need a lot of trades and transactions for a lot of the players in the AHL to make the team. I'm all for it if they deserve it and get ice time.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Drouin-Domi-Lehkonen
Tatar-Danault-Gally
Byron-KK-Armia
Cousins-Thompson-Weal
Hudon

Mete-Weber
Kulak/Chiarot-Petry
Kulak/Chiarot-Folin
Reilly

Would need a lot of trades and transactions for a lot of the players in the AHL to make the team. I'm all for it if they deserve it and get ice time.

I'm not yet convinced that lineup is icing our best team that gives us the best opportunity to accumulate the most points.

The way Evans, Poehling, Suzuki, Fleury, Brook, and Leskinen are playing so far may say otherwise. We'll see at the end of the two week preseason and then a little into the season how things are going.

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
I just finished watching the game.

Kotkaniemi looked terrible, sure it's only preseason but the last time he had a game that bad was the rookie tournament over a year ago. I don't think it's fair to blame it on his linemates as he was the worst player on his line.

It matters because he's got to gain confidence early on here to really break out offensively. This is the time when he should be forcing Claude to play him over Danault. Hopefully he really picks it up.

Otherwise Fleury and Poehling had strong games. Drouin's game does seem different, but he's still making mistakes and now he's even less involved offensively.
For what it's worth, according to those who've watched the practices, he's one of the guys who has stood out. But yeah, he broke up a lot of plays yet still had a tough one.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I'm not yet convinced that lineup is icing our best team that gives us the best opportunity to accumulate the most points.

The way Evans, Poehling, Suzuki, Fleury, Brook, and Leskinen are playing so far may say otherwise. We'll see at the end of the two week preseason and then a little into the season how things are going.

Brook hasn't shown me anything NHL worthy yet.

Reactions: Ozmodiar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad