Post-Game Talk: Belzile beasting! Fleury flooring opponents! Habs win 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Agreed in general. I don't think Evans is good enough to displace anyone but I like him as a player. Hudon should not have been resigned.
Fleury, Leskinen and Folin all look pretty good. Will be a tough decision for the staff.

Why not, it was only a one-year contract, and we have the money. The guy was worth looking at one more year.

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
Let's hope Leskinen is ready to take over if Chiarot fails

Watching Chiarot in Winnipeg the last 5 seasons - he's solid and dependable. This game wasn't an accurate representation at all of what he brings to the lineup. Give him some more time with Petry and games with the CH and he will improve from this performance - I think his playstyle and Petry's compliment eachother perfectly.

Reactions: 26Mats

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
I'm not yet convinced that lineup is icing our best team that gives us the best opportunity to accumulate the most points.

The way Evans, Poehling, Suzuki, Fleury, Brook, and Leskinen are playing so far may say otherwise. We'll see at the end of the two week preseason and then a little into the season how things are going.

I agree with you 100%. If players like Fleury and Leskinen can significantly outperform Reilly and Folin in this preseason, how can CJ justify keeping them away from the big club? CJ loves his veterans, and he's been known to develop favourites and not go with the best possible option for the situation before.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
My god the comments :facepalm:. 1st preseason game for some vets and people already losing their minds like they never watched hockey before. Vets are slowly getting ready for the start of season 3 weeks from now, they are not trying to win a spot in the lineup.

Since when is Drouin's spot a lock ?

Reactions: habsfan891

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Poehlin going to have a good NHL career. He has the speed. To go with size, decent hands and hockey sense. Nothing in his way really.

I laughed last night on one of his fore checks both he and the dman took a spill. I remarked in the GDT "finally a forward who ends up on top of the pile" :laugh:

Reactions: habsfan891

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I agree with you 100%. If players like Fleury and Leskinen can significantly outperform Reilly and Folin in this preseason, how can CJ justify keeping them away from the big club? CJ loves his veterans, and he's been known to develop favourites and not go with the best possible option for the situation before.

Its a bit of stretch to call Reilly and Follin veterans, neither are established NHL players. And keep in mind after the first bit of the season Reilly was stapled to the bench most of the season.

Fleury and Leskinen can use some time in the AHL. Why we need to rush everyone all of a sudden. There is one spot on D next to Kulak on the 3rd pair and it will be a dog fight to get it. Fleury has looked good but there is no harm in him having a second season in Laval as the number 1 down there.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
When watching these games fans should look at it more as watching the AHL team. The other teams are full of AHLers too as is ours.

Don't make NHL predictions from them. That should be the takeaway that it looks like we can have a good AHL team this year.

You wouldn't go watch Laval play and decide that every guy on there should be on the habs LOL.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I met Jonathan Drouin's uncle on a public bus in the Cayman Islands.

Untold plot: He walked briskly through to the back of the bus and before the bus took off, he promptly exited via the back door. :sarcasm:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Ok, but what if a vet being outperformed is Chiarot and the rookie is Leskinen?

During Julien's post-game presser, he said congrats to the young players for being our best players. We have to remember the veterans may be still getting themselves back in form, but by the end of the preseason, those last few games, we'll see the true colors of the players.

So my question is: if at the end of camp, Leskininen and Fleury are our top pair, will they push Chiarot to the press box? Anyways it's too early for that now. We'll see at the end of camp.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Untold plot: He walked briskly through to the back of the bus and before the bus took off, he promptly exited via the back door. :sarcasm:

The truth is we were both completely wasted and I just kept screaming "Jo c'tun big star! C'tun big star!!"

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So my question is: if at the end of camp, Leskininen and Fleury are our top pair, will they push Chiarot to the press box? Anyways it's too early for that now. We'll see at the end of camp.

Never going to happen to open the season. Chiarot as a veteran player who the GM went out and signed out of free agency -- no way he doesn't get every chance before that happens.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Never going to happen to open the season. Chiarot as a veteran player who the GM went out and signed out of free agency -- no way he doesn't get every chance before that happens.

Yes it would take quite a turn of events.

But Julien in his presser today was saying, without naming names, that the young guys have been our best players so far. He said I know the veterans are going to start out slower, and that it's only the 2nd game of preseason, but they need to pick it up. He said by the end of camp we'll see the true colors of the players - who's the best.

https://www.rds.ca/videos/hockey/canadiens-je-veux-voir-les-veterans-s-ameliorer-lnh-3.1335883

So I say: we'll see in the last two preseason games against the Leafs how Chiarot and how Leskinen are playing.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

My short term prediction is that we will see Kulak back with Petry soon, and Chiarot will be on the third pair with whoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->